[Book Spoilers] Robb and Grey Wind

Broken Fox

I foolishly thought that since this didn't happen in the previous episode that they had decided not to include it in the show at all and I was so relieved. This desecration is absolutely my most hated event of the books.

Luckily I was able to avoid seeing it when they did dhow it. I just couldn't look.

You should watch it again and look this time. Having that image nestled close to your heart will greatly increase your satisfaction when Lady Stoneheart starts making Christmas ornaments out of Freys and hanging them from every tree in the Riverlands.

You should watch it again and look this time. Having that image nestled close to your heart will greatly increase your satisfaction when Lady Stoneheart starts making Christmas ornaments out of Freys and hanging them from every tree in the Riverlands.

:drool:

I actually thought the original killing wasn't as shocking as it was when I read the book but the part with Grey wind's head on Robbs body was exactly how I pictured it and I was wondering whether it would be in, but it was and it was the saddest, most depressing part for me.

I agree, I can't look at that scene anymore.

the problem i have with this is that when grey wind was killed arya saw him with his mouth closed and then his eyes finally closed after he was unloaded on by crossbows. in this picture it makes it look like grey wind was fighting someone before he finally died. i wish arya actaully freed him and then he at least killed some freys before he died instead of being put down like a sick dog.

I think it would have been too emotionally jarring to see Grey Wind fighting for his life while getting filled with bolts and arrows and finally being overwhelmed. I'm glad they handled it how they did.

He should've gone out fighting... just like everyone else did, nobody fought and it was a slaughter in the show. It was a slaughter in the books but the NORTHMEN fought dammit. It was still so sad. RobbWind.. just like I imagined it.. especially when they were chanting The King In The North, angry tears, angry my friends

i wish arya actaully freed him and then he at least killed some freys before he died instead of being put down like a sick dog.

I actually think it's MORE heartbreaking the way they did it in the show. Grey Wind wasn't even allowed the basic dignity or honor of fighting for his life. Neither he nor Robb get to "go down fighting." They're just cut down like animals. Unceremoniously.

I liked that Grey Wind died BEFORE Rob in the show, as opposed to afterwards. Once you see the wolf lying dead on the ground, you know there's no way Robb is getting out of that hall alive. Because what would he escape to? Everything's gone. It's over.

the problem i have with this is that when grey wind was killed arya saw him with his mouth closed and then his eyes finally closed after he was unloaded on by crossbows. in this picture it makes it look like grey wind was fighting someone before he finally died. i wish arya actaully freed him and then he at least killed some freys before he died instead of being put down like a sick dog.

That's what I thought at first too. However, I think the Freys opened his mouth and eyes to give him a more brutal look- further disgracing and mocking 'The Young Wolf.'

The Freys are disgusting and sadistic. I think this scene did good at highlighting that by showing they actually enjoyed slaughtering their guests and prided themselves in killing 'The King in the North' :angry2:

I guess I'm the only one that didn't cry :\ It definitely messed with my heads in the books, but that was a long time ago..I could probably re-watch this scene 1000 times and not be affected. I wish it was inside the Twins near Walder. I think the characters died in the books to me - the show doesn't really reignite old feelings...I have to read the text for that.

Archived