GRRM on Conan O’Brien Tonight

Westeros

As a Brit, his voice sounds funny to me, and I have to make an effort when reading the books not to imagine it being said in his view otherwise it's really offputting.

As a person from New Jersey, he sounds pretty normal to me, ha ha ha

I wonder who those could be.

I remember him mentioning that shortly after the premiere and he said the 3 of them were actresses.

My guesses are Cat, although she isnt 'dead' in the books, Cercei and Margery.

As a Brit, his voice sounds funny to me, and I have to make an effort when reading the books not to imagine it being said in his voice otherwise it's really offputting.

Dragonstoned, as a west coast person (I am Californian) his voice sounds very odd to me as well. I would say that it is very nasal and high-pitched, with a distinct Jersey accent (makes sense obviously given his roots).

I always thought the riddle of who he was talking to came down to the actresses of Shae, Ygritte, or possibly Brienne, and until the Conan interview you couldn't rule out that it might even be someone else killed off in the opening chapters of tWoW, but he clearly says that if they had read the books they would know. Also we know it wasn't someone who died in season 3 because all those scenes had already been filmed by the season 3 premiere.

So the only women with significant screen time who die in the second half of SoS, or in aFfC or aDwD are those three, and since Gwendoline And Rose have mentioned reading the books, I'm assuming it was Sibel K. It would make sense particularly since Ros/Esme went the way she did and since Shae threw the diamonds back at Varys, it's starting to heavily foreshadow that Shae story does not end well.

Yeah I'm pretty sure the actress who said she loves doing the show and begged him not to kill her is the one who plays Shae.

Of the 3 who he was talking to, the one who has read the books and knows his/her fate is most likely Rose Leslie (Ygritte). The other two are characters who definitely die before TWOW and after season 3 since he said they would have known if they had read the books. I don't remember him ever saying all 3 were female, so it could be Charles Dance or another male actor.

I always thought the riddle of who he was talking to came down to the actresses of Shae, Ygritte, or possibly Brienne, and until the Conan interview you couldn't rule out that it might even be someone else killed off in the opening chapters of tWoW, but he clearly says that if they had read the books they would know. Also we know it wasn't someone who died in season 3 because all those scenes had already been filmed by the season 3 premiere.

So the only women with significant screen time who die in the second half of SoS, or in aFfC or aDwD are those three, and since Gwendoline And Rose have mentioned reading the books, I'm assuming it was Sibel K. It would make sense particularly since Ros/Esme went the way she did and since Shae threw the diamonds back at Varys, it's starting to heavily foreshadow that Shae story does not end well.

That, and the fact that Brienne doesn't die ;)

His voice and facial hair remind me of the village elder in Willow. Can't help it.

Hah! This is a hilarious observation. I have not seen that film in years but as a child of the 80s I know it well. Speaking of Willow we really enjoyed Warwick Davis' show on HBO (but they don't seem to be doing any additional seasons).

Now I am afraid I will think of this whenever I hear George in an interview...(I will stay on topic after this post -- apologies to the mods)

As a Brit, his voice sounds funny to me, and I have to make an effort when reading the books not to imagine it being said in his voice otherwise it's really offputting.

I'm from NYC and I've spent a lot of time in Jersey and I will admit, George does have a strange voice. Not the accent, but the tone and inflections in his voice are unique. Great speaker though and he's one of those guys you can listen to forever because he's such a wordsmith.

Archived