Small questions v.10007

Stubby

No theories, AFAIK. Probably just some no-named lord, passing character of no importance to the plot.

Lord Hunter died of poisoning arranged by his younger sons. And if Myranda wanted her kid to tule she would have married someone younger and healthier then elderly Lord Hunter. She went into her marriage probably because her father ordered so.

And by "killing habits of Royce family", you refer to what?

Why wouldn't Mel be alive :huh:

She thinks Bran and BR are evil because she's misguided and believes R'hllor is benevlonet diety when in fact it doesn't look so (you know, with his killing shadow-babies, burning people alive, religious intlorence and so), and whoever opposes him is evil.

Mel as an agent of Others? Her main enemy is Great Other, her greatest hero is one who would be reborn to fight Others - and you think Mel is working for Others? Sorry, but that makes no sense.

She doesnt eat. She seems very old. She thinks of the Evil one as The Great Other but she sees Bran and BR as evil (see her POV chapter) The Others may not be what she thinks of as The Great Other. The Great Other is a deity, the enemy of the Lord of Light. We know her concept of the Lord of Light is pretty screwy compared to other priests and followers. She is terrible at interpreting what she sees in fires and has an agenda that she cant seem to be flexible about. So her interp of the LOL is not trustworthy IMHO.

No, but he has wild. I mean bully as wicked older brother who will tease you and defend you

Btw does anyone knows where Oberyn was during Robert Rebellion?

Given that he went around Dorne after the rebellion and tried to raise Dornishmen for Viserys's cause, it's pretty sure to also assume he was in Dorne during the rebellion.

No, but he has wild. I mean bully as wicked older brother who will tease you and defend you

Btw does anyone knows where Oberyn was during Robert Rebellion?

IIRC he was sent to Dorne to bring the Dornish Spears to the Trident in support of Rhaegar. Aerys thought Oberyn betrayed Rhaeger (by taking too long or something like that) and was, therefore, responsible for Rhaegar's death and the defeat of the Royal forces. I'm not sure where that's detailed, but it was a factor in Aerys sending his wife and son to Dragonstone and refusing to release Elia and her children.

I don't know if Oberyn surrendered to Robert when Rhaegar died. In his place, I would have hot-footed it to the Red Keep; but, if he didn't, there must have been a reason. Ned was described as "rushing South with Robert's Van." If he couldn't beat Tywin to the city, Oberyn probably couldn't, either.

In any case, Tywin was probably positioned to march quickly either way, depending on who won; and, as he said himself, having come late to Robert's cause, he had to use extravagant gestures to win Robert's favor. He chose sacking Kings Landing and murdering the remaining heirs to the throne. That bought him his son's pardon and a crown for his daughter.

Given that he went around Dorne after the rebellion and tried to raise Dornishmen for Viserys's cause, it's pretty sure to also assume he was in Dorne during the rebellion.

He tried to raise Dornishmen for Viserys after RR. It is odd that someone like Viper was far from main battlefields ( Trident, Stormlands, Stoney Sept) during rebellion

He tried to raise Dornishmen for Viserys after RR. It is odd that someone like Viper was far from main battlefields ( Trident, Stormlands, Stoney Sept) during rebellion

Given that Aerys connvinced himself Dorne was going to betray him and threatened them to use Elia as a hostage, I imagine Dorne's support for him was never more than reluctant. Doran probably sent him as little men as he dared (10 000) and kept his other family members far from harm.

Even after Bob's rebellion getting Viserys on the Iron Throne was done more as a means for revenge for Elia and her kids rather than out of any real loyalty for Aerys.

The Dornish only fought at the Trident.

Yep and Prince Lewyn was sent by Aerys to command them, implying that Oberyn wasn't there or was less experienced and gave control to Lewyn (unlikely IMHO). Oberyn tried to raise Dorne for Viserys. He couldn't have done that if he was a prisoner.

Is Arbor Gold white or red wine?

I've seen posters who think it's white because of the "gold" part, but I personally think it's still red, and the gold is just a label.

Also the Redwyne surname itself, and how the Ghiscari white wine is described as bad point to it being red, what do others think or know on that matter?

Did a quick re-read and noticed that Jorah had said that of the 40,000 men Rhaegar had at the Trident only 1/10 were knights. The rest were shitty men at arms and the like. Is there a thread or threads already discussing the possibility that Rhaegar threw the battle at the Trident? I don't want to start a new one if it has been discussed already.

Is Arbor Gold white or red wine?

I've seen posters who think it's white because of the "gold" part, but I personally think it's still red, and the gold is just a label.

Also the Redwyne surname itself, and how the Ghiscari white wine is described as bad point to it being red, what do others think or know on that matter?

I'm pretty sure it's white, though it's never confirmed. Doesn't an Arbor Red exist or am I imagining things?

Did a quick re-read and noticed that Jorah had said that of the 40,000 men Rhaegar had at the Trident only 1/10 were knights. The rest were shitty men at arms and the like. Is there a thread or threads already discussing the possibility that Rhaegar threw the battle at the Trident? I don't want to start a new one if it has been discussed already.

That's about right for a battle. There aren't that many knights in Westeros. Most battles are mostly spears, lances, and archers.

what house did qhorin halfhand come from? how'd he end up on the watch? I do not recall.

I don't remember it being mentioned.

Archived