Numbers/Books Wanted List ASOIAF Limited Editions

becca69

You've found the dictionary picture for the word optimism....wow.

There are two explanations as I see it: (1) an uninformed / highly optimistic seller, or (2) someone who has confused the going rate(ish) of lettered sets with numbered sets.

Either way, best of luck to him or her.

I noticed someone was selling one of those B&N slipcased AGoT reissues with a starting bid of $500, even though that same book can be bought for as low as $10. Also saw a signed AGoT 1st US printing with a buy it now of $1,999!!!

Some people have really, really unrealistic expectations or are just waiting for a sucker.

Selling my full matching numbered set with future rights (and the bookmarks and chapbooks):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271338446141?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Decided I didn't need lettered and numbered sets. :) I was going to wait until the TV series came back but I decided to see if the holiday shopping season is a good time to sell too.

I'm looking for a Dance with Dragons, numbered or lettered. I didn't have enough money to continue my set at the time it came out. Not that I really do now either, but hey.

Speaking of money, I'm selling my 1st UK prints of AGOT, COK, and ASOS. Agot is flatsigned. I'm listing it on ebay now. How much do they sell for nowadays anyway?

I'm looking for a Dance with Dragons, numbered or lettered. I didn't have enough money to continue my set at the time it came out. Not that I really do now either, but hey.

Speaking of money, I'm selling my 1st UK prints of AGOT, COK, and ASOS. Agot is flatsigned. I'm listing it on ebay now. How much do they sell for nowadays anyway?

Value all depends on the condition of your books. If they are Fine/Near Fine the price will be much higher. Best thing is to do a bit of research online to see what others are selling/listed for (On Ebay, Abebooks, Biblio, etc). I find it's best to price a little lower than what's out there so you have a better chance at more bidders.

Wondering where this person came up with this extremely bloated value?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121220024359?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Back again! Apparently $12,500 was too much… went with $9,500 this time. I mean seriously, what is this person thinking?! There's 2 complete numbered sets on eBay right now for thousands cheaper! I could see if it was for charity, but…

I think realistically he should be listing that for maybe $3,500. I honestly don't know how much the numbered AGoT goes for alone but I'm guessing around $1,500? Then the signed US 1st of AGoT which appears to be in mint condition is around $1,000 (on the high side because of condition), ASoS US 1st maybe $250 for a signed copy. Not really sure about the rest, but I've seen them all sell on eBay for anywhere from $50-200/each.

I'm just hoping that when I earn my millions some of those numbered/lettered sets will still be on the market for me to buy. :)

Edited by Ser Jake

yeah, that guy is whacked out in his optimism...but maybe someone will pay it?!

Mmmm, the solo MM AGoT reached a "sane price" high of $2000 IIRC. I don't know what the high is...that might be me. I paid $2500 to complete a set which I acquired from these boards for a reasonable price. I further off set my cost (not an investment, I actually read the books ....<<aghast looks everywehre>>) by selling my other ADWD and future rights for ~$500 profit.

Becca has good points relative to valuation...if you plan to sell on your set, better to keep in pristine condition

Hi All,

I posted about my lettered set earlier in the year but didn't really follow up, been a busy year =). Anyway I thought I'd put it out there again in the forums:

For sale:

Complete lettered set 'F' of the MM/SubPress books, comes with bookmarks and other extras which came with the books, as well as all future rights to letter 'F' in the series.

I've placed an order and paid for letter 'F' of Subterranean's 'Clash of Kings', that's included as well.

Books are in pristine condition, as delivered. I've only opened them a couple of times to take pictures of them.

Since the two $15k sales of lettered sets last year, the set has grown by 'A Dance of Dragons' and of course the order for the SubPress 'ACoK'. I think a fair price to ask for is $17k (not including shipping costs).

Please send a private message if any interest. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Hullo all,

Long-time lurker here. Sadly, I'm posting to sell the following, which hopefully will go towards completing somebody's set:

• MM ACoK #72
  • SubPress ASoS #72

Books in mint condition, never read, only occasionally opened. Obviously with the slipcases, and includes the 6 bookmarks (2 signed by GRRM and Charles Vess).

PM me if interested. Thanks!