Original Reactons to the Purple Wedding

i cant wait tio see this on the show.

when i first read that chapter, i was stunned, and amazed with how grrm built up to it. then i got REALLY histaricly happy, then somber cus they all blamed tyrion.

how about you?

Well, this was a much bigger surprise to me than the Red Wedding, which I saw coming the second dumbass Robb married Jeyne/Talissa.

I loved it, loved the Tyrion blame and the escapes. Loved Cersei's grief and inability to do anything about it.

I was more concerned about Sansa than I was anyone else present.

Her chapter in the aftermath made me equally satisfied at Joffrey's death and helped cement the Great One as my favourite character. His emergence was more of an "oh shit!" moment for me than almost any other in the series.

I was more concerned about Sansa than I was anyone else present.

Her chapter in the aftermath made me equally satisfied at Joffrey's death and helped cement the Great One as my favourite character. His emergence was more of an "oh shit!" moment for me than almost any other in the series.

yeah, i was a little bored of sansa till she gets to the boat... then i loved her story line

The Purple Wedding was a great moment, but it didn't "even out" the Red Wedding IMO. I had both semi-spoiled from looking at the appendices, where it lists the Houses and Kings. "Why isn't there a King in the North anymore?" "Tommen!? What happened to Joffrey? Meh who cares!"

My honest, no BS reaction. I was jumping with joy. Someone other than the Starks, had just been punched in the gut and I enjoyed every minute of it. Finally when Sansa was, on the ship and heading away from Kings Landing; I laughed for a good hour.... about the whole night.

I was disappointed at first. That's how the little dick went out? So cheaply compared to the Red Wedding? My brother pointed out that it's great, because of all these people at his wedding, only his mother cares he's dying. I was happy the jerk was dead and gone, though. That's what really matters, I guess!

The Purple Wedding was a great moment, but it didn't "even out" the Red Wedding IMO.

Exactly. From Neds death to the RW the Starks just cannot catch a break. At the very least though, even though it hasn't gotten better for the Starks it has gotten much worse for the Lannisters! :devil:

The Purple Wedding was a great moment, but it didn't "even out" the Red Wedding IMO. I had both semi-spoiled from looking at the appendices, where it lists the Houses and Kings. "Why isn't there a King in the North anymore?" "Tommen!? What happened to Joffrey? Meh who cares!"

From the appendix in AFFC or ADWD then? Because the appendix in ASOS lists both Joff and Robb as king. And my reaction to the PW was like, no wait, is this happening, is it, it is! it is! YEAH BITCH. Though I am still uncertain whether another way of dying would hae been more satisfying.

Archived