(Book Spoilers) So does this confirm....

^^^^^^ How can you be so obtuse? You really think that if Robb fathered a child that becomes important down the line in the books D&D wouldn't know about it? And if they knew about it they would just go 'nah don't like that really important part of the story'. This is not like the omission of Strong Belwas or jesters, or the death of Mago. This is something that would become fundamental to the story if it were true.

Has there been any other television series created from a long, multi-volume work-still-in-progress-of-being-written, while the television series is being broadcast? The Sookie Stackhouse books tend to stand alone, they don't count so much, and neither the television series team or the author made claims they were one and the same, as they so clearly are not.

It feels very much as if the book series is going to merge with the television series, and following or not as they choose the author's choices for the conclusion, the television series will be essentially finishing the books series as it concludes the television series.

Yep, just like it proves Bran is the only person ever anywhere to warg a human.

adds credability to the theory that theres warging in the theon sample chapter from TWOW

@ the op the close up of talisas stomach getting stabbed was possibly a nod to book readers that he didn't get jeyne with child if that makes any sense lol

If you accept that Robb fathering an heir would have an impact on the plot, then you must also accept that it can't have happened as there is now no possible way that it could happen in the show.

I don't accept that. You're the one making that assumption. But let's say it does; it's still just a minor point unless the Westerlings suddenly gain a lot of power. But as the Westerlings don't exist in the show, they can ignore it completely if they want: the plot is complicated enough as it is and they've mentioned this is as large as the show's going to get. And as you say, they can always take a slightly different path if they need another heir to Winterfell.

but does it really matter if he names Jon in the will...he refused Stannis when he had the chance to give him Lordship and he probably would have refused Robb being that he was Lord Commander of NW.....I think the story is leaning towards rickon taking over the lordship ...Sansa will not get it for she is still techinically married to Tyrion eventhough the marriage was never consumated....they are still married no?

I don't understand why people are upset that the show indicates that something that happened in the books can be taken at face value, and was likely INTENDED to be taken at face value.

It was. People don't want to hear it, but GRRM has told people that Jaime's description was just a MISTAKE. Her own god damn mother said she was making sure she wouldn't get pregnant.

But some people can't let go of their theories.

^^^^^^ How can you be so obtuse? You really think that if Robb fathered a child that becomes important down the line in the books D&D wouldn't know about it? And if they knew about it they would just go 'nah don't like that really important part of the story'. This is not like the omission of Strong Belwas or jesters, or the death of Mago. This is something that would become fundamental to the story if it were true.

Especially since D&D have said they know how it will all end.

I think this episode confirms that Coldhands will not be in the show, which is a bummer.

I'm with the people that say it is dubious to read too much into how the show might affect future books. GRRM will do what he wants to do. His objectives, resolving one of the greatest fantasy epics of all time, and HBO's objectives, making a slick/sexy/successful mini-series, are not aligned.

I think this episode confirms that Coldhands will not be in the show, which is a bummer.

I'm with the people that say it is dubious to read too much into how the show might affect future books. GRRM will do what he wants to do. His objectives, resolving one of the greatest fantasy epics of all time, and HBO's objectives, making a slick/sexy/successful mini-series, are not aligned.

Again, D&D know how it will end. Do you really think if Robb had a baby in the books, and they knew about it, that they would still kill it? That would be way too much of a big thing to change, even they aren't that stupid.

So why the frick didn't they just make Talisa Jeyne Westerling? Why the name change and the Volantis stuff?

If D&D want to alter a character to better serve the themes of the show, GRRM ok's it, but asks them to just re-name the character/change up their back story, so it doesnt interfere with the spirit of the character he created in the book.

Got this from "A Podcast of Ice and Fire"...They said this renaming is why we have "Locke" instead of "Vargo Hoat". (im just re-purposing this theory to fit Talisa, which seems essentially similar)

B-list characters that serve the same plot points as their book counterparts, but are ultimately different enough that they should remain tv-show creations.

Yep, just like it proves Bran is the only person ever anywhere to warg a human.

Nope, Varamyr actually wargs Thistle as well. He fails in taking over control, but he CAN warg a human. And to be honest, he failed cause Thistle resisted, and I doubt Hodor is a really strongminded person to resist this kind of thing. I'm sure Varamyr could have warged Hodor too

It's been a while since I read the books but I'm pretty sure Jayne Westerling's mum was slipping her the Westeros version of the pill to make sure there would be no complications with regards to the succession, remembering at that stage with Bran and Rickon officially dead, Robb genuinely dead and Jayne not up the duff with Robb's child Sansa would then become the heir hence the reason she was married off to Tyrion.

Yeah, she is not pregnant, but the theory had 2 parts, the pregnancy, and the escape. They weren't necessarily connected. I still find it very hard to believe that the Blackfish would have just abandoned his queen in the hand of the Lannisters.

Archived