[Spoilers] Osha & Rickon Adventure?

Do you think Osha n Rickon will take the long way to Last Hearth? The Umbers and other northerners knowing the boys are alive will change everything that happens in the last two books. Do you think their journey will be like Frodo & Sam's, a round around journey that keeps getting delayed by the world?

Do you think Osha n Rickon will take the long way to Last Hearth? The Umbers and other northerners knowing the boys are alive will change everything that happens in the last two books. Do you think their journey will be like Frodo & Sam's, a round around journey that keeps getting delayed by the world?

It is a bit weird what I assume will happen is they will somehow hear about the wedding (maybe from a mountain clanner like Bran meets in the books), and realise it's too dangerous to go to the Umbers, and then go to Skagos as we assume happened in the books.

yeah well I think the word of the RW will pspread pretty quick, they could easily encounter someone on the road on in a tavern or simply over hear it some how, its a pretty big deal not just what happened to the people but the fact they were under the protections of guest rights, IIRC quite a few of the small folk and lords alike talk about it in the presents on POV characters after everything goes down, so its safe to assume its pretty wide spread news

A Ramsey hunt would spice up his adventure no end- Rickon leaving Last Hearth just as Ramsey gets there etc. The actor playing Rickon brought tears to my eyes in the last episode- he really tugs on the heart strings. Could you get any more thrilling than a pyscho killer aided by a turncloak broken traitor, hot on the trail of a cute little boy with noone but Osha and Shaggydog to protect him?

After the RW, I think people may well fear for Rickon's safety should Ramsey follow through with what he has already hinted at.

If I had a screaming kid with me, I would have told him we were going to the Umbers as well, in stead of an island full of Cannibals, regardless of my eventual destination.

That's how you deal with crying children, you lie to them.

Thinking we won't see much of them in the next two seasons. We may get a scene two to three times per season just to remind us they exist.

And yet, despite the length of AFFC and ADWD, not an awful lot actually happens, or really translates well to TV

There is only so much mileage you can get out of Brienne endlessly repeating "I'm looking for a girl..." Arya street-walking and name dropping whore-houses in Braavos, Jamie reading the Kingsguard book, or Cercei plotting for chapter after chapter before a desperate thriller man-hunt through the north with Ramsey and Rickon starts to sound appealing. It would would spice the show up no end, and parallel with Brienne's hunt for Sansa quite nicely. It would also give Theon and Ramsey something to do. The show clearly likes using them and felt it necessary to develop Ramsey now rather than introduce him in later series.

what if, and hear me out, they get to the umbers, as a way to reintroduce the Great John. It would take some work to make it fit, but they get there, he tells them what happens and keeps them hidden knowing that the north is kind of fucked up, Then when stannis arrives, and davos goes to manderley you find out that the Umber and the Manderley's have been working on a plot to destroy the boltons, and that they have the last heir to winterfell.

Even if they go to Last Hearth, there has to be some knowledge by Manderly doesn't there. I mean, sending Davos to the Umbers to retrieve Rickon, why couldn't he just send someone else. It's Davos' seafaring abilities that make getting to Skagos helpful. And, wouldn't Stannis already run into Crowfood Umber who joins his host.

Doesn't make sense without a lot of gymnastics.

I think the folly of the Ramsay/Theon scenes this season is enough proof that the show writers attempting to write storylines that appear 'off-page', as it were, should be advised against.

Even if that means losing a potentially awesome acting duo of Natalia Tena and Art Parkinson.

"Rickon and Osha Adventures in the North" could really spice up season 4, but I think the issue will be how long they can shoot with the actor who plays Rickon due child labour laws wherever they are shooting. I hope they include them, though. The next two seasons need more action

Given the small amount of time that's already been given the Bran story line, I'm not too hopeful that we'll get to track Rickon/Osha as well as Bran/Jojen/Meera in future episodes, but I would love nothing better. I remember hearing during the first season that the writers liked the very positive fan reaction to Osha so they were going to write her into more scenes than were in the book, which they've done, so that gives me a small ray of hope. Plus, as I mentioned in another thread, I'm hoping that with all the Stark fans out there the writers will give us more of the Starks we do have left.

And yet, despite the length of AFFC and ADWD, not an awful lot actually happens, or really translates well to TV a desperate thriller man-hunt through the north with Ramsey and Rickon starts to sound appealing. It would would spice the show up no end, and parallel with Brienne's hunt for Sansa quite nicely. It would also give Theon and Ramsey something to do. The show clearly likes using them and felt it necessary to develop Ramsey now rather than introduce him in later series.

I agree apart from Dany trying to win meereen and Jon with the wildling there's not much action most of the characters are in one place so it would be good (bad for rick & osha) but more interesting to have that hunt ramsay mentioned in earlier episode.

I really think we might see the Greatjon again. They got a lot of grief not bringing him back. Plus we need a strong and recognizable Northman to get behind.

The only northerner that seems familiar is the greatjon and hopefully the reason they mentioned last hearth would be to bring back the greatjon. The guy had his ear bitten of right? Hopefully there's nothing else wrong with him and he can come back.

Given the small amount of time that's already been given the Bran story line, I'm not too hopeful that we'll get to track Rickon/Osha as well as Bran/Jojen/Meera in future episodes, but I would love nothing better. I remember hearing during the first season that the writers liked the very positive fan reaction to Osha so they were going to write her into more scenes than were in the book, which they've done, so that gives me a small ray of hope. Plus, as I mentioned in another thread, I'm hoping that with all the Stark fans out there the writers will give us more of the Starks we do have left.

I think even tho there are important POV characters the whole story starts and ends with bran and he's the most important character to this story, they didnt do a great job with the stark storyline but hopefully now that they can't ruin cat n robb anymore they can focus on bran and since the writers and even George really like the actress playing Osha that translates to more screen time ( worked for Ros n osha is so much better). After the last episode people (especially show only fans) need to see the other Starks survive, and unlike the books you don't wanna wonder where rickon is or even if he's alive.

I really like the idea of Ramsay being sent on a mission to hunt down and kill Rickon. Remember the Boltons are the only Northern family that is aware that the Stark boys are still alive. It would not be out of character for Roose to send his bastard to hunt them down to tie up loose ends. It would also give Ramsay and Reek (Theon) something to do for a season before the events of ADWD takes place.

Tena, Alfie, Iwan and Art are too good in their roles to have them wasted for 1-2 seasons.

A manhunt for Rickon actually doesn't seem to bad, no clue how they would go about introducing it though. maybe Roose will meet Ramsay. It'll come up and Roose will send him on it.

That would be awsome, rickon being chased all over the north and they can show actual stark loyalty.

I wonder since they didnt use Stannis trying besieging storms end to get to Edric they might use that story for rickon at last hearth.

Don't forget - there was never any mention of Osha. She may well not be alive anymore, and Rickon and Shaggydog are fending for themselves. I think it's probable that something happened to them, and Rickon escaped and found himself with the Cannibals. Likely in good company given he's pretty wild by then.

Archived