Small questions v.10007

Stubby

Are there references to "tansy" in the novels as some sort of abortion concoction? Is it like moon tea?

From the wiki:

• Tansy is flowering herb [1] that has various medical properties. A strong dose can cause a pregnant woman to lose a child. It is one of the key ingredients in Moon tea.
  • Tansy is a real life natural abortifactant, see more at Wikipedia

So, Can a warg control a dragon? Were some (or all) of the Targaryen's wargs?

Do they not have that level of connection with their dragons? Thoughts?

So far as we know, Targs were not wargs and had no mind link with their dragons.

As as whether wargs can control dragons, it's still up to the debate. Some even think that Martin deliberately avoided writing conflict between Targs and North during Aegon's conquest just to avoid battle between wargs ans dragons, possibly hinting it will be important plot point in future books.

I think it can be assumed that he did. The main reason he married Lysa was because that was Hoster Tully's price for joining the Riverland armies to Roberts Rebellion.

I think Hoster made a point of the abortion to show Jon that she was able to bear children

Did Jon Arryn not know that Lysa had been 'used' before?

It was good for both parties. Hoster married off his damaged daughter to the Lord of the Eyrie and Jon got Tully swords and a wife known to be fertile.

Since Lysa seems to be the topic for the moment, the night they had all been drinking, did LF know that it was her that went up to see him, or does he really believe it was Cat?

My impression was that he really thought it was Cat, but i guess there's room for LF convincing himself.

Since Lysa seems to be the topic for the moment, the night they had all been drinking, did LF know that it was her that went up to see him, or does he really believe it was Cat?

She blurts this out while she at the moon door doesn't she? Could be one more reason for him to push her out.

Hello all,

My question may have been answered before and kinda goes back. If you remmember Dany's vision at the house of the undying. She saw many things from past,present ,future. Do you think that the boy with the wolf head which is Robb could eventually lead the walkers and fight with Jon as AA?

Hello all,

My question may have been answered before and kinda goes back. If you remmember Dany's vision at the house of the undying. She saw many things from past,present ,future. Do you think that the boy with the wolf head which is Robb could eventually lead the walkers and fight with Jon as AA?

Since you're fairly new I'll say, no. I think the general consensus is that losing a head rules you out as a wight. But you may not want to get to close to the dungeons in KL.

Why didnt Hotah go back to Norvos with Mellario? Didnt he come with her to Dorne to protect her?

I don't think there's a definite answer in the books to this question. Although, when discussing Balon Swann's ethics about murdering Tyrstane, Doran notes that Balon Swann is sworn to obey, just as my captain is, which would imply that Areo had sworn a vow to Doran. That's the only most probable explanation I can think of right now.

Or maybe he was somehow given a choice (quite unlikely, though); or maybe even Mellario ordered him to stay and keep guard over her kids.

new here, so if either of these questions belong somewhere else my bad but a couple of things have been nagging at me:

1. Where in the series does it explicitly mention that Stannis was working with Jon Arryn to uncover the twincest? It's been awhile since i've read either of the first two books so if it's in there I must have just forgotten

2. Why does it never occur to Mel, prior to the letter from the watch, to go the wall? I mean she emphasizes the threat of the Great Other right from the get go and you would think she would have seen this sort of thing coming (in the fires?) I mean the wall is in the most northern/coldest part of the 7 kingdoms after all

new here, so if either of these questions belong somewhere else my bad but a couple of things have been nagging at me:

1. Where in the series does it explicitly mention that Stannis was working with Jon Arryn to uncover the twincest? It's been awhile since i've read either of the first two books so if it's in there I must have just forgotten

2. Why does it never occur to Mel, prior to the letter from the watch, to go the wall? I mean she emphasizes the threat of the Great Other right from the get go and you would think she would have seen this sort of thing coming (in the fires?) I mean the wall is in the most northern/coldest part of the 7 kingdoms after all

On the first point I am almost sure it was somewhere in the first book because Ned was still alive.Someone told him Stannis was visiting the blacksmith and from there ned decided to visit the Crown story of Kings or whatever the name of the book was.

In AGOT, Gendry tells Ned Stannis and Jon Arryn came to him and questioned him about his mother. Also, one of Jon Arryn's servants Jory questioned on Ned's behalf said Jon and Stannis used to spend lot of time together.

In ACOK, at parley between Catelyn, Renly and Stannis, Renly informs Cat of Stannis's accusations against Joffrey. When Cat asked Stannis why did he keep silent about Lannister's incest, he replied he talked to Jon Arryn and informed him about his suspicions.

Archived