[Spoilers] Osha & Rickon Adventure?

Oh my god i dont wanna imagine baby rickon fending for himself, i think osha's touch she'll live (hopefully)

I never understood why ppl say he's wild iirc he was 3-4 yrs old beginning of GoT its too soon to tell what hell be like, i personally think he'll be more like ned quiet and doesn't want to discus the past after everything he goes thru at a young age. someone said in another post he might be a greenseers too since both he and bran dreamed their father in the crypts and he just doesn't understand and his wolf is just reflecting his confusion and angry tantrums.

They are not supposed to show where they are, or it will be a major spoiler for the next books

Osha and Rickon needs to disappear

in the books they disappeared since the end of ACOK

Wex Pyke tell Davos and the Lords in White Harbor that Rickon and Osha are in some canibbal place

IMO it's Skagos

They are not supposed to show where they are, or it will be a major spoiler for the next books

To be honest I really hope the show doesn't care about that: they'll be entering major book-spoiler territory in Season 5 for sure, and quite probably in Season 4. If it best serves the purposes of the TV show, then show it. If the TV show wants to keep it a secret, then great, but I can easily see them adding a storyline. A Rickon chase does make sense as something for Ramsey & Reek to do, but I'm also wondering how much they can speed up events in the north - and for that matter, almost everywhere else.

Don't forget - there was never any mention of Osha. She may well not be alive anymore, and Rickon and Shaggydog are fending for themselves. I think it's probable that something happened to them, and Rickon escaped and found himself with the Cannibals. Likely in good company given he's pretty wild by then.

I may be mis-remembering but did GRRM not say that he has liked Osha so much in the show that he plans to write more for her in the books.

To be honest I really hope the show doesn't care about that: they'll be entering major book-spoiler territory in Season 5 for sure, and quite probably in Season 4. If it best serves the purposes of the TV show, then show it. If the TV show wants to keep it a secret, then great, but I can easily see them adding a storyline. A Rickon chase does make sense as something for Ramsey & Reek to do, but I'm also wondering how much they can speed up events in the north - and for that matter, almost everywhere else.

Well, IMO it'll be really bad for people who are waiting for TWOW. I hope Martin says a big no, so they can hide Rickon and Osha for sometime

A Ramsey hunt would spice up his adventure no end- Rickon leaving Last Hearth just as Ramsey gets there etc. The actor playing Rickon brought tears to my eyes in the last episode- he really tugs on the heart strings. Could you get any more thrilling than a pyscho killer aided by a turncloak broken traitor, hot on the trail of a cute little boy with noone but Osha and Shaggydog to protect him?

After the RW, I think people may well fear for Rickon's safety should Ramsey follow through with what he has already hinted at.

Agreed. This show has very few -- if any -- "throwaway" lines. As you said, Ramsay's already mentioned hunting them down, and Osha talked about having "some adventures." Seemed like two fairly innocuous comments, but they moved the needle on the foreshadowing meter for me.

Plus, we know R + O are not going to end up in Last Hearth, so D&D need to concoct some motivation for them having to resort to fleeing to Skagos.

Agreed. This show has very few -- if any -- "throwaway" lines. As you said, Ramsay's already mentioned hunting them down, and Osha talked about having "some adventures." Seemed like two fairly innocuous comments, but they moved the needle on the foreshadowing meter for me.

Plus, we know R + O are not going to end up in Last Hearth, so D&D need to concoct some motivation for them having to resort to fleeing to Skagos.

I agree, the Ramsay line about hunting Bran and Rickon and Osha's line about having some adventures both made my foreshadowing senses tingle. I personally would love to watch Rickon and Osha being hunted by Ramsay. It would give a reason to keep R + O in the show and give Ramsay and Theon something to do other than more torture scenes. That's a win all around I think.

...I personally would love to watch Rickon and Osha being hunted by Ramsay. It would give a reason to keep R + O in the show and give Ramsay and Theon something to do other than more torture scenes. That's a win all around I think.

Could not agree more, Lizziebeth.

Ramsay is a very good hunter, at least in the books - where he's releasing his prisoners or letting them escape and then hunting them down. Don't you think if he would start hunting Osha and Rickon he would capture them?

Also The Dreadfort is quite far away from Osha's nad Rickon position and he would have to be far away from his home to hunt them down + how would he know where they even are, nobody knows where they are?

I agree, the Ramsay line about hunting Bran and Rickon and Osha's line about having some adventures both made my foreshadowing senses tingle. I personally would love to watch Rickon and Osha being hunted by Ramsay. It would give a reason to keep R + O in the show and give Ramsay and Theon something to do other than more torture scenes. That's a win all around I think.

With Rickon and Osha on their own now and if their storyline continues as a northern adventure, perhaps some of the book characters that weren't included in the TV series so far will be introduced. They may encounter "The Liddle", and he may provide news as to what's happening throughout the kingdom.Just as in the book, "The Liddle" informed Bran& Co. as to those that were hunting for them, he could inform Osha and Rickon instead. As a member of the Mountain Clan and living in Stark territory, he may have some connection to the Stark's and want to have their line continue. The TV writers could include him in Osha's and Rickon's journey.

Thinking we won't see much of them in the next two seasons. We may get a scene two to three times per season just to remind us they exist.

Well i'm not so sure about this. Tommen is going to be King next season and how many times have we seen him this season? 0 times.

EDIT (very off topic i know):

hahaha I went to do a youtube search to make sure my statement above is true and stumbled onto this:

A song about Tommen and his kittens:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI6_0O9fx7U

:rofl:

Well, to be fair, the actor playing Tommen is a little kid who likely doesn't get a lot of work. That's a far cry from someone like Natalia Tena who, if they don't keep her on, may very well find herself in a new job that'll keep her from coming back. So IMO they're going to have to have some kind of Osha/Rickon plot thread going in order to keep her on (Which, IMO, would be a good thing. Like other posters, I'd like to see more of the north. And damn it, Osha IS pretty awesome, and I'd love to see more of her).

^ I don't know if the too many plots things is going to be as big a deal next year. I feel like next year will be on of the easiest to film since season one since more of the characters are static. Jon stays at the wall (merge of Sam and Jon), Dany stays in Mereen, Half the cast stay at KL (merge of Jaimie and KL plots). And the Kingsmoot (new plot). Only mobile plots shouls be arya (basically continuation of Brotherhood plot), stannis (single plot as opposed to the three plots of stannis /Mel/davos that we got this year), Bran (possible split of Bran and Rickon plots), and Theon (possible merge with Bran or rickon plot). Robb plot is gone. I feel like that will be much easier to manage.

I may be mis-remembering but did GRRM not say that he has liked Osha so much in the show that he plans to write more for her in the books.

George said it more than once. He was blown away by Natalia Tena , who , even in real life seems more of a Wilding than the Wildlings! He wants to keep her as a character.

I have a feeling this is one of the things Dave, Dan and Bryan discussed with GRRM in Santa Fe.

George , says, or it is said...., that is 'somewhat' along on novel six, whatever the hell that means.

So , my guess is that we will indeed see Natalia next season and finally get the story as to why they went to Skagos, which so far George has not explained in the story.

It may be that they ran into the dangers of all the mayhem south of them, and didn't she say she came around the wall by sea at Eastwatch?

She then would have known about Skagos.

I can't see this being an adventure that will be dwelled upon , but GRRM left it off page for so long now maybe Rickon's story needs telling.

Archived