Numbers/Books Wanted List ASOIAF Limited Editions

becca69

Hey all

After a long absence from these forums and a lot of regret at selling my set last year I'm back in the market for a full set.

As much as I'd like a set including the MM's I'd imagine my budget won't stretch quite that far.

Thought I'd put this up here but I will also contact the people who have posted saying that they have sets to sell.

Thanks

Is everyone selling their sets cause the last few seasons have been pretty bad or is the reason being the new season is out?

Ebay Seller is trying to get top top dollar for the lettered set. When the Lettered sets come back down to 12k after the series is over I will get one:) 

Edited by louis2003b

The last set, if you are referring to the one on Ebay last year, was sold for $16K or less. The BUY IT NOW price was $20K, but it went for $16K. I say maybe less because the books were sold outside of Ebay.

Another lettered set was sold for $15K on Ebay a few years ago, before a Knight of Seven Kingdoms was published.

Edited by roopeshjoshi

9 hours ago, roopeshjoshi said:

The last set, if you are referring to the one on Ebay last year, was sold for $16K or less. The BUY IT NOW price was $20K, but it went for $16K. I say maybe less because the books were sold outside of Ebay.

Another lettered set was sold for $15K on Ebay a few years ago, before a Knight of Seven Kingdoms was published.

Becca was referring to set sold by Camelot Books for around $20k, see starting on page 32 of this thread. eBay set you mention talked about on page 34.

On 8/4/2017 at 10:31 AM, louis2003b said:

Is everyone selling their sets cause the last few seasons have been pretty bad or is the reason being the new season is out?

Ebay Seller is trying to get top top dollar for the lettered set. When the Lettered sets come back down to 12k after the series is over I will get one:) 

The television series is certainly as popular as ever; I'm not sure who told you the last few seasons were bad. This is not reflected in the ratings. The season premiere has now passed 30 million viewers (over 16 million watched it live) and the show is being televised in 186 countries and territories around the world. There's just so many fans out there (television series and books) that I don't see the price coming down for many years, if at all. You also need to factor in that the young folks who read it when it first came out in 1996 are all grown up now, some are earning real paychecks, and they're feeling nostalgic; this tends to drive the price up.

Edited by Magebane