[Book Spoilers] Robb and Grey Wind

Broken Fox

Call me heartless, but the first thing that came to mind when i saw that scene was "Wow. They managed to put that together quickly. Arya just saw Grey Wind shot like a minute ago"

I actually had the same thought. How could they have done that so fast?

It was too soon for sewing, hence the spike holding the parts together :(.

It could be that the sewing was done later in the night. In any case, if the Frey man who was bragging that he'd done the sewing had in fact done it, that was a needed piece of vengeance for Arya. That was the part that killed me, that she had to see it, rather than just hearing about it as a rumor.

I didn't think it would make it into the show. Part of me hoped it wasn't true, it was just a rumor the Freys spread. I burst into tears. I wasn't prepared, and the fact that Arya saw it made it even worse. I can't even click on the OP's link to the picture. I never want to see that again. :crying:

Call me heartless, but the first thing that came to mind when i saw that scene was "Wow. They managed to put that together quickly. Arya just saw Grey Wind shot like a minute ago"

The Hound knocked her out and took her away. So I suppose it was enough time for Arya to wake up, I'm guessing the reason it took so long for the Hound/Arya to get out of their was as to not attract to much attention to themselves.

This scene was horrific but it cuts to the point and fuels our rightful hatred and Arya's. i was very touched when Sandor (the hound) took a Direwolf banner, as it to save it from destruction. I thought that was very moving. I would love to see the hound in the books eventually fight for the Starks.

Thought it was a nice nod to the book...wasn't a necessary inclusion by any means, but if anyone thought the Freys were justified in doing the RW, this hopefully takes them past that to figure out the point of what the RW was.

A few days ago I said I imagined the scene with the Freys mocking the chant "king in the north! king in the north!" but maybe that would be a bit too much but.....well, they did...and I thought it was so cruel I have no words. I fucking hate the Freys and I'm not even a Stark fan (not a hater either)

(I had seen the spoiler pic but anyway, that hurt :( )

Thought it was a nice nod to the book...wasn't a necessary inclusion by any means, but if anyone thought the Freys were justified in doing the RW, this hopefully takes them past that to figure out the point of what the RW was.

Does- does anyone genuinely believe this

hahaha. If so, I'm gonna assume they're being contrarian just for the sake of having ~unique opinions~.

Didn't think it could be worse than how I pictured it but it was. In my head Robb was just seated in a chair being displayed. But how they did it with Robbs body tied to a stake on a horse, crudely placed GreyWinds head on and had him bouncing around with the mock chanting 'Here comes the King in the North.' Wow that was tough, and then Walder/Roose making fun. Ugh just blood boiling, I think I had the same look on my face as the Hound. That put the scene over the top, seeing the incredulous looks on Arya/Hound as they witnessed it. The Hound was perfect, had a 'wtf am i seeing' look on his face. I hate that this happened to Robb but if they were gonna do it i'm glad they got it right.

And I was so so happy to see Arya/Hound exact some justice on the Freys. Plus the Rat Cook story leading in to Walder/Roose gloating, great stuff. The show really nailed the fallout from the RW.

Does- does anyone genuinely believe this

hahaha. If so, I'm gonna assume they're being contrarian just for the sake of having ~unique opinions~.

Sadly there have been threads in the past that tried to justify the insult to the Frey honor and heritage required an action like this.

Archived