[Book Spoilers] Robb and Grey Wind

Broken Fox

The scene where Bronn saves the hound is series-only, doesn't appear in the books.

(also I'm pretty sure that the talk about killing a newborn between Tyrion and Bronn

only occurs in the books)

I always felt like Bronn was made more charismatic and less cruel in the show,

but neither book- nor showBronn would have saved Arya, both would've sould

(thus effectively killed her) to the Frey's without thinking twice.

The Bronn newborn thing happened in the show too. Same episode Slynt gets sent packing to the wall.

I agree with others that this was worse to me than the RW itself. My blood literally boiled with hate when I saw it. I wanted to kill. I will probably never watch that scene again. When I rewatched earlier today I skipped through it.

Same here, when I rewatched it I skipped that part. It's so hard to watch. Like I said before in this thread, that scene depressed me. I guess the thing that made me go apeshit is when I saw how disgraced Robb was.

LS will get revenge on neither the Freys nor the Boltons. Where has GRRM ever demonstrated in his writing that he pays homage to the righteous revenge cliche? GRRM would sooner have Ramsay flay each main character than give in to such nonsense.

When Robert defeated Rhaegar?

When LS and the BWB hang the Frey in the epilogue?

I think Arya's progression towards becoming a FM is more logical in the HBO series than in the books (of course I love the books though). I think her seeing that abomination with the Grey Wind and Robb and then hearing the Frey assholes talking about killing her mother sets her up for revenge on the Freys some day. In the book the Freys are not even on her list of people to kill, she does not seem to connect the RW to them.

Of course Lady Stoneheart does.....but we need to see more than a few hangings. I have watched the episode twice again since Sunday and I have to close my eyes when that comes on the screen, I just can't see Grey Wind like that. Its too upsetting.

Yep, I really love TV show Hound. I'm really rooting for him to back the Starks (mainly Sansa and Arya) later on and help them get justice. That scene was perfect to introduce the idea.

My favorite line "Next time warn me when you do something like that" Well I paraphrased it, sort of, but you get the point.

I want to watch it again, but I feel somewhat bad for it.

I wish I was unsullied so I could get the full emotional impact of the RW and the aftermath, even knowing beforehand what was gonna happen, it is still one of the hardest things to watch in the show so far.

the problem i have with this is that when grey wind was killed arya saw him with his mouth closed and then his eyes finally closed after he was unloaded on by crossbows. in this picture it makes it look like grey wind was fighting someone before he finally died. i wish arya actaully freed him and then he at least killed some freys before he died instead of being put down like a sick dog.

Brutal absolutely brutal. And worse yet they used a sphere instead of sewing it onto the puppet body which took it to a new level of grotesque. They are really trying to tell everyone this is a brutal world with no mercy .

I think the show was more barbaric with the treatment of Robb. sticking spikes in him and parading him around chanting "Here comes the King in the North" like he's some sort of trophy they won.

I actually thought the original killing wasn't as shocking as it was when I read the book but the part with Grey wind's head on Robbs body was exactly how I pictured it and I was wondering whether it would be in, but it was and it was the saddest, most depressing part for me.

I foolishly thought that since this didn't happen in the previous episode that they had decided not to include it in the show at all and I was so relieved. This desecration is absolutely my most hated event of the books.

Luckily I was able to avoid seeing it when they did dhow it. I just couldn't look.

Archived