Small questions v.10007

Stubby

and lastly, why did aegon IV legitimize his bastards? just to cause crazy mischief? pride?

I remember when reading through SSMs, yeaaaars ago (back when he didn't realize how long asoiaf would take), Martin often said he might write a whole novel on Aegon the Unworthy, with him as the only POV.

So I guess he has lots of ideas on why exactly he was who he was and did what he did. Hopefully some of it will end up in the World of Ice and Fire.

I remember when reading through SSMs, yeaaaars ago (back when he didn't realize how long asoiaf would take), Martin often said he might write a whole novel on Aegon the Unworthy, with him as the only POV.

So I guess he has lots of ideas on why exactly he was who he was and did what he did. Hopefully some of it will end up in the World of Ice and Fire.

Wouldn't they have to publish that as an Adult-Only title? Doesn't really seem like he had time to do anything else.

He definitely never had time to write the whole novel, that's just something he'd say he "might do when he is done with asoiaf." It does mean Aegon IV already had a lot of backstory around him, so maybe he used the companion book as a way to put it all in, now that it is unlikely he will ever write the novel.

Wouldn't they have to publish that as an Adult-Only title?

Is the World of Ice and Fire not supposed to be an Adult Only title? :o

He definitely never had time to write the whole novel, that's just something he'd say he "might do when he is done with asoiaf." It does mean Aegon IV already had a lot of backstory around him, so maybe he used the companion book as a way to put it all in, now that it is unlikely he will ever write the novel.

Is the World of Ice and Fire not supposed to be an Adult Only title? :o

Yeah but come on, a book from Aegon IV's pov? Even King Robert would blush browsing through that thing. :smileysex:

I was actually looking for the blushing smiley but somehow this seemed more appropriate.

It was perfect actually. It made what you said all the more comical :). Also, there aren't many occasions when you can use that smiley, so even seeing it was humourous.

Is there a Cersei POV where she explicitly made plans to murder the High Septon?

I know it's mentioned in one of her POVs in AFFC that she had Osney Kettleblack smother him, but I can't seem to recall her making those plans in any of her POVs.

how exactly does stannis go about rallying the support of the mountain clans? I know he takes his time with it and feasts at each village or something like that to earn their trust, and that jon gave him advice on how to appeal to them in regards to Ned's legacy... so I guess my REAL question is: what exactly was it about Ned the mountain clans loved so much that it allows for Stannis, a complete stranger, to drop his name and over time win their trust and support?

DaveSnow House Stark, if you look down at the lower right corner of this site there is a link called FAQ, if you click it you´ll find this among other helpfull things.

Q. Just what are these posting levels?

A. As you post, the forum keeps a tally of your total. When you reach a certain number, your title will automatically change. Here is a listing of the levels:

Unregistered -- Wildling

Newly registered -- Commoner

25 posts -- Freerider

75 posts -- Sellsword

150 posts -- Squire

250 posts -- Hedge Knight

375 posts -- Landed Knight

525 posts -- Noble

700 posts -- Council Member

Once you reach Council Member, you will be able to change your title to something of your choosing via My Controls.

Is there a Cersei POV where she explicitly made plans to murder the High Septon?

I know it's mentioned in one of her POVs in AFFC that she had Osney Kettleblack smother him, but I can't seem to recall her making those plans in any of her POVs.

To my memory, there's no particular POV of Cersei's where she actively plans the smothering of The High Septon, or communicating her intentions to Kettleblack. IIRC, there is a mention of her desire to get rid of the High Septon though, because she suspected Lancel told the septon everything. And later on in the next Cersei POV there's a fleeting reference, possibly veiled, between her and Kettleblack which alludes to him smothering the High Septon

This might seem elementary, but while trying to provide some background info (non spoiler info) to my non book reading GoT watching friends, i was stuck on a question of how exactly did Cersei and Jaime know that Jon Arryn knew about their incest and about the children? I don't quite think Jon Arryn is the kind to pull a Ned Stark and confront Cersei about it.

Was Tywin ever mentioned as being a good swordsman? I understand he is more of a commander than a soldier, but he is described as very fit and must of had some skill in his youth.

AFAIK, Tywin's skill with sword in never discussed in books or SSM. Knowing his fine physical shape and his determination, he was probably good swordsmen in his younger years.

Was Tywin ever mentioned as being a good swordsman? I understand he is more of a commander than a soldier, but he is described as very fit and must of had some skill in his youth.

As far as I know, it has never been mentioned. That said, his physique may well mean that he was a fine swordsman when he was younger.

Edit: Ninja'd by Knight of Winter.

This might seem elementary, but while trying to provide some background info (non spoiler info) to my non book reading GoT watching friends, i was stuck on a question of how exactly did Cersei and Jaime know that Jon Arryn knew about their incest and about the children? I don't quite think Jon Arryn is the kind to pull a Ned Stark and confront Cersei about it.

LF or Varys probably told 'em.

Pycelle is a possibility.

Pycelle is known to be a creature of the Lannisters and when Tyrion questions him, he reveals "The queen needed Lord Arryn dead, she did not say so, could not, Varys was listening, always listening, but when I looked at her I knew." ACoK p. 413

I also believe that Pycelle supplied the lineage book that Jon Arryn read.

Archived