Numbers/Books Wanted List ASOIAF Limited Editions

becca69

So, the lettered set on ebay (books 1 to 4) sold for $5800 , that's less than $1500 per book. Good price for a broken set?

It didn't sell. It didn't meet the reserve price. Probably hard to get whatever price the seller wants. People with that kind of money to spend probably don't want a broken set.

Ah, thanks for the clarification, coreywt.

Btw speaking of high prices for those books, can somebody shed some light on those two offers from abebooks? Some obscure super rare edition I missed or plainly ridiculous? Regarding the description I strongly tend to the latter :)

Storm of Swords (Hardback reissue)

Item Description: Harper Voyager, 2011. Book Condition: Fair. (Reissue). N/A. Ships from the UK. Former Library book. Shows definite wear, and perhaps considerable marking on inside.

Price: US$ 4,033.50

Item Description: Paperback. Book Condition: Good. The book has been read but remains in clean condition. All pages are intact and the cover is intact. Some minor wear to the spine

Price: US$ 8,059.52

It didn't sell. It didn't meet the reserve price. Probably hard to get whatever price the seller wants. People with that kind of money to spend probably don't want a broken set.

The same set has been relisted at a $7,000 buy it now price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/A-Game-Of-Thrones-Rare-Four-Book-LETTERED-SET-MEISHA-MERLIN-and-SUBTERRANEAN-/111528001774?&_trksid=p2056016.m2516.l5255

There is also a MM CoK # 84 for sale.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131358838801?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

My first time ordering while having a set... Do I just place my order and pay or is there somewhere where I let them know which number. Do they charge right away even though they won't ship until next spring

Pretty much. There is a box where you can note your number. You pay now and get the books in 6 months to a year or whatever.

I don't know why really, the art by Howe is awesome

I agree, never understood why it sells for so much less.

My first time ordering while having a set... Do I just place my order and pay or is there somewhere where I let them know which number. Do they charge right away even though they won't ship until next spring

They have your number on file so you don't need to do anything if you have the rights to future books in your name with them.