Roose Bolton in TRoC (book spoilers)

Roose of the books is weasely, soft spoken and has beady eyes and wormy lips.

Excuse me? Our Lord is not "beady-eyed", and definitely not "weaselly". You must be confusing him with the Freys. Read the books again, because our Warden of the North is physically described a lot. I will overlook this insulting post, because it amuses me, but type that shit again and the offending fingers will be flayed. B)

On a more serious note, Roose should be pictured more as "polite and mild-mannered suburban dad who is secretly a serial killer" than as "ugly and wormy politician who is obviously a slimeball." He looks and acts very normal (his looks are described as boringly bland), with only a few signs of his real nature - think of Kevin Spacey in Se7en rather than Gordon Gekko.

On a more serious note, Roose should be pictured more as "polite and mild-mannered suburban dad who is secretly a serial killer" than as "ugly and wormy politician who is obviously a slimeball." He looks and acts very normal (his looks are described as boringly bland), with only a few signs of his real nature - think of Kevin Spacey in Se7en rather than Gordon Gekko.

Good comparison, but I pictured Roose to be closer to Breaking Bad's Gustavo Fring than anybody else. Seemingly normal and unassuming, but possessing a visibly cold and threatening exterior at the same time.

I shall watch this.

Watch and enjoy brother. You might see a familiar face whilst you do.

Good comparison, but I pictured Roose to be closer than Breaking Bad's Gustavo Fring than anybody else. Seemingly normal and unassuming, but possessing a visibly cold and threatening exterior at the same time.

TV Roose does seem very much like Gustavo in character and manner. He a coldblooded killa.

He certainly bolted out of the way quickly. You could even say he got his bolt on... Alright, terrible puns aside.

It's all about the direction. While I agree he was bailing away from the oncoming crossbow fire, him running in that certain direction helped the flow of the scene.

> He runs to his right, drawing the audiences eyes to Talisa/Lame Lothar

> Talisa is stabbed from behind

> cut to Robb's reaction and him getting hit by bolts

> cut to army's reaction/general slaughter.

he was BOLTEN outa there!

• 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Excellent portrayal acting wise, but he doesn't look anything like how Roose is described in the novel. My only complaint about the entire scene is that I wish the part where Roose mumbles under his breath before excusing himself initially was acted out as well. When I had read through it the first time in the book, my initial reaction "wait, what??", the only thing that suggested I actually read what I read was thinking back to Roose's odd behavior right before the killing began.

Archived