Dublin in July?

I'm in a course until 5 on Saturday, but might be able to meet up for dinner after?

My ferry doesn't arrive until 5:25, so that's not a problem. Although by the time I've got off the ferry and got to the hotel, I'll probably just want to have dinner and then sleep, so another day would be better.

Can't guarantee anything, but will do my best. Thursdays are out, but I'll try for most other nights.

I'm leaving Dublin to go to Cork on Thursday, so that's not a problem either.

As for things to do, I know I want to go up to Tara one day. I will be looking at the various tourist websites over the weekend to work out what I want to see/do on the other days.

My ferry doesn't arrive until 5:25, so that's not a problem. Although by the time I've got off the ferry and got to the hotel, I'll probably just want to have dinner and then sleep, so another day would be better.

Bah, sleep is highly overrated, Mr and Mrs Midgetsbane met up with us directly after stepping off a flight from Arizona and didn't yawn once

No, this one's good. It's a craft course at This Is Knit, so not like school work or work work or anything. :lol:

Well, I'm around all the time - work during the week, of course, but I live city centre so evenings are fine with me too. I have another (fun) course Monday night, so that's out, and I'll still be on call until Wednesday lunchtime. So really Wednesday the 10th is best for me. I'll do my best to turn up wherever/whenever!

Sounds like Wednesday would work then. And i'll throw out Sunday as another option, in case that finds favour with people also.

Happy with any day myself. :) And then we just got to come up with a plan on that given day!

I guess it comes down to what you want really?

The Stag's Head and/or Neary's tend to be popular as they are fairly central, have lots of seats, and facilitate chatting. Neither could be particularly described as modern but they are nice. Both south side central city.

You've somewhere like Davy Byrne's for historical / literary connotations.

I'll be honest and say I really don't know what's cool these days,

I'm happy enough to go anywhere. Malt, what would you like - maybe give a list of attributes and we'll play name that bar?

The Stag's Head and/or Neary's tend to be popular as they are fairly central, have lots of seats, and facilitate chatting. Neither could be particularly described as modern but they are nice. Both south side central city.

These both sound good.

Malt, have you any plans yourself Sunday or Wednesday? Might make it easy for us to decide between the 2 days. Sunday gives us a bit more flexibility time-wise but I don't mind really. :)

Stag's Head and Neary's are our traditional places. They just can be very crowded.

Archived