[Spoilers] Osha & Rickon Adventure?

To be honest I really hope the show doesn't care about that: they'll be entering major book-spoiler territory in Season 5 for sure, and quite probably in Season 4. If it best serves the purposes of the TV show, then show it. If the TV show wants to keep it a secret, then great, but I can easily see them adding a storyline. A Rickon chase does make sense as something for Ramsey & Reek to do, but I'm also wondering how much they can speed up events in the north - and for that matter, almost everywhere else.

I agree, they can show the journey and being hunted down without revealing anything. They already said where they were headed so its no spoiler, plus if they want to send them elsewhere (skagos) viewers haven't heard about it and they need to show why the northerners don't know where rickon is and why he didnt make it to last hearth was because he was being hunted by roose Bolton's crazy son. If the northerner have rickon save then stannis won't be offering Jon winterfell (since there is no will) they need to include that for jons arc and too much else depends on ppl thinking thinking sansa is the heir.

Ramsay is a very good hunter, at least in the books - where he's releasing his prisoners or letting them escape and then hunting them down. Don't you think if he would start hunting Osha and Rickon he would capture them?

Also The Dreadfort is quite far away from Osha's nad Rickon position and he would have to be far away from his home to hunt them down + how would he know where they even are, nobody knows where they are?

I think ramsay could be overestimating his hunting abilities, he caught theon cause he told him where to go in the show and even in the books it's not hard to find fresh tracks of barefoot, naked prisoners especially when the dogs have their cent.

its a nice thought but both the book and tv show are supposed to be stopping it getting any bigger and cutting material and plots, making up a whole new chapter of osha and rickons adventures would require allowing it to grow some more and take up valuable budget and screen time

its a nice thought but both the book and tv show are supposed to be stopping it getting any bigger and cutting material and plots, making up a whole new chapter of osha and rickons adventures would require allowing it to grow some more and take up valuable budget and screen time

I think if they are going to have rickon be at Last Hearth from the get go then it's not nessessary to show their journey. But if they never make it to LH they need to show why, beside both George and D&D like Natalie and she's more interesting than Ros (which they put more cause they liked her) and Ramsay and theon aren't even suppose to be in this season or next. Plus apart from the PW, most of the characters are in one spot, it would be nice to have a Lil side journey, IMO anyways.

I think if they are going to have rickon be at Last Hearth from the get go then it's not nessessary to show their journey. But if they never make it to LH they need to show why, beside both George and D&D like Natalie and she's more interesting than Ros (which they put more cause they liked her) and Ramsay and theon aren't even suppose to be in this season or next. Plus apart from the PW, most of the characters are in one spot, it would be nice to have a Lil side journey, IMO anyways.

dont get me wrong i would like to see it but it goes against the scaling down process so unless its completely neccesary i can't see it happening, maybe not in this series anyway, when they do catch up with them they can explain why they ended up in skagos through a conversation between them and davos

Iwan, Tena and Parkison are all on cast. They can easily shoot chase/hunt scenes and a departure for Skagos in a week or two, and sprinkle it on over the course of the season. Hell, if they did it correctly, they'd only need a few extras and maybe one speaking extra for a day or so (to represent Last Hearth).

It is definitely possible without consuming large amounts of budgets. They need something to do in Season 4.

dont get me wrong i would like to see it but it goes against the scaling down process so unless its completely neccesary i can't see it happening, maybe not in this series anyway, when they do catch up with them they can explain why they ended up in skagos through a conversation between them and davos

I get what you're saying, its not necessary especially if it cuts into the story and takes away precious time like Ross's pointless appearances ill be the first to complain. It would be nice to show them couple of times here and there thru the next couple of seasons.

It is definitely possible without consuming large amounts of budgets. They need something to do in Season 4.

Even though I wouldn't mind following Rickon & Osha through the North to Skaagos, one thing that is likely to impact on their storyline is Shaggydog.... We haven't seen many direwolves in the recent past and surely every one of their new scenes couldn't include the lines:

Osha: "Where's that direwolf of yours?"

Rickon: "He's off hunting on his own"

Osha: "Again?"

Rickon: "Again..."

What about the possibility of Osha and Rickon's journey being a piece of exposition on a) Northern resentment of the Boltons/Freys, B) the effects of the Ironborn invasions, and c) an introduction to the hill clans? This keeps these two with interesting scenes and helps set things up for the Winterfell Wedding and Stannis's attacks.

