[Book Spoiler] As A Book Reader...

I hope the aftermath of this event will be treated as it should be in the show. Showing everyone how sacred the guest right is, is very important in my opinion.

Also the line "are u a corbray...or a frey?" (i dont remember the exact words but it went somehow like this) is a must have.

As many when they started to play Rains of Castemere and Cat looked towards the musicians, despite the fact that I knew what was coming, it really got to me. However the most shocking moment for me was Talisa stabbing. I didn't care much for the character but the scene was really hard to watch and if D&D aim was to shock even the readers with that scene, they really succeed. I just think that there were no need for her killing to be so cruel and gruesome.

I was having a real anxiety attack during every single scene they Freys were in... Reading the books and knowing it was coming definitely did not prepare me for that at all. I sobbed.

For me, it was Talisa being stabbed in the belly repeatedly and Grey Wind being shot while penned up... those broke me.

Horrifying.

I will say that I love the reactions of the Unsullied viewers because they are now feeling the shock we all went through when we read that scene. At the end, my Unsullied sister looked at me and said "I need to watch that again because I'm not sure of what just happened" which is exactly how I felt when I read it. I had to read it a few more times before it sunk in.

I am probably the only one, but when I went back and watched again, I was laughing my ass off when Talisa got stabbed. Something about the drive-by prison style shanking just cracked me up.

Whoever plays Walder Frey did a great job. The little looks on his face every time they would cut to him during the massacre were just priceless.

Cat's reaction to Rains sent a shiver up my spine.

And i have to say Talisa's death was the most harrowing part of the massacre. It really was brutal.

Hope Michelle Fairley gets some recognition, she was excellent.

I wish Grey Wind had chance to take a few Freys down. Seeing his eyes close was pretty heartbreaking though.

I am probably the only one, but when I went back and watched again, I was laughing my ass off when Talisa got stabbed. Something about the drive-by prison style shanking just cracked me up.

Whoever plays Walder Frey did a great job. The little looks on his face every time they would cut to him during the massacre were just priceless.

Yeah, a women being stabbed in her pregnant stomach was just hilarious.....

The brutality of Talisa getting stabbed was a shock for me. I expected her throat to be cut, but this was way worse. Robb had to watch her die.

Grey Wind/Arya did me in though. Of all the things I would have liked the show writers to change it would have been that Grey Wind lived. For a few seconds I thought that Arya might let him loose so he could at least wreak havoc before he died, maybe even escape. Instead we see him shot and his eye closing while Arya watched. It is about to make me cry now. It did not help that my dog was hit by a car earlier in the day. He just got a bump and was fine thank the gods, but I was a mess later because I could have lost my sweet guy.

Michelle Fairley totally rocked it though. Seeing her realize that things are going wrong, watching her slap the bejeezus out of Bolton, and then seeing her fear, desperation, and utter despair was just gut wrenching.

I hate Talisa, but I still don't enjoy seeing any pregnant woman being stabbed like that. However, Robb and Talisa bugged me right up into the end and I think the cheesiness was an all-time high for right up until the stabbing. And it was very contrived. Them talking about baby names literally a few minutes before she was killed and kissing and fondling each other right in front of Walder Frey (how inappropriate, by the way) was incredibly heavy-handed. It was hard to me to relate to anything past, "wow, the thought of a pregnant woman being stabbed like that is awful." And it kind of reminded me of a shanking prison shower scene the way she was being stabbed. It was a little over-the-top. I don't think it's the most brutal thing I've ever seen on tv (there are a lot of fucked up things in Oz), but it was definitely one of the most graphic in the last few years - maybe? I haven't seen Spartacus though.

Pretty much everything this.

I just feel that the WHOLE episode should've been about Robb/Cat and Arya/Sandor - the fact they did so much other stuff and made everythin Wedding related only about a third of the episode? God damn it HBO, ever hear of a little thing called BUILDUP?

Even though I hated it in the show due to the lack of secondary characters, not feeling realistic enough, feeling it was too obvious a trap, etc, etc, etc. I WILL say that I thought Michelle's acting was superb. Between her acting and all the unsullied's reactions to the wedding on Facebook/Twitter/Tumblr, it was worth it.

Talisa dying had no emotinoal impact on me whatsover, even with the SHES PREGNANT AND GOING TO NAME BABY EDDARD heart string pull thrown in there.

I never saw Talisa as anything but Oona Chaplin acting a poorly conceived character that didn't belong in the series to begin with, she was never able to get the suspension of disbelief level.

Pretty much everything this.

I just feel that the WHOLE episode should've been about Robb/Cat and Arya/Sandor - the fact they did so much other stuff and made everythin Wedding related only about a third of the episode? God damn it HBO, ever hear of a little thing called BUILDUP?

Even though I hated it in the show due to the lack of secondary characters, not feeling realistic enough, feeling it was too obvious a trap, etc, etc, etc. I WILL say that I thought Michelle's acting was superb. Between her acting and all the unsullied's reactions to the wedding on Facebook/Twitter/Tumblr, it was worth it.

Agreed. Some people act like if there was any sense of foreboding than everyone would have seen it coming and there would be no "shock factor" and it would blow, which I think is total BS. A good television show can be filled with symbolism representing upcoming doom in that very episode without giving away what's going to happen. Boardwalk Empire, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, and especially The Sopranos are absolute masters of this - building up all of this tension and giving you a feeling of uneasiness while keeping you guessing exactly why you're feeling that way, and then totally blowing your mind in the end. The Sopranos did it often and very rarely was I able to guess what was coming. It's obvious D&D was going more for the "shock factor" because they went from OMG YAY WE'RE GONNA HAVE A BABY NAMED NED LOOK HOW PREGNANT I AM AND HAPPY to OMG WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE like a light switch.

when the rains of castamere started playing, i started shaking

i projectile vomited all over the tv, then fell on the ground and curled up into a little ball rocking back and forth, frothing at the mouth.

I think that scene was just as shocking to readers since we didn't know which direction they'd be taking

her character... The whole, is she a spy, is it real love.. etcetc.

I have no emotional attachment to Talisa but that moment stuck with me due to the sheer brutality. That, and Robb's silence.

Talisa's death was fitting for such a hated character. It's as if the writers knew most of us don't like her all too much.

Talisa and Ros both are gone, and both in graphic ways. I guess D and D knew we didn't like their, "creations" very much.

Talisa dying had no emotinoal impact on me whatsover, even with the SHES PREGNANT AND GOING TO NAME BABY EDDARD heart string pull thrown in there.

I never saw Talisa as anything but Oona Chaplin acting a poorly conceived character that didn't belong in the series to begin with, she was never able to get the suspension of disbelief level.

I agree with that as well. She added some nudity and a cute face. But I never felt a real connection to her, I thought her death was over the top but the entire RW was over the top that is why so many folks complained to GRRM about it.

Archived