[BOOK SPOILERS] Gendry's destiny

Veltigar

The Vale seems to be rather unlikely destination if he can't row because he would have to go around Cracklaw Point and across the whole Bay of Crabs to reach the Vale (Gulltown). Reaching KL would be rather easy compared to that trip.

He could go ashore somewhere near Duskendale and somehow will meet up with Brienne, propably earlier than in the books.

Travelling with Brienne is the only logical option. Keep in mind that Brienne is after "The Stark girls," so in the show she'll be looking for Arya as well. Who knows where Arya is? Gendry! or at least he thinks she's still with the Brotherhood. They go after the Brotherhood to get her back, run into UnCat and completely eliminate all the fluff in Brienne's Feast chapters.

I think that if they say he's going to King's Landing, he's going to go to King's Landing. Otherwise Davos would have lead him to a random point of the coastline.

How can Gendry interact with the KL storyline next season? My wild theory is that he'll take the place of the Kettleblacks and become Cersei's new lover.

I think that if they say he's going to King's Landing, he's going to go to King's Landing. Otherwise Davos would have lead him to a random point of the coastline.

How can Gendry interact with the KL storyline next season? My wild theory is that he'll take the place of the Kettleblacks and become Cersei's new lover.

Might very well be. Not really a guy with successful love/sex stories, though.

The only way he can reach the Vale is if some merchant ship picks him up. Then again, realistically speaking, that's the only way he'll reach KG as well. They might cut Mya, which might also lead them to keep the descent from the Eyre offscreen.

Or he joins her to find Arya, since he's the only one who knows she's alive.

That would make an interesting "reunion" for him with the BWB. In the LS thread, I suggested that they might use his POV to introduce of Lady Stoneheart. Combining his story with Brienne makes sense, actually.

I know I'm alone here, but I'm a fan of combining subplots (like Gendry/Edric). Too many diverging threads slows the whole show down.

You are not the only one, I agree with you here. And I think you are on to something. If Gendry and Brienne travel the Riverlands they could have a very dense season. First some filler after they leave KL, you know them travelling and they hear about the change of leadership with the BwB. After that they can go after Locke and his goons. They find the inn (they'll probably use the inn where Hot Pie stayed and maybe re-introduce him), Locke attacks them, Gendry and Brienne are almost killed but than the BwB barges in. They take them all to their cave, they hang Locke and reveal LS.

I like that, but I think Brienne will kill Locke, later the BWB can show the rest of his mens hanging and introduce LS.

I'll echo what others have said. He's going to KL so he'll probably run into Brienne and accompany her. There is a slim chance he get's picked up by LF and plays the Mya Stone Character. But seeing as book Gendry winds up back in the Riverlands being a Brienne companion seems much more likely.

I'm sorry guys but were just saw Gendry get written out of the show in an ambiguous way that means they can reintroduce him later if they feel like it. I don't think we'll see him next season at all.

It's a shame, because I was rather fond of my theory that he'll go to the Wall with Stannis and join the Night's Watch.

I'm sorry guys but were just saw Gendry get written out of the show in an ambiguous way that means they can reintroduce him later if they feel like it. I don't think we'll see him next season at all.

He has to be there next season to join Brienne and Pod the Sexgod! He has to! Just think about the potential... Pod and Gendry bonding and sharing their 'experiences' :P

He has to be there next season to join Brienne and Pod the Sexgod! He has to! Just think about the potential... Pod and Gendry bonding and sharing their 'experiences' :P

You know, maybe Pod can learn Gendry some tricks :P

Row Row Row your boat all the way across the sea's. Sallandor Saan will likely give some knuckles bones as a charm just the type of screenwriting we be expecting.

Although he may just be the one who makes it to never never land, with hakuna matata blaring on his row boats speakers O umba day O.......

It's also possible they're just going to merge all the bastards (Edric, Mya, Gendry) into one story for the sake of brevity. It wouldn't be that difficult to do... He's already taken over what we know about Edric, if he goes to the Vale, he could easily double as a friend to "Alayne" in the place of Mya.

Well they merging the bastards is a possibility, however what is hard for me in this theory is him arriving in the Vale by boat. I mean, he has only one day of food and water, don't know nothing about boats and can't swim, so it's really a loooooog shot.

You are not the only one, I agree with you here. And I think you are on to something. If Gendry and Brienne travel the Riverlands they could have a very dense season. First some filler after they leave KL, you know them travelling and they hear about the change of leadership with the BwB. After that they can go after Locke and his goons. They find the inn (they'll probably use the inn where Hot Pie stayed and maybe re-introduce him), Locke attacks them, Gendry and Brienne are almost killed but than the BwB barges in. They take them all to their cave, they hang Locke and reveal LS.

So far this is the best option in my opinion. Unless of course they just decide to kill him anyway since he can't swim and have scarce food and water and have to row like a maniac to get to KL.

Or he joins her to find Arya, since he's the only one who knows she's alive.

That would make an interesting "reunion" for him with the BWB. In the LS thread, I suggested that they might use his POV to introduce of Lady Stoneheart. Combining his story with Brienne makes sense, actually.

I know I'm alone here, but I'm a fan of combining subplots (like Gendry/Edric). Too many diverging threads slows the whole show down.

that'd be an interesting twist for his character and might make an interesting story.

Course, he has to get back to KL which in and of itself is a laughable prospect given the distance he has to row and where he has to row through.

Archived