[Spoilers] Will Michelle Fairley Stay in the Show?

7V3N

She seems really close to Richard Madden so that could also be a factor in how upset she was. And even if they use UnCat (I just don't see how they could eliminate that storyline; it seems really important), she won't be around as much, so it's still a big change.

Come on guys! I never suggested they'd remove UnCat. Just given the sort of changes in her appearance, they could use another actress and (I think) fairly easily pull it off. All they need to do is show Michelle Fairley do UnCat for this Sunday's finale.

The only way they can do it is to have her show up in the next episode and then plan to have her do a couple of guest appearances in future years. I think they absolutely would not recast her role that would be crazy.

The fact that shes taken another job combined with what sounded to me like very honest and heartfelt words about leaving the show make me think that there is not going to be any Lady Stoneheart in the series.

I mean, look at it from her perspective...

Even if she comes back as unCat, she's still essentially off the show, and she'll likely be working with an entirely different group of people and only working on the show for a couple of days (given how minimal the role is). The main group she worked with the past two years consisted of Robb, Talisa, and Roose. She likely won't be working with any of them again during her future work on the show.

Why on earth would they want to use another actress?

Not want to, but it is somewhat unreasonable to expect her to be available whenever they want a Stoneheart scene. Michelle Fairley demands more as an actress, and Stoneheart is so limited that it isn't fair to ask Fairley to be available for it. The only way I see her staying is if they increase Stoneheart's role.

I honestly think the way forward with Michelle Fairley / Lady Stoneheart is obvious.

-LS is the last scene of Season 3.

-LS then is only talked about for many episodes to come (not seen) adding to the mystery around her resurrection - just as it is done in the books.

-LS / Michelle Fairley will return in future seasons as a "guest" star only

The amount of time she is going to be filming for the show is far, far, far less.

It's really not all that hard to figure out when you think about it.

She's an actress, it's her profession and she's a professional, if they want her back she'll be back.

Yes. But she is also a very talented actress, who is of such quality that she cannot be expected to fit a schedule of a show that gives her an incredibly reduced role. Think about how much they have increased Margaery's role because of the quality of Natalie Dormer. Michelle Fairley will either be a more involved Stoneheart, guest star in a couple episodes, or they will find a new actress to continue Stoneheart (assuming they introduce her in the finale).

ETA:

I honestly think the way forward with Michelle Fairley / Lady Stoneheart is obvious.

-LS is the last scene of Season 3.

-LS then is only talked about for many episodes to come (not seen) adding to the mystery around her resurrection - just as it is done in the books.

-LS / Michelle Fairley will return in future seasons as a "guest" star only

The amount of time she is going to be filming for the show is far, far, far less.

It's really not all that hard to figure out when you think about it.

Yupp. I very much agree. She is just too good of an actress and surely other shows/films will want to hire her.

They're probably saying she's done to not tip off her resurrection.

Yeah, just like they said "Kara Thrace, she dead." and removed her name from the credits on Battlestar Galactica.

Never believe anything that actors or show staff tell you about this kind of stuff.

Yes. But she is also a very talented actress, who is of such quality that she cannot be expected to fit a schedule of a show that gives her an incredibly reduced role. Think about how much they have increased Margaery's role because of the quality of Natalie Dormer. Michelle Fairley will either be a more involved Stoneheart, guest star in a couple episodes, or they will find a new actress to continue Stoneheart (assuming they introduce her in the finale).

ETA:

Yupp. I very much agree. She is just too good of an actress and surely other shows/films will want to hire her.

When she signed a contract they had options on her, if they want her back she'll be back.

look at the episode she appeared in with Bran this season, her makeup was Lady Stoneheart makeup, it's visual foreshadowing of the very last shot of the season (ala the last shot that revealed the others, or the last shot that revealed the dragons).

look at the episode she appeared in with Bran this season, her makeup was Lady Stoneheart makeup, it's visual foreshadowing of the very last shot of the season (ala the last shot that revealed the others, or the last shot that revealed the dragons).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCAvcVNzqVU

I'd say it's a bit of a stretch to call that Stoneheart. It is certainly paler, but not to this extent.

Michelle Fairley is not a huge name; she's a spectacularly talented woman, but this role has basically made her career. If they want her to play LS, it will happen. If anything, I think they will beef up the LS storyline in much the same way they have beefed up Gendry, both to give her more to do, and to ameliorate some of the fan depression over the RW.

Andy Serkis (Gollum from LOTR) everyone's favorite CGI mannequin will be cast as unCat. Andy will wear a suit similar to that he donned for LOTR (not as good, however...a budget thing...), and Stoneheart's unholy features will be CGI'd onto him. Expect an emmy.

I'm just SO GLAD it won't be Talisa who returns

Last scene of the season will probably be Cat's body being washed out on the riverside while the BwB was passing by

It's be awesome if they showed the kiss of life thing tho :D

I'm just SO GLAD it won't be Talisa who returns

Last scene of the season will probably be Cat's body being washed out on the riverside while the BwB was passing by

It's be awesome if they showed the kiss of life thing tho :D

I think they'd have to show the actual resurrection for the scene to have the emotional impact it needs to. It needs to have a very clear "All is not lost" message, and only the actual resurrection could do that.

Michelle Fairley is not a huge name; she's a spectacularly talented woman, but this role has basically made her career. If they want her to play LS, it will happen. If anything, I think they will beef up the LS storyline in much the same way they have beefed up Gendry, both to give her more to do, and to ameliorate some of the fan depression over the RW.

I think you're right about the beefing up part, and that would be fine by me.

Furthermore, just as they did not wholly mutilate Tyrion’s face by taking his nose, I bet that when Beric resurrects (not reanimates!) Catelyn she will not be quite as bad as the book depicts her either.

It would just make more sense to show the scene. From showing it, we'd get the emotional impact, as well as the horror factor. Plus, it'd show us that Beric is dead, Cat is back (but not in the same way, assuming they stick to the horror theme of it), and that these resurrections are still very mysterious to the people conducting them. If they don't show the scene, we would have to get all of it through dialog, and that would cut the emotion out of the scene and also take up even more time.

In regards to Tyrion's scar--a scar/wound is much different than what would mostly be coloring for Cat--white hair, pale face (she was in the river), claw marks (I hope they keep these and, as someone here suggested, make ravens peck at her face). Nothing would be as major as losing a nose (in the book for Tyrion) or the gash on the face (Tyrion in the show).

Having said all that, I cannot describe how disappointed I will be if we do not see Stoneheart in the finale.

Archived