[Book Spoilers] Robb and Grey Wind

Broken Fox

That scene was even more heartbreaking than seeing them die during RW. And I didn't expect it. I had prepared myself a fruitplate. Just as I was about to dig in this scene started - and that was the end of my appetite.

I quess the look of complete disgrace of both Wind and Robb was too devastating to watch. :crying:

I didn't think the AGOT crew would have the stones to put it in.

Horrific to watch, but it is still awesome to see that for all the departures from the books, many of the bigger mental images continue to make it in.

It could've easily been goofy to the point of taking you out of the experience, but they managed to make it almost universally horrible. I even expected a few cracks from a couple of the jackass dudebros I watch with after the way they reacted to Cat after last episode; nothing but disgust.

The way the head's propped up is unique, but I didn't even connect the discrepancy in my mind of the poles holding the head/later the dude talking about sewing it until I read it on here. Huh.

Also an online buddy just sent this to me and I can't stop laughing

http://i.imgur.com/eZhZRtx.gif

I wasn't shocked, thought it wouldn't be beyond HBO. Honestly thought the fighting happening around the Twins was more awesome and suitably visceral. Random beheadings, men on fire, men on both fronts dying savagely, with Roose scanning the scene at the start... incredible. So that's where the budget went. HBO would be good buddies with Walder Frey since they gave his horrendous act a healthy dose of screentime (as they should).

Robbwind was the icing on a particularly hard to look at cake.

With Cat (or Talisa, if they wanted to up the ante), I think the naked body dumping would've been a step across the line in terms of gratutitiousness. Frey and Bolton have already been established as massive traitorous bellends by the fandom, as they have for over a decade by us book fans, and I don't think any more was needed to make them appear that way.

So how exactly was the head being held up? Was there a pole? stuck into the body? What were all those strings between the head and body?

It was a stake stabbed into the decapitated head area and holding the wolf head further up the stake. :ack:

Personally, I found it more disturbing than the head being sown on.

The only time , for a show with such high quality production values, to blow a prop.

If they can do people's heads so well, why is that direwolf head look like something out of a 1950's Z movie?!

The horse looks sad...it's crying. :crying: And the wolf head was much better in the actual scene, it didn't look as obviously brutal (we didn't get a close up.....thank god!)

It was a stake stabbed into the decapitated head area and holding the wolf head further up the stake. :ack:

Personally, I found it more disturbing than the head being sown on.

Then what were all the stringy things between the head of the wolf and Robb?

Then what were all the stringy things between the head of the wolf and Robb?

I think it was just extra support to keep him from falling of the horse and to keep him upright because the wolf head was very heavy so they needed extra support to stop the body from toppling forward under the weight.

(Gosh, this makes me sick just writing this and picturing it)

What I really liked in that scene was the expression of horror on Hound's face and that he was shocked and felt for Arya - took her away from there fast so she wouldn't see any more of the atrocities.

Yep, I really love TV show Hound. I'm really rooting for him to back the Starks (mainly Sansa and Arya) later on and help them get justice. That scene was perfect to introduce the idea.

I was always a huge advocate of Robbwind Greystark getting the kiss of life from Lady Stoneheart so a werewolf man could terrorize the Riverlands (before too much time had elapsed and it became more unrealistic than it already was due to the body likely having rotted away) -- anyways, after seeing the atrocity on the screen, my mental image has become much less "cool" and much more miserable and tragic, and I'll never be able to think of it the same again.

To me this was critical to show. After seeing them show The Mountain slaughter his horse in Season 1, Lysa nursing Sweet Robin, birthing a shadow, etc., I knew these scenes were fair game. But I wasn't sure if they would have had it in at all. So glad they did. I loved it.

I used to be King in the North....but then I took an arrow to the knee.

And the back, and the front, and I was stabbed, and my head got lopped off. And then they stuck a wolf on it.

Dang. Is there anything those Freys WON'T do?

Archived