Numbers/Books Wanted List ASOIAF Limited Editions

becca69

As the saying goes, they're worth what people are willing to part with them for and what people are willing to pay. Having said that 6000+ for a set with no MM's seems high, and that same set for 2000 seems low. Full sets with the MM's I thought were consistently selling between $5500-7000.

But, the market is fickle...

Got my lettered copy of AGoT Subpress today. Lettereds shipped first this time.

The lettered is supposed to have an extra full-color piece, like the last two books were supposed to but didn't. But hey, maybe the third time's the charm. Here are the 4 color interior illustrations in the lettered:

Vol. 1, after page 192: Fold-out color illustration of Bran and his direwolf

Vol. 1, after page 494: Fold-out color illustration of the Vale of Arryn

Vol. 2, after page 296: single-page color illustration of Catelyn meeting with Walder Frey

Vol. 2, after page 472: single-page color illustration of Riverrun

Yes, Subpress only set for $6000 is way too high. There may have been one set sold at that price. Would say with MM would go for around that. Agree completely with GypsyDRB.

Practically all of your posts are focused on how $6,000 is "way too high" for a Sub Press Set. Setting aside any suspicions about your motives, I respectfully disagree. Multiple sets sold for around that before GoT was even released.

Now that Sub Press is an internally consistent set with the addition of GoT, I see no reason why it shouldn't be higher than $6,000. But, as has been mentioned before, it's all about what the market will bear. If a buyer is out there and wants a SubPress set, they'll pay a price they feel is fair. A little research and perusing on this board will reveal that, while there is some disagreement, everyone agrees that somewhere in the 5s to 7s is certainly fair.

Yes, I do generally respond when I see the topic mentioning Sub Press set only go for $6000 and over. The only set I have seen go for that much is yours, Evogeler. If there are others, I would like to know and maybe get the reference if available. I generally tend to agree with what some others have said that usually its with the Meisha Merlin that goes for slightly over that amount. Though I haven't seen a full set including the MMs go for sale recently, slightly over a year ago, there were sets going for $5000 - $5500. Maybe higher now with the SP GOT. As indicated by a few others, including yourself, the sets are worth what someone is willing to pay. I just don't think that saying the SP set are worth more than $6000 because it sold for that amount, once. I did see a set with MMs go for less than that amount on Ebay less than a year ago, but they sold it separately (MMs separately with the SP set separately - eventually won by the same bidder). Again as someone mentioned a couple of months ago, there is a full numbered set on sale for $12,000 on Abebooks. But just because someone purchases it for that amount, it doesn't make sense to say that that is what the sets are worth. Someone in this forum asked for what the SP sets are worth a couple of months ago, and put that price on Ebay, and it didn't sell. It was put up for sale at $8000 based on advice here.

Edited by roopeshjoshi

i think the nature of these debates usually falls between people who have the sets and people who don't have the sets, which makes obvious sense, as each person wants the value to be high and low respectively, so we forget about what people think it's worth and go solely based on what it regularly sells for as our only real measure.

Edited by HappyTimes