[BOOK SPOILERS] Jaime?

Rashtibram

More importantly, is he just going to sit around for 4 episodes and do nothing to try and free Sansa?

Probably yes. TV Jaime has been a really bad person so far: making fun of Jon for joining the NW, personally killing Jory and fighting Ned, killing his own cousin when he tried to escape...

What the hell is Jaime doing in KL BEFORE Joffrey's death?

Well fuck me dead.

I didnt even think of this. This means we wont get Jaime chewing out the rest of the Kingsguard for letting Joffrey die. A pity, I liked that scene.

Maybe we'll get a scene where Jaime realises Joffrey is a little fucker and nothing more "than a squirt of seed in Cersei's cunt".

I hope they have him say that line.

In the show, Cersei was certain that Jaime would save her from marrying Loras. So maybe that'll be his story in the early episodes. He becomes Commander of the King's Guard ( I don't remember if he already is the Commander or not) and gets Loras to join it?

I also think it doesn't matter that much if he is at the wedding or not, maybe he'll get some stuff to do that prevents him from going to the ceremony. He still can be convinced of Tyrion's innocence one way or another.

Very disappointed we didn't get an emotionally similar scene to Jaime and Cersei being reunited. I didn't think they'd actually have them copulating on her dead son's casket (there are some places even HBO may not go) but the powerful emotion of her being so f'ed up in grief, and his naivety in who he thinks she is, and their desperation to be together. I feel ripped off. What a meh scene. Why have it if it was not going to mean anything?!?! There's so little screen time, why waste the time we have?

Im very interested in seeing how the lannister relationships develop. the purple wedding should be about midseason allowing the relationships in kings landing to get some play. Oathkeeper. tyrion and brienne have to get some screen time and that's a relationship we didn't get much of in the books. or do they send her out looking for arya? Its a change I actually like. I have a feeling well get to see Jamie embrace cersei at first but as he falls out of favor with tywin she deserts him. right onto the arms of littlefingers man

Probably yes. TV Jaime has been a really bad person so far: making fun of Jon for joining the NW, personally killing Jory and fighting Ned, killing his own cousin when he tried to escape...

Lol, that's true. But I bet that the Purple Wedding will be earlier than 4th episode next season, even if 4th has been the number of the game changer so far. And TV jaime will have to challenge his father in a lot o f ways. TRYING to free Sansa will be one, getting stopped, Successful saving Brienne by Loras Tyrrell, by talking to him, before or after helping his sister out of that marriage, by obeying Joffey's request (ORDERRRR!) to have him enter the King's Guard. Then we will have the white book part of Jaime's time in King's Landing, which I hope is mantained in the show, because I hope will have an impact on the story when Jaime dies and someone else (Loras? or even Barristan Selmy coming home with a new queen) will read what he wrote on his own page of the white book of the king's guard.

THEN after the Purple Wedding, Jaime has to talk with his brother first, convencing himself of his innocence. Try to intercede with father, failing, having Cersei getting mad on him on his attempts to save Tyrion, finally "forcing" Varys to save Tyrion.

I give that by the tenth episode the name "Golden Hand the Just" will begin to flow in the net. Ah, yes, there is the golden hand part. It could be Gendry's old master, or even Gendry himself to have it done! And the left hand training...Is Brienne a good candidate for it, with Illyn Payne out of the Game? (I'm under the idea that Illyn Payne's actor had a grave health problem, isn't it?)

These would actually be more things in a season that what we had for Jaime in the first three, quite faithfully mirroring the quantity of points of view he had in the books...

It's not a big problem he's there after or there during doesn't make too big a difference.

it does actually. jaime's back means brienne's back as well. if she gets to sansa now it would be really difficult to play out why and how sansa escapes from KL and why brienne goes after her

"Crows before hoes"

lol that made me laugh so hard at work.

On topic note I was also dissapointed with Jaime arriving before the PW. Imo the show really puts a lot of emphasis on Joff being an evil little bastard and Cersei's relationship with him doesn't seem as strong as the books. Then again it could just feel that way since it's a more compact version. I think this will give time for Jaime to see what a monster his seed is

More importantly, is he just going to sit around for 4 episodes and do nothing to try and free Sansa?

Well in the books he kind of does , except both Jamie and Brienne go travelogue books 4 and 5.

Brienne has more to do , but it's zero sum until the end of Crows, and Jamie practically disappears, so a whole lot of fixing for them for them. Season 4 still has a lot of SoS to use but , whew!, season 5, big changes.

Archived