[Book Spoilers] Robb and Grey Wind

Broken Fox

When I saw the leaked still I thought it looked silly, but I have to admit that it looked much better in the show, the effect was more realistic, and the scene heartachingly painful to watch. Arya's face made me want to cry.

I knew they were going to show it and I thought I was ready. I was wrong.

:agree: This. I made the mistake of thinking I could eat a bowl of ice cream as the show was starting. I couldn't finish it, and I actually couldn't finish watching that part, either, until Clegane and Arya ride away. That was more disturbing to me in the book then Cat dying, then all of the RW. And now that goes for the show, too.

Arya's facial expression was soul crushing as well.

Absolutely. God, Arya. After a sight like that it was a very smooth transition to her killing later in the episode.

My stomach clenched up when I heard the "King in the North" chanting and they did not disappoint. What an opener, jesus.

I managed to avoid the leaked still, and I'm so glad I did. The reveal was much better then I had imagined it might be. The movement just added to the grotesque nature of it, far more effective than the static glimpse I was expecting. Both Arya and the Hound's reaction sealed the deal. I'm well impressed.

Did anyone think RobbWind wasnt done well? A few people on other threads have been saying it was done badly, I strongly disagree with this proposition.

I felt sick to my stomach when i saw RobbWind, and I imagine thats collectively how Westeros felt when they heard about it.

Such gratification when Arya killed that dude.

Seemed very well done to me. I was expecting it to be fixed tighter to his head, but I suppose with Grey Wind being so big that wouldn't really work. Chilling scene though, and as people have said, it set the tone nicely for Arya's homicidal outburst.

Speaking of those Freys, anyone else think that what the one she killed was saying might have been a nod to the set designers/whoever made Robbwind? I imagine it was a tough job, so it'd be nice to see them getting credit.

Seemed very well done to me. I was expecting it to be fixed tighter to his head, but I suppose with Grey Wind being so big that wouldn't really work. Chilling scene though, and as people have said, it set the tone nicely for Arya's homicidal outburst.

Speaking of those Freys, anyone else think that what the one she killed was saying might have been a nod to the set designers/whoever made Robbwind? I imagine it was a tough job, so it'd be nice to see them getting credit.

That was weird. The guy was talking about sewing the head on when it was clearly impaled on rods stuck in Robb's torso, and held a little high up. In the leaked still the head is closer down on the body, looking as if it were sewn on.. maybe they changed it during production and that dialogue was in reference to that.

Or I'm just reading too much into it :lol:

I managed to avoid the leaked still, and I'm so glad I did. The reveal was much better then I had imagined it might be. The movement just added to the grotesque nature of it, far more effective than the static glimpse I was expecting. Both Arya and the Hound's reaction sealed the deal. I'm well impressed.

I came across the still by accident, and I thought: "that looks terrible!" I'm glad it was clearly refined a bit.

Same for me. As sad as the RW was, I surprisingly wasn't as emotionally gutted as I thought I would be, but seeing Grey Wind's head on Robb seemed much more tragic+horrific...I'm not entirely sure why.

agreed.

I was so sure they wouldn't go as far as to show it, talk about it, yes, but not have it there. I'm glad they did for the effect and Arya's storyline, but I don't really want to go back and see it again :(

The Freys cheerfully chanting, parading the fallen king around while slaughtering his men (the ones still alive would have to see that), Arya not seeing her brother in months but getting a glimpse of him in the most horrible way....it was a very haunting scene- it added fuel to my Frey hate and gave me more sympathy for the path Arya's going to take.

I also liked the (sad) parallel between Arya and Sansa- Sansa saw her father's staked head and Arya saw RobbWind- the Hound being in both scenes providing... tough comfort.

Overall, the scene was much better than I hoped for, however, I really wish Robb had a crown- it's sentimental for Lady Stoneheart later on.

When I saw the leaked still I thought it looked silly, but I have to admit that it looked much better in the show, the effect was more realistic, and the scene heartachingly painful to watch. Arya's face made me want to cry.

My stomach clenched up when I heard the "King in the North" chanting and they did not disappoint. What an opener, jesus.

I have to say that scene was devastatingly magnificent... I avoided that still so I didn't know it was coming, and when they started chanting King in the North, I couldn't understand it until I saw the wolf head...

Yeah it looked a lot better than that still looks, what with the dark surroundings and moving picture. But did they change it from sowing the head to just putting it on a spike? Looked like a spike in the show but that bannerman talked about sewing it...

I totally thought they were done with RW on the show because that part is just... Ugh, I dunno. To me, the whole RW was more brutal than anything else they've shown thus far-- We were even given a bit of a break when Ned died. I'm used to seeing random bannermen killed here and there, and wildlings, and whomever else, but I just can't... I just didn't want to see that with my own eyes at all. It was bad enough the first time round in my head.

Am I the only one who thinks the Google title is so inappropriate today...it reminds me of RobbWind.

:lol: Dude I thought the exact same thing. I was like "Oh shit is that a GoT tribute?... Oh."

Where The Wild Things Are rules though.

I actually gasped pretty loud when I first saw them parading him around. I thought at best maybe they'd show his body in a chair with Greywind's head already on, but when they brought it out with the horse... it was almost too much.

edit: Creative Writing major here, and any little spelling error drives me crazy.

Archived