House Baelish

Winterz

Not trying to be more specific than this but is it possible that we're getting any expansion on this House or most specifically on Littlefinger's father? It isn't exactly a big revelation and I hardly doubt it would compromise anything related to the context of the events in ASOIAF but LF's house sure could be interesting as if I'm not mistaken Hoster Tully took LF to be fostered in Riverrun because he befriended his father in the Ninepenny Kings War? Sure could be entertaining to read more about them and maybe even understand how and why Baelish become such man. :)

I think we already know everything there is to know: Petyr's great grandfather was a Bravoosi sellsword who came to Westeros employed by Lord Corbray. Then his grandfather got knighted. And his father had such a great performance during the war of the Ninepeny Kings that obtained a minor lordship and became friends with Hoster Tully.

I think we already know everything there is to know: Petyr's great grandfather was a Bravoosi sellsword who came to Westeros employed by Lord Corbray. Then his grandfather got knighted. And his father had such a great performance during the war of the Ninepeny Kings that obtained a minor lordship and became friends with Hoster Tully.

Yeah, we know a decent amount about them.

True but still...who was his mother? Elaborating on the War of the Ninepenny Kings or even on LF's father role on it, I think that could be interesting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The War of the Ninepenny Kings was during the later part of the reign of King Aegon V, and since George has stated that he would like to continue the Dunk & Egg stories over the course of Dunk and Eggs lives, there is a small possibility that in a future Dunk & Egg story, this war is depicted. If so, Baelish' father might appear, although I doubt his role will be very significant.

• 4 months later...

The mockingbird sigil was always perfect for House Baelish. To me it represents his mocking the descendants of great houses at court in KL who might look down upon his house and himself or consider him an up-jumped lord who shouldn't be in their company. He is always mentioned to have a mocking grin or smirk on his face which also lends to his sigil's appropriateness.

• 2 months later...

Archived