Although this means they are fulfilling the same part that Ros played and since everyone here hated her they'll likely hate this story line idea too. (Ros was meant to expose bits about other character's motivations and fill in plot blanks)

What about the possibility of Osha and Rickon's journey being a piece of exposition on a) Northern resentment of the Boltons/Freys, B) the effects of the Ironborn invasions, and c) an introduction to the hill clans? This keeps these two with interesting scenes and helps set things up for the Winterfell Wedding and Stannis's attacks.

Although this means they are fulfilling the same part that Ros played and since everyone here hated her they'll likely hate this story line idea too. (Ros was meant to expose bits about other character's motivations and fill in plot blanks)

I am completely on board with using Rickon and Osha to get that exposition done. It just makes sense and as someone else mentioned earlier in the thread, we'll have less storylines to follow now so it shouldn't hurt anyone else's story to add this in. Plus even short intros to Northern characters we've been missing would be a nice nod to the readers.

As for people hating it because they hated Ros, who was used in a similar fashion, I don't think that people will be as hateful about this. I didn't hate Ros for the exposition she provided. I hated her because she was Ros the Wonder Whore who was apparently one of the only whores around and thus was part of EVERYTHING. I was rewatching season one yesterday and the story about Jon refusing to sleep with a whore... did it REALLY need to be Ros? That was the kind of thing that made us hate her. Rickon however is one of the few remaining Starks and after the RW especially, the Stark fans need someone to rally behind. Bran's heading off to beyond the wall, Arya's going to be sailing for Braavos soon (hopefully by the end of season 4), little Rickon will be all we have left.

And as for the Ramsay hunting bit, I really want that to happen. A bit of action and suspense will be good. I actually really hope that Ramsay manages to capture them for a short time and Theon helps them escape. I feel like that would be a pretty powerful moment for Theon's character too as well as a little bit of redemption for him.

I think they've set up a number of ways for Osha and Rickon to be included next year, chiefly, as many have pointed out, through Ramsay. He could easily follow Shaggy's paw prints.

I would like it if they told a Rickon story. I can't imagine that NOTHING happened on the way to Skagos. Especially since they're going to the Umber's now.

TV Osha is tough as nails and I would enjoy seeing her do her thing in S4 and beyond!

Even though I wouldn't mind following Rickon & Osha through the North to Skaagos, one thing that is likely to impact on their storyline is Shaggydog.... We haven't seen many direwolves in the recent past and surely every one of their new scenes couldn't include the lines:

Osha: "Where's that direwolf of yours?"

Rickon: "He's off hunting on his own"

Osha: "Again?"

Rickon: "Again..."

Well they have some extra cash now that a few dozen ppl were killed off, plus Ross's pay alone should cover a season or two.

I think the Ramsey hunt is bound to happen, he pretty much told us so.

I really hope they don't disappear for two years. Personally I would welcome minor spoilers that may have to creep in as a result.

I think they've set up a number of ways for Osha and Rickon to be included next year, chiefly, as many have pointed out, through Ramsay. He could easily follow Shaggy's paw prints.

I would like it if they told a Rickon story. I can't imagine that NOTHING happened on the way to Skagos. Especially since they're going to the Umber's now.

TV Osha is tough as nails and I would enjoy seeing her do her thing in S4 and beyond!

That's the main reason I think they will include Osha n Rickon (at least I hope so) the change of destination and have Ramsay hunt them down like he said after they introduce him properly next episode. Maybe even roose will tell him to find and kill those boys cause he didnt betray and kill Robb only for bran n rickon to turn up and threaten his new position.

Since they are too far apart I don't think he'll find them by shaggy's paw print, tracks don't last forever, hes never seen a direwolf and im sure there are other wolves in the north. They could show the norths loyalty to house stark by ppl aiding them on the way only to have Ramsay follow and torture, kill and maim to get their whereabouts. Two birds one stone, we see Rickon's journey and how sick Ramsay is.

Has anyone predicted that Osha will be captured and be the fake Arya yet? If not I figure it would only be a matter of time anyway so there you go.

If the actress playing Old Nan hadn't died from old age in the first season, I predict we would have found people claiming she would be the fake Arya in coming seasons.

• 1 month later...

Archived