becca69

Numbers/Books Wanted List ASOIAF Limited Editions

I know- craziest thing! What are the odds!?! I am actively trying to purchase from him directly but he wants to let the auction run. Aaarrrggh!

Joseph

Id just bid on the auction, there have been afew MM aCoK pop up lately and they havent had any attention! Could be wrong but thats what id do :)

Hi Talo,

Unfortunately the books you are looking for only go up to #448. Sub Press printed 50 extra copies for ACOK and will for AGOT. No one knows if they will continue to do that with the last 2 (or more) books.

They printed 52 copies which can never be completed sets? What was the logic there?

They made more money. And I'm sure they'll still do it for books 6-7. Given everything else they've done, I wouldn't be totally shocked if they went back and reprinted numbers #449-500 for books 3-5.

Argg, didn't realize that when I bought it. Was hoping I would be able to piece together a complete set. Oh well.

Anyone know what Biblio.phage means by "we" have a short set. Is he from a bookstore of some sort?

Hi, sorry: I dropped away for awhile.

No, I don't have a bookstore. "We" is my wife and I, we work together both on the collection and on eBay listings.

I did send a PM to biblio about their short set but no reply. Becca, if you hear from them could you let them know their is a PM in their inbox from someone who is interested? :) thanks! Still looking....

Turk

My apologies; was away for awhile and dropped out of the habit of checking in while I was traveling. The "short set" has since been sold.

There is usually nothing different about them. Extras are produced incase of damage to any of the numbered/lettered copies and they are also used for people in the industry... artist copies/author copies, etc. Buying a PC copy doesn't give you rights to future books in the series though.

Some consider them more rare since they usually don't produce very many.