[BOOK SPOILERS] Jaime?

Rashtibram

...In the books Jaime is the one sending Brienne after Sansa, it's never Brienne's own initiative. In fact, my impression was that after Brienne find out about Cat's death she doesn't really know what to do with herself, she feels a failure and lack of purpose. So for her to hang around KL while she's figuring out what she should be doing, would be fairly similar to how Brienne feels in the books....

The only reason Jaime sent her after Sansa was because he feared Brienne was going to get herself killed going after the Arya imposter, not because she lacked of purpose.

Since Ramsay was going to marry a fake Arya anyway, Jaime gave Brienne enough reasons - and resources - to look for the other sister despite the trace was cold.

Otherwise Brienne would've gone after Arya from the get go.

Jaime told Brienne that it's fakeArya going north, and there is no indication that Brienne didn't believe him, Brienne had no reason to go and get herself killed. They both think Arya is dead. In their conversation Jaime brings up going after Sansa.

This is what Brienne thinks in her first chapter FFC:"She found herself wondering whether Jaime had given her this task as some cruel jape."

Brienne had no reason to go and get herself killed.

She had every reason up until Jaime told her the Crown sent Bolton a fake Arya. Hence the reason Brienne thinks Jaime is offering her a new sword to kill Sansa.

Neither Brienne nor Jaime believed Arya was dead by in A Strom of Swords, but they both toyed around with the idea that either Sansa or Tyrion were involved in Joffrey's poisoning.

On A Feast For Crows, Brienne wasn't able to find Sansa because all the leads she finds are from people who saw Arya with The Hound. And then, Lady Stoneheart asks for her life or the head of the Kingslayer.

By A Dance With Dragons we know Jaime may be falling into a trap because Brienne tells him The Hound has Sansa, the only Stark we know for sure she couldn't find.

She had every reason up until Jaime told her the Crown sent Bolton a fake Arya. Hence the reason Brienne thinks Jaime is offering her a new sword to kill Sansa.

Neither Brienne nor Jaime believed Arya was dead by in A Strom of Swords,

Brienne was locked up as soon as they arrived in KL, Jaime gets her out, tells her right away that the Boltons are taking fArya north. -granted I don't know how will they handle this in the show- Brienne had only a couple seconds tops to think about running after fArya. That's why I said that she had no reason to go after fArya and get herself killed.

Jaime also tells Brienne in the same conversation that he at least believes Arya is dead.

Neither Brienne nor Jaime believed Arya was dead by A Strom of Swords, but they both toyed around with the idea that either Sansa or Tyrion were involved in Joffrey's poisoning.

On A Feast For Crows, Brienne wasn't able to find Sansa because all the leads she finds are from people who saw Arya with The Hound. And then, Lady Stoneheart asks for her life or the head of the Kingslayer.

By A Dance With Dragons we know Jaime may be falling into a trap because Brienne tells him The Hound has Sansa, the only Stark we know for sure she couldn't find.

Brienne was locked up as soon as they arrived in KL, Jaime gets her out, tells her right away that the Boltons are taking fArya north. -granted I don't know how will they handle this in the show- Brienne had only a couple seconds tops to think about running after fArya.

I don't see how that could be the case since Jaime kept her informed the whole time Brienne was imprisoned on the book.

He even had time to make her a dress to match her - and I quote - astonishing eyes, as well as to break peace between her and Loras.

And the characters spent less time in King's Landing on the book than they are bound to spend together on the show.

I don't see how that could be the case since Jaime kept her informed the whole time Brienne was imprisoned on the book.

He even had time to make her a dress to match her - and I quote - astonishing eyes, as well as to break peace between her and Loras.

And the characters spent less time in King's Landing on the book than they are bound to spend together on the show.

There is nothing in the books that says that Jaime kept her well informed, or even if he himself was well informed. All we know that he goes to see off the northmen and knows/realizes that it's fArya.

But since it's the show, Brienne shouldn't be locked up, unless Tywin or Cersei comes up with a reason. As to how much time Brienne will spend in KL, I think will depend on what episode is the PW. I expect her to leave shortly after that, or she can ask around in the city -as she did in the book- maybe invent some interaction of her updating Jaime on lack of progress.

Archived