Small questions v.10007

Stubby

A couple of questions from my re-read of ADWD.

1) Who informed Prince Doran about Cersei's plan regarding whisking away Myrcella with Ser Balon, with an orchestrated ambush on the way killing Prince Trystane and blaming it on Tyrion?

2) How does Arianne get Myrcella to tell Ser Balon that it was Darkstar who slew Ser Arys and not Areo Hotah? I would expect a child, who recently got maimed (due to Arianne's meddling in the 1st place) to definitely be honest with a Kingsguard member (she'd trust Ser Balon more than anyone else in Dorne for sure, like how she trusted Ser Arys before). I just seem to find that part slightly flawed, unless i'm missing some other motives happening behind the screen?

<snip>

1) It would have to be someone with knowledge of said (supposedly secret) plan, so we can narrow down the suspects to Taena, Qyburn and Varys, Out of the three, I believe Varys is the likeliest, followed by Taena.

2) Why would she trust Ser Balon? It's possible she might not even know him, considering she went for Dorne before Balon got into Kingsguard. OTOH, she's been living in Dorne for months, and seems to develop at least cordial, if not friendly, relationship with Arianne. Arianne herself seems confident she could persuade Myrcella to tell Balon what she wants her to tell.

And Myrcella probably doesn't know about whole plot to capture her to start a war with Iron Throne. At worst, she thought she's being whiskered somewhere with Arianne and her friends.

A couple of questions from my re-read of ADWD.

1) Who informed Prince Doran about Cersei's plan regarding whisking away Myrcella with Ser Balon, with an orchestrated ambush on the way killing Prince Trystane and blaming it on Tyrion?

2) How does Arianne get Myrcella to tell Ser Balon that it was Darkstar who slew Ser Arys and not Areo Hotah? I would expect a child, who recently got maimed (due to Arianne's meddling in the 1st place) to definitely be honest with a Kingsguard member (she'd trust Ser Balon more than anyone else in Dorne for sure, like how she trusted Ser Arys before). I just seem to find that part slightly flawed, unless i'm missing some other motives happening behind the screen?

1) There is no clear consensus. Theories include: Varys and Taena Merryweather, amongst others. Doran might have some other long serving spy in KL.

2) Since Myrcella was in the middle of being wounded, she might not have seen the actual fighting happen. After that, Arianne, or anyone, could just say to Myrcella "remember the bad man with the streak in his hair, he flipped out and attacked you then killed Ser Arys," or something to that effect.

Is RobbWind ever actually confirmed in the books?...I always thought it was just a rumour, but nobody ever really saw it.

Salladhor Saan tells this tale.

They swear Lord Frey had the boy’s head hacked off, sewed the head of his direwolf in its place, and nailed a crown about his ears. ASoS p. 722

Lem has heard the story from the smallfolk.

“So you sewed his head on Robb Stark’s neck after both o’ them were dead,” said yellow cloak.

“My father did that. All I did was drink. You wouldn’t kill a man for drinking.”

ASoS Epilogue

Merritt Frey sort of confirms it in the Epilogue.

Salladhor Saan tells this tale.

They swear Lord Frey had the boy’s head hacked off, sewed the head of his direwolf in its place, and nailed a crown about his ears. ASoS p. 722

Lem has heard the story from the smallfolk.

“So you sewed his head on Robb Stark’s neck after both o’ them were dead,” said yellow cloak.

“My father did that. All I did was drink. You wouldn’t kill a man for drinking.”

ASoS Epilogue

Merritt Frey sort of confirms it in the Epilogue.

Thank you. I suppose adding those together, it is pretty much confirmed.

In a certain (very very broad) sense, you could count the Silent Sisters.

Yeah, I thought about 'em, but I didn't know if female criminals were allowed to join them to avoid punishment.

Yeah, I thought about 'em, but I didn't know if female criminals were allowed to join them to avoid punishment.

I guess that women criminals would be able to secretly become Silent Sisters, since sending women to SS is socially acceptable form of punishment (just as sending men to NW is). For example, Wyman threatens his granddaughter with SS in case she refuses to marry Little Walder Frey, and one of Arryn cousins was seduced by mercenary so her father sent her of to SS after her bastard child died.

This could be maybe a longshot but... What happened to Ned's bones.I remember they were heading back to winterfell and I don't remmember what happened afterwards.

That is the last we heard of them. Hallis Mollen left Riverrun with them in ACoK.

This question may seem a bit trivial, but I have been wondering about it for quite

some time now:

Why is Rorge (and supposedly Biter, too) afraid of Jaqen?

(When Rorge is mocking/threatening Arya, he immediately stops when she mentions

Jaqen's name and he leaves hurriedly, too. Arya also thinks she saw fear in Rorge's

eyes. Furthermore, both accept orders from Jaqen. It is not completely clear that they

fear him, but I'd say that the assumption is rather secure)

It is clear that Jaqen H'gar is a pretty skilled assassin/fighter, but what could

make sickos like them respect -or even fear- Jaqen and why would they follow

his orders? Jaqen seems ruthless, but the other two are really sick thugs, so there

must be a reason why they fear and obey him.

1. Something in Jaqen's behaviour/his aura: not too likely, Arya should have noticed

and so should the girls who are impressed by his hair (when Arya meets Jaqen again)

2. Something he has done. Considering Biter is a cannibal and Rorge is pretty fucked up,

too, I can't really think of a deed that would shock these two and furthermore convince

them to follow Jaqen's orders.

Are there any other hints or ideas why Jaqen is perceived so fearsome by those two?

Archived