[NO SPOILERS] Art Parkinson tries to upstage RW.

To be honest I don't see a reason to have Rickon and Osha to just be absent until seasons down the road. Is it so bad to have a small scene here and there? If Rickon does have a role to play way later on, I doubt people will remember that there was a Stark after Bran.

If hell happens to befall all our other Stark children, hopefully we see Rickon become a badass. 'The Last Wolf' :)

Yeah all of Rikkon's scenes next season can be a training montage with sweet 80's montage music lol

My fantasy conclusion for Rickon: As Bolton-Frey victory seems inevitable in the North, the heir to Winterfell appears riding a unicorn and leading an army of savage Skagosi who he has rallied to his cause, landing from ships provided by the Iron Bank of Braavos. The Umbers, Manderlys, Mormonts, and Glovers are all quick to pledge themselves to him. Word of the "Young Wolfs" return spreads throughout Westeros, and many smallfolk and superstitious lords mistake it to mean that Robb's ghost has arisen to exact vengeance on the Freys.

I like your fantasy and would love for something similar to happen. If they'd just throw us one tiny bone of a hint - such as a scene or two with Rickon being trained in wildling ways by Osha, fighting by the Umbers or even a glimpse of Skagos ... we could build theories forever (or at least until the final book comes out) about the young wolf's return!

the grossest injustice we have had to face with the TV show at this point is that awesome little boy not getting more air time, I loved little Rickon in the books, and this kid is a shockingly great actor who appears to have only really spoke once in the first season and then only again just before he leaves (possibly for good)... seriously that kid was an untapped resource of awesomeness

the grossest injustice we have had to face with the TV show at this point is that awesome little boy not getting more air time, I loved little Rickon in the books, and this kid is a shockingly great actor who appears to have only really spoke once in the first season and then only again just before he leaves (possibly for good)... seriously that kid was an untapped resource of awesomeness

Agree with this aswell. Really wish they would have at least attempted to show Rickon's development and how he and his wolf had become wilder without parental/elder figures around to keep him in line. Thought the little guy acted brilliantly in this episode, wonder if with hindsight they regret not utilising him more now.

Yes, I loved this scene. Made the rest of the (not always well-handled this season) Bran thread worth it.

I hope we do see more of Rickon, not only because the few (wo?) scenes with Rickon were so good, but also because, to tell the truth, the character has not much been used in the books, either (I think we went a book or two wih his barely being mentioned). Granted he was too young to be directly involved in most of the action. But I hope GRRM has some plans for him in the future.

(The only problem being that if we have to wait for Rickon to grow for the series to end, it could end up taking even longer.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived