Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ran

[Pre-ADwD Spoilers] Jon 1

But when she put the dragon eggs by Drogo, before she burned him and Mirri Maz Duur, Drogo was already dead and where was her son's body? How could she sacrifice them to hatch the eggs, if they were already dead, and Rhaego's body wasn't even on the pyre...or was it? I don't think it was. The only living person was Mirri Maz Duur. Or maybe since they died in the tent (Rheago and Drogo) this some how brought life to the eggs then and there? Man there are too many twists and turns and mysteries in these books, sometimes trying to figure them all out gives me a headache! :)

Yep, it's convoluted. But prophecy are not to be taken literally.

Dany caused the death of Rhaego with Mirri's blood magic and killed Drogo because she could not accept his state. So it's not about the pyre but the process that finally awakes the dragon in her.

And I realized that probably I am mistaken about an important point: the PWWP is a vision of the future. It's not a ritual that has to be recreated like Melisandre (and the other Targs who dreamed about dragons) seems to believe.

So, the point of the prophecy is not to offer a magic formula to awake dragons but to foresee Dany's future (in a cycle that is very similar to AA ones).

Read an interview Sean Bean did, he talks about Ned being or not being Jon's father. How do I put in a spoiler?

Read an interview Sean Bean did, he talks about Ned being or not being Jon's father. How do I put in a spoiler?

This way, if I understand what you ask:

[spoiler]I spoiled you![/spoiler]

Not that matter, whatever Sean Bean has told, he does not know anything, GRRM has not shared that with him.

This way, if I understand what you ask:

[spoiler]I spoiled you![/spoiler]

Not that matter, whatever Sean Bean has told, he does not know anything, GRRM has not shared that with him.

How do you know? GRRM said that he would share spoilers with the actors if they asked.

A number of people in this thread are reading a far bit too much into what Lyanna Mormont has to say about which king they do and don't recognize.

The other houses in the North are within Stannis' reach, but they wouldn't necessarily be easy for him to attack. So they ignore the ravens he's sending. "A hawk must have gotten it, or it flew to Winterfell out of habit."

Think about where Bear Island is. It's WAY up north, off the western coast of Westeros. For Stannis to try and take Bear Island, he'd either have to grab Night's Watch's ships on that coast (assuming they have any) which the NW would oppose or they'd have to sail all the way through waters thick with pirates, around Dorne, through waters controlled by the Iron Islands and/or the Lannisters.

What would Stannis possibly gain by going there? Bear Island is decidedly poor, which is why one heir is in exile. What forces it has are in the Riverlands.

Of all candidates to unite Westeros behind a single king, Stannis is the least likely to succeed.

Lyanna Mormont talks tough because she's a child. And because she can afford to risk doing so.