(Book Spoilers) So does this confirm....

To be frank, the clue suffered from over-analysis (as many minor details do). Cat didn't think in the books "she has wide hips", but "she has good hips" - that doesn't necessarily mean too wide, and for Jaime, being a male, her hips may look narrow (esp. if she generally didn't care much about herself since RW so she was probably a bit underfed as well).

The Jeyne Westerling is pregnant and swam out of Riverrun with the BF or was otherwise spirited away secretly theory was always crackpot. But, since they made Talisa a totally different person I doubt her death is going to stop people from believing it.

No heir. Just hair. Curly, and black.

Humidity and Snow. Both resolves the same.

North and South.

No blame in the game. Just fame due to maim,

ing.

Tame,

ing

The small folk into fealty.

Gentrification,

Cut your hair.

Robb has no son.

Ahhh!

Snow bear!

Jon.

Has hair.

Seen bear.

Death stare.

This was just a drunken dare.

Test me.

Test me.

Best me.

Did you just make that up?

Honestly, while we might like to lift clues from the TV show and apply them to the book, they are two very different beasts. TV show looks for single-season arcs: having Talysa hanging about Riverrun for the next few seasons would have no impact. What happened in episode 9 gave a lot more impact that worked very well. In the books Jeyne's fate will remain uncertain until we read otherwise.

So why the frick didn't they just make Talisa Jeyne Westerling? Why the name change and the Volantis stuff?

Because they wanted Robb to have a hot on-screen romance with a sexy young exotic modern nurse rather than a quiet honorable innocent off-screen marriage to a young girl who doesn't get to have any steamy sex scenes in a war tent.

I think it is still possible that book Jeyne will play some small role in the story, but it was never likely that she or any baby she might claim was going to be important in the story line. The great northern conspiracy is backing Jon or Rickon; they don't want a difficult-to-authenticate southern baby as their figurehead. ASOIAF has lots of little threads that weave around and I think it would be nice to follow her thread farther. But she's not part of the main plot anymore. So I wouldn't take her TV death to mean that we won't see her again in the book - it just means that she won't be central to the story anymore.

The theory made sense and was quite sound....particularly the part about the little sister seemingly not accounted for as Jaime watches them leave Riverrun.

It was, however, not openly stated in the book and was based on speculation.

What I'm bummed about is that we now may not have the exchange between Jaime and the Blackfish, and we definately won't have the scene where Jeyne or Fake Jeyne has to had the crown over to Jaime. Could have been a good TV moment.

To be frank, the clue suffered from over-analysis (as many minor details do). Cat didn't think in the books "she has wide hips", but "she has good hips" - that doesn't necessarily mean too wide, and for Jaime, being a male, her hips may look narrow (esp. if she generally didn't care much about herself since RW so she was probably a bit underfed as well).

:agree: Kind of like the evidence for Talisa being a spy...

Wow I am so glad there are some people on this forum who can think about the connection between the show and the books logically and practically without just robotically regurgitating 'show is not book canon'. I agree with whoever said upthread that she might have been pregnant and miscarried the child, but as for Robb having fathered an heir - not going to happen. As for those who say Robb did father a child but the child won't have that much of an impact on the story which is why they could cut it out of the shows, familiarise yourself Chekov's law.

:agree: Kind of like the evidence for Talisa being a spy...

I disagree. If anything the gave us a red herring. They went out of their way to point towards Talisa being a spy.

Especially the scene where Tywin says "we are waiting on the young wolf to fail and he will not fail, unless we help him."

The very next scene shows Robb meeting Talisa...

http://www.wetpaint.com/game-of-thrones/articles/game-of-thrones-season-3-theory-is-talisa-a-lannister-spy

Red herring, but the evidence was there to support it. Not just overanalyzing.

No, it doesn't.

Unless Robb not naming Jon his heir disproves the fact that it means something in the books. Or that not including Coldhands means that he won't be important or show up again.

I never believed this theory, but I wouldn't put too much weight on the things the show does differently from the books.

^^^^^^ But that is clearly not an apt comparison. In both those cases the show writers could easily take a slightly different path to arrive at the same point. How can Robb father an heir in the show from the grave if it is going to happen in the books? If you accept that Robb fathering an heir would have an impact on the plot, then you must also accept that it can't have happened as there is now no possible way that it could happen in the show.

i dont really think anything on the show can confirm anything in the books.

if they can change things that we know happen in the books, they can change things we think happened in the books

and if they need something to help them out now, they will clearly sacrifice a potential plot element down the road

Archived