[book spoilers] fat Merman

Lord Manderly's Frey pies had better be in the show at some point.

[Edit] OMG I'm a hedge knight! When did that happen?

Although it would be awesome to show all the bannermen, all the details of each key scene, I have no problem with how HBO did it. They have only so much time and money, so I think they made the choice not to show all the bannermen at the RW.

I'm guessing they will retrospectively have it mentioned who was and wasn't killed in future episodes. Using dialogue to get these points across is a bit of a cop out, I know, but it's really the only practical way to do it.

The Ramsay wedding in S4? Seems a little soon. Definitely think they'll keep Davos/Manderly next season but I think Ramsay's wedding would be early S5 at the soonest.

Nah, I think they have to move the wedding to S4 to keep Ramsay and Roose on screen after their big debut as villains. However no way in seven hells am I letting D+D have the wedding without Manderly, :P that, plus the need to keep Davos on screen means all the Manderly stuff can be this season.

I think that Gendry will be freed next week, with Stannis and co. setting off for the Wall. There's not much need to keep it a secret so on the way Stannis can send Davos off with a ship to Whiteharbour to treat with Manderly.

Meanwhile we're introduced to Jeyne/whoever they're using for Fake!Arya and Manderly is at Winterfell in time for the wedding.

Protar, you keep thinking they are going to stick to the books and you will inevitably end up being disappointed time and time again.

I'm of the opinion that Theon's ADwD storyline is going to be completely different on the tv show. There probably won't even be a fake Arya/Jeyne Poole.

Protar, you keep thinking they are going to stick to the books and you will inevitably end up being disappointed time and time again.

I'm of the opinion that Theon's ADwD storyline is going to be completely different on the tv show. There probably won't even be a fake Arya/Jeyne Poole.

What basis are you making those assumptions on? Despite grating changes the show has stuck to the main plot so far. There's no reason to assume that they'll make such drastic changes to Theon's story, especially as Theon is clearly one of their favourite characters. What benefit is there to it? What alternative story are you suggesting?

What basis are you making those assumptions on? Despite grating changes the show has stuck to the main plot so far. There's no reason to assume that they'll make such drastic changes to Theon's story, especially as Theon is clearly one of their favourite characters. What benefit is there to it? What alternative story are you suggesting?

Well, at the least, they've got to do something with him next season other than keep him locked up and tortured. So there's certainly going to be some changes to his character arc.

Well, at the least, they've got to do something with him next season other than keep him locked up and tortured. So there's certainly going to be some changes to his character arc.

Or they do what I just said upthread and move some of ADWD material into S4, up until Jeyne's wedding to Ramsay. Keeps Theon busy, keeps Ramsay and Roose in the spot light and gives some hope of northern redemption with Manderly.

Or they do what I just said upthread and move some of ADWD material into S4, up until Jeyne's wedding to Ramsay. Keeps Theon busy, keeps Ramsay and Roose in the spot light and gives some hope of northern redemption with Manderly.

I don't think they'll bring Ramsay wedding to S4. I think he is going to torture Theon some more to complete his transformation to Reek and probably also use him to trick some Iron Islanders similar to the book. Then his wedding will happen in one of the early episodes of S5.

Crowded for time? It ended 7 minutes early.

And, started a few minutes late as well. It was about a 48 minute episode. They could have put it on regular tv and hardly missed a commercial. Of course there's no way that could even have been on regular cable. It had to be a pay-movie channel.

Maybe they couldn't get enough extras to play the key bannermen rolls. in the coming attaractions they do show all of Robbs camp being burned to a crisp and all of the northmen in the camps were executed..I think the unsullied got the idea that full scale massacre was at hand.....plus in the coming attractions we do see Tyrion mentioning that the North will not forget ..... I think they made up for the lack of bannermen in how savagely they killed preggers Talisa.

It's more like they didn't want to pay real actors to be glorified extras this season only to have real parts in seasons 4 & 5. Remember Roose Bolton in Season 1? Yeah, me neither. It's like going on and on about the Reeds not showing up at Winterfell in season 2- they're saving money. Also, if you start someone with a tiny part they're less likely to stick around for when you really need them.

It's not really about saving money so much as it is keeping a cap on the number of new characters they introduce at once. Unsullied, the poor dears, have a hard time keeping them all straight.

If I'm not mistaken, I think Manderly was in two scenes. There's the first scene when he's at the head dinner table of the reception and then there's the scene when Robb and Talisa are talking about the name of the child. I think Manderly is in the background talking to Black Walder. Could be mistaken. I was almost like they wanted to drop them into the background of that shot for a reason. Minutes later, Black Walder kills Talisa.

Archived