Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ran

[Pre-ADwD Spoilers] Jon 1

Meh. You don't think Shaggy knows the difference between a goat and a unicorn/wooly rhino?

I would think that the wolves would know the difference between sticks and swords too, but that doesn't stop them from referring to swords (maybe spears) as sticks. Same goes with "hardskin" and armor. The examples are numerous, but that's all I can think of. Cave=building???

The theory is as good as any...

Pyp and grenn had occured to me also, but just didn't seem likely. What reason would they have to want him dead? Unless he does something in the future to gain their enmity.

Grenn could be tricked into betraying Jon and/or supporting somebody else. Both of them could be affected by decisions Jon has to make as a Lord Commander.

Aren't Grenn and Pyp a little bitter that Jon seems to have forgotten about them now that he's Lord Commander?

I don't think Grenn and Pyp are the type to smile at Jon and then betray him. They will most likely confront at him at some point with how he is deserting his friends. My money is on Marsh or someone we haven't met yet.

Yes, I think Bowen Marsh and some new members of the Nightswatch - did all those revolters at Craster's Keep Ollo Lophand and so on, who assassinated Jeor Mormont- come back to Castle Black? Or perhaps some people who were part of Chett's original conspiracy.

I don't think that any of the the men who betrayed Mormont and deserted at Craster's Keep have tried to rejoin the Watch.

There is Sweet Donnel Hill however. He was part of Chett's conspiracy and has rejoined the Watch, and he seems to have very loosely associated himself with Jon. He was among the group of men who congratulated or bend the knee to Jon after he was chosen Lord Commander.

There is Sweet Donnel Hill however. He was part of Chett's conspiracy and has rejoined the Watch, and he seems to have very loosely associated himself with Jon. He was among the group of men who congratulated or bend the knee to Jon after he was chosen Lord Commander.

I hope not! Lannister bastard = traitor would be perilously close to cardboard. Wouldn't surprise me if he turns out to be a red herring, though. Pyp could pull it off, though. After all, just because they used to be friendly in training doesn't mean that they are now friends for life. He and Grenn seem rather resentful of Jon's sudden abandonment of them, but Grenn couldn't carry out a subtrefuge. Pyp seems a bit more clever, though.

Guest Other-in-law

Sweet Donnel Hill doesn't have to be a Lannister bastard though; he could be a Westerling or Crakehall or Yarwyk or Plumm or Farman or...any westerman bastard.

I hope not! Lannister bastard = traitor would be perilously close to cardboard.

But he did already plan treason with Chett. He is already "cardboard" per your definition when his claim that he is a Lannister bastard were true.

Though in his defense it can also be said that he didn't join the traitors at Craster's.

Pyp could pull it off, though. After all, just because they used to be friendly in training doesn't mean that they are now friends for life. He and Grenn seem rather resentful of Jon's sudden abandonment of them, but Grenn couldn't carry out a subtrefuge. Pyp seems a bit more clever, though.

Just because Pyp feels neglected doesn't mean he would betray Jon though. He never struck me as the treasonous, corrupt type or as notably ambitious.

I think the story will rather move into the direction that one of Jon's newer "friends" will turn out to be a traitor and that his old friends will prove true and will come to his help.

I think the story will rather move into the direction that one of Jon's newer "friends" will turn out to be a traitor and that his old friends will prove true and will come to his help.

I think I posted earlier in this thread there will be an assassination attempt on Jon, perhaps by disaffected members of the Nightwatch- Melisandre's words certainly sound like it, and the absence of Ghost and Jon's dislike of bodyguards are both definite hints.

I think I posted earlier in this thread there will be an assassination attempt on Jon, perhaps by disaffected members of the Nightwatch- Melisandre's words certainly sound like it, and the absence of Ghost and Jon's dislike of bodyguards are both definite hints.

After reading sample chapter of Jon, I notice Edd, the guy who brought breakfast to Jon said few things that were bit suspicious. He told Jon never to trust a cook and said "they will prune you[jon] when you least expected. I maybe reading too deep on this but he also said that he wouldn't eat prunes himself and there was one time the cook[Hobb] chop the prunes and hide with a hen. I think breakfast Edd brought was poisoned and Jon may have saved his life by not eating the breakfast.

After reading sample chapter of Jon, I notice Edd, the guy who brought breakfast to Jon said few things that were bit suspicious. He told Jon never to trust a cook and said "they will prune you[jon] when you least expected. I maybe reading too deep on this but he also said that he wouldn't eat prunes himself and there was one time the cook[Hobb] chop the prunes and hide with a hen. I think breakfast Edd brought was poisoned and Jon may have saved his life by not eating the breakfast.

Alternatively, he may have been joking, seeing how he's the comic relief character and everything. But poison prunes is plausible too...

Alternatively, he may have been joking, seeing how he's the comic relief character and everything. But poison prunes is plausible too...

I don't think poison myself- Edd is just the designated comic relief, as well as being trustworthy. So incidentally is Three Finger Hobb.