[Spoilers] Will Michelle Fairley Stay in the Show?

7V3N

If you read the linked article (Episode 3x09 Spoilers), it seems as though Michelle Fairley (Catelyn Tully Stark) is under the impression (as are D&D) that she will not be returning to the show. I understand that she is an actress that demands more screen time (though why she did not get more this season, I will never understand), but we need a Stoneheart. Fairley's acting has been magnificent and I would have loved to see her portayal of a more dark character.

ETA: Changed the title to avoid spoiling on the main page.

Depends, if they are actually going to show her on screen. Besides the Epilogue of ASoS, she appears again way in the end of AFfC. So there may not be need of having her cast until the season get's there.

Yeah, but that would mean she would only need to have a guest role, which would be easier as far as time constraints go. Plus, they could always give her some more scenes. IIRC, we hear about Stoneheart second-hand a few times.

I'm questioning if any of you read the article.

Weiss: We tried to call Michelle [Fairley] afterwards. She wasn’t answering. A week later she wrote an email saying, “Sorry I haven’t been able to talk to anybody about the show for the past week because I’ve been so shattered.”

This seems to strongly hint she is off as a cast member.

I read another interview with her on Yahoo where she didn't say anything one way or the other about whether or not she'd be returning...maybe we just won't see Stoneheart until next season?

Regardless, she was absolutely incredible in the Red Wedding episode I thought. Say what you will about Cat as a character but Michelle is an exceptional actress.

I'm questioning if any of you read the article.

This seems to strongly hint she is off as a cast member.

I took that to mean that playing out the RW was what left her feeling emotionally drained and shattered. Not only would that be so hard to recover from. - I mean the lady gave it her all.- But a person who she has been like family with off the show let alone on. Was killed off. That's got to be hard to deal with. But that was my interpretation.

Well she's just joined the show Suits as a recurring character. And Suits films during the summer, same time as Game of Thornes. So I'm thinking either UnCat is gone, or is so heavily make-uped that she's been recast. Which makes sense anyway, its not a particularly large role and doesn't have much in the way of dialogue or acting; why would Fairly want to stay on for that? UnCat would seem to be important, but I'm actually thinking its more likely that she's been cut; recasting is always a pain.

ETA: Its also possible that she just won't reappear until Season 5, but that seems rather late for that.

Well she's just joined the show Suits as a recurring character. And Suits films during the summer, same time as Game of Thornes. So I'm thinking either UnCat is gone, or is so heavily make-uped that she's been recast. Which makes sense anyway, its not a particularly large role and doesn't have much in the way of dialogue or acting; why would Fairly want to stay on for that? UnCat would seem to be important, but I'm actually thinking its more likely that she's been cut; recasting is always a pain.

ETA: Its also possible that she just won't reappear until Season 5, but that seems rather late for that.

The only way they can do it is to have her show up in the next episode and then plan to have her do a couple of guest appearances in future years. I think they absolutely would not recast her role that would be crazy.

The fact that shes taken another job combined with what sounded to me like very honest and heartfelt words about leaving the show make me think that there is not going to be any Lady Stoneheart in the series.

UnCat should be a recurring role which requires far less time commitment than Catelyn, I guess something like 2 episodes per season at most. Plenty of actors play this kind of roles on two shows at the same time. Conleth Hill is on Suits too.

UnCat should be a recurring role which requires far less time commitment than Catelyn, I guess something like 2 episodes per season at most. Plenty of actors play this kind of roles on two shows at the same time. Conleth Hill is on Suits too.

Yeah, I don't think this news, nor her comments in the exit interview, offer any indication that she won't return as Stoneheart. At any rate the producers would surely be adamant about hiding this twist from viewers. She'd have a much less prominent role on the show and thus might only need to be available for a week or two per season.

So Catelyn is dead, but in the books, she is not actually gone! She becomes Lady Stoneheart! Who has deep gashes in her face from scratching herself, can’t speak because her throat was cut so deeply, and was in the river for a few days before being brought back to life. She marauds around killing Freys, plus anyone who might have done the Starks wrong, and appears occasionally going forward. Have you talked to Dan and David about Season 4?

MF: Well, you’ll just have to keep watching. You’ll have to keep wattttttcccchhhhin’.

The way Lady Stoneheart, zombie Catelyn, is described — she’s completely insane, basically.

MF: I’m completely insane, so it mightn’t be too much of an acting stretch!

Were that to happen in the show’s future, would that be fun?

MF: No one knows, no one knows. Sorry, Kate!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/kateaurthur/game-of-thrones-michelle-fairley-catelyn-interview-spoilers

So Catelyn is dead, but in the books, she is not actually gone! She becomes Lady Stoneheart! Who has deep gashes in her face from scratching herself, can’t speak because her throat was cut so deeply, and was in the river for a few days before being brought back to life. She marauds around killing Freys, plus anyone who might have done the Starks wrong, and appears occasionally going forward. Have you talked to Dan and David about Season 4?

MF: Well, you’ll just have to keep watching. You’ll have to keep wattttttcccchhhhin’.

The way Lady Stoneheart, zombie Catelyn, is described — she’s completely insane, basically.

MF: I’m completely insane, so it mightn’t be too much of an acting stretch!

Were that to happen in the show’s future, would that be fun?

MF: No one knows, no one knows. Sorry, Kate!

http://www.buzzfeed....erview-spoilers

Nice, not an endorsement exactly, but certainly not a denial either.

Michelle seems so fuckin cool. :)

Archived