ASOIAF wiki in Persian(Farsi)

King Joramun

Hi guys,

My name is Mahdi and I'm from Iran. Nine months ago, me and some of my friends started ASOIAF fan site for Iranian fans of GRRM and now we want to start ASOIAF wiki in Persian(Farsi).

We're going to set-up Mediawiki on our site so can you tell us what is necessary in the beginning? Any recommendation would be helpful.

Also we would like our wiki become a sister wiki of yours and linked via interwiki. Can this be possible? Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Mahdi

Thank you Winterz,

I checked them. So the first steps are organizing categories and templates.

I've a question:

Can we assign two titles to a single page?(or one title and one subtitle)

I mean a Persian title and an English title. Persian alphabet is different from English alphabet, thus characters name are written different. It would be good to have a Persian and an English title for every page, and it would be great if both of them be searchable.

Thanks

Thank you Winterz,

I checked them. So the first steps are organizing categories and templates.

I've a question:

Can we assign two titles to a single page?(or one title and one subtitle)

I mean a Persian title and an English title. Persian alphabet is different from English alphabet, thus characters name are written different. It would be good to have a Persian and an English title for every page, and it would be great if both of them be searchable.

Thanks

You can't exactly have two different things in the title but what you can do, is use redirects with the respective english names and also write within the article's body the names in different dialects. The actual name of the page should be farsi though.

• 1 month later...

Hello again

We finally opened Persian wiki of ASOIAF and now we have about 150 articles. Our wiki is mainly based on your wiki so we would be delighted if our wiki be connected via interwiki to yours.

Here is Main page of Persian Wiki: www.Westeros.ir/wiki

By the way you want to see our main website and forum you can find them here:

www.Westeros.ir

www.Westeros.ir/forum

Regards,

Joramun

• 2 weeks later...

Could anybody tell me to whom I must speak about this matter?

Congratulations with your wiki! Great that there are now wiki dedicated to the books / tv in some many languaged.

Ran is the only one who can add your wiki on the awoiaf wiki interwiki. Do you know how to setup interwikis on you site?

Another thing: I noticed that your wiki is showing images without license info. Some of them are even copyright. So you are not allowed to use them without permission of the copyright holders. I would urge you to look into this matter.

Unless stated otherwise the content of wikis is released under the creative commons license. This means that everybody can use it if they attribute and release it themselves under the same license. This includes commercially use! So please look into this

Chetori Joramun jan ?

I suggest you to PM the admins directy, or ask the mods whether they can help the Persian community or not.

Hi Rubacava,

Thanks for your help.

Congratulations with your wiki! Great that there are now wiki dedicated to the books / tv in some many languaged.

Ran is the only one who can add your wiki on the awoiaf wiki interwiki. Do you know how to setup interwikis on you site?

Another thing: I noticed that your wiki is showing images without license info. Some of them are even copyright. So you are not allowed to use them without permission of the copyright holders. I would urge you to look into this matter.

Unless stated otherwise the content of wikis is released under the creative commons license. This means that everybody can use it if they attribute and release it themselves under the same license. This includes commercially use! So please look into this

Thank you. I'll speak with Ran about it.

Yes, we have configured interwikis on our site and already half of articles are conected to english pages.

About copyright:

Currently I'm contacting with copyright holders about premissions. They are so many and this will take a while. Copyright tags haven't been added yet because images are not categorized correctly, I want to add them with bot after categories corrected.

Archived