Small questions v.10007

Stubby

I have an interesting one, but I think I might answer my own question, so maybe I guess I'd like others opinions as to what they think.... the description of the shieldhall in castle black is that its decorated with the shields of the knights taking the black. Jon noted that there r wolves and flayed men as well as other houses from the north. Well my question is, since knights r annoited in the light of the 7 and well the north obviously holds true to the old gods, how can that be, unless its those of mounted horse and those of Lord's. Am I right on this, or maybe grrm made another mistake?

There are some knights in the north. But the likely answer is it's not just annointed knights.

I have visited this site before but I finally made an account to participate in discussions.

Is there any speculation that when Brienne comes to Jaime she is Un-Brienne? If so can you point me in the direction of the thread?

Yes, that has been speculated, e.g. here. Full disclosure though: To me personally, it seems pretty unlikely.

In any case, welcome to the forum! We're happy to have you with us! :grouphug:

I have visited this site before but I finally made an account to participate in discussions.

Is there any speculation that when Brienne comes to Jaime she is Un-Brienne? If so can you point me in the direction of the thread?

As I see, there is no evidence to that. Jaime only notices that part of her face is missing, no other Un- characteristics.

If Jon Connington were to chop off his infected arm in 'battle' would that cure him of his Greyscale?

There's a good chance of that working, but there's no guarantee. "Hacking off afflicted parts did sometimes stop the spread of the disease, Tyrion knew, but not always. Many a man had sacrificed one arm or foot, only to find the other going grey." (Tyrion, ADWD).

As I see, there is no evidence to that. Jaime only notices that part of her face is missing, no other Un- characteristics.

Yeah but that's where she was bitten at the inn.

Does anyone remember if Arya and Sansa shared a room in KL or if they had separate ones?

This may have been answered several hundred times on these boards but I'm new to them and haven't seen any mention of it anywhere.

In the scene in the Melisandre POV where she is describing the MR/Lord of Bones glamor to Jon she lists some possible items that can be used to create/assist in the effect,

"The bones help," said Melisandre. "The bones remember. The strongest glamors are built of such things. A dead man's boots, a hank of hair, a bag of fingerbones."

This seems like a rather specific item to have popped into her head had she not used it before. Do we have any theories on her creating a "Davos Glamor" or any reason how she could have gotten the bones that he lost on the Blackwater?

This may have been answered several hundred times on these boards but I'm new to them and haven't seen any mention of it anywhere.

In the scene in the Melisandre POV where she is describing the MR/Lord of Bones glamor to Jon she lists some possible items that can be used to create/assist in the effect,

This seems like a rather specific item to have popped into her head had she not used it before. Do we have any theories on her creating a "Davos Glamor" or any reason how she could have gotten the bones that he lost on the Blackwater?

I just read that chapter and I thought the same thing that maybe she swapped his bones before he went out on the Blackwater.

Great question, maybe its her 'ace in the hole' and shes saving it for something specific.

I probably missed/forgot the answer in the books but why does the gaoler have an ancient Targaryen gold coin? It was said Olenna had a chest full of them. Originally I thought Varys planted it to distract attention off himself but everyone knew he was involved so that wouldn't so much.

Then as a second question, did Varys intend on releasing Tyrion anyways? Maybe he foresaw how Tyrion could help Aegon. It would explain why he sent him to Illyrio.

I probably missed/forgot the answer in the books but why does the gaoler have an ancient Targaryen gold coin? It was said Olenna had a chest full of them. Originally I thought Varys planted it to distract attention off himself but everyone knew he was involved so that wouldn't so much.

It's a coin from the Reach from before the conquest planted by Varys to aggravate Cercei's distrust of the Tyrells.

It's a coin from the Reach from before the conquest planted by Varys to aggravate Cercei's distrust of the Tyrells.

And remember that Cersei learns about Olenna's alleged chest full of them from Taena Merryweather, whose motives are less than clear.

In my re-read of AFFC, i'm quite puzzled by the logic behind Arianne's motives to crown Myrcella. Apart from the seeding of further chaos, and "angering the lion", it doesn't seem to further any of her motives, which are, at that point of time, making sure she remains heiress for Dorne, and possibly freeing the Sand Snakes and getting vengeance for Oberyn. Is there something i'm not seeing here?

Archived