Numbers/Books Wanted List ASOIAF Limited Editions

becca69

i think the nature of these debates usually falls between people who have the sets and people who don't have the sets, which makes obvious sense, as each person wants the value to be high and low respectively, so we forget about what people think it's worth and go solely based on what it regularly sells for as our only real measure.

Confirmation bias at its finest. ;)

I agree with Happy Times that the debate is between those who have the full SP sets and those who don't, but I feel for me it is with those who have the full MM+SP set. I don't think the value of the SP only set is as much. If you get $6000 for the SP set, then you should sell, since it's a bargain (for the seller). Again, it's the MM+SP - that's the cream but would be interested to see how much they go for. I haven't seen them go for over $5500 yet, but that was over a year ago; and one that was sold less than 6 months ago, but they were sold as SP sets separately and MM (2 books) separately.

When the holders who have start saying the SP sets are worth so much, I'll probably continue to say they aren't. We'll have to see how much they go for when we see a set go for sale.

Like I said, I thought it wasn't good advice for the guy who tried to sell for $8000 based on advice from here.

The price ranges for these books are so diverse, it's impossible to fix a certain price and we can only speculate. The range for SP now seems to be (from verified sales) $2000 for a broken set consisting of Clash, Feast, Dance and rights to Games (see above) to $6000 for a complete set that evogeler sold. The $8000 on ebay didn't sell.

It also seems that there are interests on both sides (owners of the books and potential buyers) to boost or to down-talk the price.

As the owner of SP Clash und soon Games with no interest to sell I consider myself belonging to neither party. :cool4:

I am afraid though that prices will drop drastically when the HBO show has run its course and public interest has started to wane.

Agree with all of the above, though the length of time until the show ends could be a long time, if they finish with movie or movies. Definitely gonna be more than 7 seasons. And HBO's looking at developing more George Martin tv shows, which could be one of his Sci Fi works, but could be another Ice and Fire series. Lots to speculate about, an exciting future!

Hello Everyone.

This is my first post here but to give a little background, I had mentioned on another forum that I have a AGOT and ACOK (SP) set that I am looking to sell. Becca69 suggested that I post the set here so you could all take a look at it.

A little background. I really enjoy fantasy books. The latest book I read was Providence of Fire by Brian Staveley (just finished it last night and I recommend his Unhewn Throne series). I first read the ASOIF series about 6 years ago and loved it. I am also very pleased with the show so far and I like that it is going to (has already) take a different direction that the books. I mostly collecting Fantasy and Stephen King books. My collection is fairly modest with a couple of grail books. I really enjoy going to cons and signings and meeting the authors and getting signatures in person. I also really fancy a nice remarque in a book.

I've been over in a Stephen King forum for awhile and have made many successful transactions. I have a very positive seller transactions over there.

Well as to the books. They are a matching set of #23 and they have only been taken out for picture purposes. I do have the chapbook for AGOT as well. I do not have rights to the future books. I'm asking $1300 for the set. Feel free to send me a message if you have any questions at all and thanks. I'm going to go pop into the show section now and put my two cents in :)

Thanks,

Aron

Hello Everybody,

just wanted to add my search for ASOIAF S/L Editions with the #208 -

I own AGOT and ACOK, and would love to own the other three with the matching #

If you own them, and do not want to sell them, i would be happy to know that also- so that i can stop my search ;D

Let mw know!
All the best,

Priest

Edited by Priest

Hello everyone!.

I am new to collecting ASOIAF. I own the SP signed limited GOT and ACOK #33.

Looking for all other Subpress #33.

Also looking for a complete set of SP, ASOIAF books. Please add me to the numbers wanted list. Many thanks.