She-Wolves of Winterfell - Bran III

AegonSnow

a woman heavy with child emerged naked and dripping from the black pool, knelt before the tree, and begged the old gods for a son who would avenge her. Then there came a brown-haired girl slender as a spear who stood on the tips of her toes to kiss the lips of a young knight as tall as Hodor.

as tall as Hodor?

Could this be Duncan the Tall?

It gives evidence to HODOR being Duncan the Tall's descendant?

Who is the woman asking the vegence? Is it related to the brown-haired girl?

1. Duncan the Tall goes to WinterFell (abt. 200 AL give or take)
  2. Woman asking for vengeance
  3. Ned & Lyanna Stark playing (about 270 AL)

The woman asking for vengeance was after Duncan the Tall, but before Ned Stark.

Why is she asking for vengeance?

as tall as Hodor?

Just a small correction: it's Lyanna and Benjen playing, not Ned. It's clearly stated that the girl and the boy are as old as Bran and Arya, so the boy is clearly younger.

The woman asking for vengeance could be Bran's grandmother or great-grandmother. At this point, there's no way of knowing for sure.

Just a small correction: it's Lyanna and Benjen playing, not Ned. It's clearly stated that the girl and the boy are as old as Bran and Arya, so the boy is clearly younger.

The woman asking for vengeance could be Bran's grandmother or great-grandmother. At this point, there's no way of knowing for sure.

:agree: Once The She-Wolves is released, I believe these questions will be answered.

the woman heavy with baby is probably Lord Rickard's wife or maybe his mother, we don't have enough evidences so far, I think Bran will see all this again with more details, once he can adjust his green seer powers.

the Tall man can be Ser Duncan the Tall, he visited Winterfell with Aegon V (Egg)

as tall as Hodor?

I think it was old nan kissing duncan the tall, still not sure on the pregnant lady.

Duncan the Tall was at WF at more like 210 AL.

Also:

If it's in chronological order, then surely the woman begging for vengeance is older than Duncan the Tall?

Its backwards chronologically, the first vision being the most recent (of The Ned praying) and the last one is the oldest (Appears to be a First Men Blood Sacrifice)

I used to think that the woman praying for a son was the mother of Ice Eyes, but the trees shrinking in his vision suggest the visions go in reverse order. Basically eliminating any chance of it being Ice Eyes.

We don't know for sure. We know that plenty of Starks died around the times of Duncan the Tall, to Dagmar Greyjoy raids, the King-Beyond-The-Wall before Mance and the Skagosi rebellion, so a woman asking the Old Gods for revenge could certainly fit that era. She may be Bran's ancestor.

There is a thread somewhere in which some clever guy is trying to put together the Stark genealogy which might point to the right direction speculation, but it will be hard to find with the search function off.

We don't know for sure. We know that plenty of Starks died around the times of Duncan the Tall, to Dagmar Greyjoy raids, the King-Beyond-The-Wall before Mance and the Skagosi rebellion, so a woman asking the Old Gods for revenge could certainly fit that era. She may be Bran's ancestor.

There is a thread somewhere in which some clever guy is trying to put together the Stark genealogy which might point to the right direction speculation, but it will be hard to find with the search function off.

If you Google search for Ned Stark and genealogy it will pop up.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/House_Stark#House_genealogy

"a woman heavy with child emerged naked and dripping from the black pool, knelt before the tree, and begged the old gods for a son who would avenge her"

Could that be Bael the Bairds kid? I think I remember the child grows up and slays his father because the father wont attack his own son.

I probably mixed up stories

I wonder if Old Nan is a Stark, maybe a great-grandaunt what would make Hodor some kind of cousin

I agree. I think Old Nan is Nymeria Stark and she will have a son to Ser Dunk. Either bastard, true born or pretend true born to get the male Stark line going again. The She Wolves of Winterfell story will be about having no male heirs and obviously war with the Iron Born or King beyond the Wall. Or perhaps Nan is a Frey who moved to Winterfell. Some explanation as to why Hodor's name is Walder must occur.

I agree. I think Old Nan is Nymeria Stark and she will have a son to Ser Dunk. Either bastard, true born or pretend true born to get the male Stark line going again. The She Wolves of Winterfell story will be about having no male heirs and obviously war with the Iron Born or King beyond the Wall. Or perhaps Nan is a Frey who moved to Winterfell. Some explanation as to why Hodor's name is Walder must occur.

According to the app "She was brought to Winterfell many decades ago as a wet nurse for a nameless Stark son who died in infancy". I don't think she is a Stark.

• 1 year later...

as tall as Hodor?

• Duncan the Tall goes to WinterFell (abt. 200 AL give or take)
  • Woman asking for vengeance
  • Ned & Lyanna Stark playing (about 270 AL)

Dunk said that he never had a woman in both a hedge knight and sworn sword. and in hedge knight he is 17, the year 209 AL so if he visited winterfell in 200 AL (give or take) he would only be 8 years (give or take) I think this has something to do with The She-Wolves of Winterfell

Based on the chronology, and the Stark family tree, I would say the options are probably Melantha Blackwood, Lyanne Glover, Lorra Royce, Alys Karstark, Arya Flint, Serena Stark, Arra Norrey, Cynthia Cobray, Lynara Stark, and the mysterious "Stark daughter".

Starting from the earliest, Creggan the badass Mofo that he is took 3 wives, imo any one 1 them could have felt slighted by this and wanted the first son, 2 of them didn't have sons so they could have been put aside for a new wife, and the 3rd wife who had kids could have wanted her husband avenged. Thus Cynthia Cobray, Arra Norrey, and Lynara Stark.

In the next generation, Brandon Stark had a bastard son with another woman, possibly before his wife Alys Karstark, who would want a son. Serena Stark was the eldest daughter from Cregan Starks last wife, she could have been mis treated by those in the main line.

Below them is Lorra Royce who appears to have had 5 children die without heirs and also appears to have married her first son, were that the case I would assume there was a necessity.

Her children include Rodrik the wandering wolf and William Stark, the youngest. Arya Flint married Rodrik the wandering wolf who she could obviously want avenged, and she had 2 daughters no sons. William Stark took 2 wives Melantha Blackwood and Lyanne Glover. Lyanne was the second wife and would have wanted a son to take over the line, Melantha could have wanted vengeance against the Brackens.

Melantha Blackwood gave birth to the last option I named, "Stark daughter". This is the most ambiguous member of the line, and the only 1 written in light blue. She also has no children or husband shown.

Archived