Meanwhile on the Iron Islands (book spoilers)

shimmy

No, they just won't have the Kingsmoot.

Balon will die, Euron will seize power and Victarion? I don't know maybe they'll just cut him out and merge his character with Euron. End of problem.

Jory Cassel mentioned both of them when he was reminiscing with the Kingslayer in season 1.

Jory Cassel mentioned both of them when he was reminiscing with the Kingslayer in season 1.

Not much of a point there, no offense. For all we know, in the show's canon Victarion could already be dead, ala Hoster Tully. I'm counting on it now, actually.

The way they were building up that scene and how much of a total shitbag Balon was had me thinking Asha was going to throw him off the catwalk to his death. I was actually surprised that she didn't after all the crap he said about Theon. The fact Theon sold Robb out for this lump of feces is one of the main reasons why I have not one shred of remorse for Theon's current situation with Ramsey.

The whole 'fastest ship and 50 men' is just what Theon should have done with Winterfell. Sneak attack, take hostages, sack the castle then run back to the ships.

Thats what she is going to do, storm the Dreadfort at night, grab Theon and flee. She doesn't need any more because she's not going to take the castle.

That's what I thought too. Even if she had a strong army, it would be pointless to assault the castle, because Ramsay could just kill Theon if he knew the Ironborn were attacking the castle. A sneak attack is the only way she could succeed.

they really did emphasize on that guy with the scar I was thinking that too..

(null)

Forget Euron....You were looking at Dagmar Cleftjaw greatest fighting Ironman of his generation also I believe beside him was Qarl the Maid one of the best fighters of his generation and Asha/Yara's lover.

That's what I thought too. Even if she had a strong army, it would be pointless to assault the castle, because Ramsay could just kill Theon if he knew the Ironborn were attacking the castle. A sneak attack is the only way she could succeed.

It would change things but, Yara and Theon could still get snatched up at some point after Stannis leaves the Wall.

I see this whole Asha subplot as being indicative of one of three things D+D can do:

The first is that they're simply adding a little wrinkle into the Kingsmoot plot. I can see the fact that Asha has fifty of the Ironborn's best and brightest being an important point in the Kingsmoot. So perhaps Asha tries and fails to rescue Theon (taking the Dreadfort but finding Theon and Ramsay are gone?) and then she gets word of the Kingsmoot and leaves for that.

The second possibility is that D+D are the only people in the world who didn't think it would be a good idea to put the Kingsmoot in S4. This plotline is entirely filler, and absolutely nothing will come of it in 10 episodes.

The third and worst possibility is that they're changing and cutting out loads. Asha gets captured by Stannis on her expedition who takes the Wall early season and then marches on Winterfell. Asha rescues Theon (with no Jeyne) and Jon is assassinated at the end of S4.

The whole 'fastest ship and 50 men' is just what Theon should have done with Winterfell. Sneak attack, take hostages, sack the castle then run back to the ships.

Thats what she is going to do, storm the Dreadfort at night, grab Theon and flee. She doesn't need any more because she's not going to take the castle

Exactly, Yara is wise in ways Theon wasnt.

He should have raided Winterfell and taken loot + Bran/Rickon back to his father because THAT would have won him Balons respect.

The letter scene with Balon and Yara was brilliant and I was just waiting for Balon to ask Yara if she could confirm it was Theons! :ack:

Methinks they're going to push back Balon's death and the kingsmoot for as long as possible, since nothing happens chronologically between the Kingsmoot and the fall of the Shield Islands. You can't just have a game-changer like Euron becoming King and then have him doing nothing for 7-8 episodes.

Methinks they're going to push back Balon's death and the kingsmoot for as long as possible, since nothing happens chronologically between the Kingsmoot and the fall of the Shield Islands. You can't just have a game-changer like Euron becoming King and then have him doing nothing for 7-8 episodes.

Then why not have Kingsmoot late S4, and then S5 opens with the Shield Islands as a backdrop for Victarion leaving for Essos? Simples.

This. I don't know where they're going with this

Asha has to be gone when Balon dies, and have a crew, but she's not at Deepwood Motte like in the book. This is giving her a modest power-base and moving her off-stage. This way, she can return to the II for the succession crisis already ongoing.

Then why not have Kingsmoot late S4, and then S5 opens with the Shield Islands as a backdrop for Victarion leaving for Essos? Simples.

This is what I would do, but it also depends on whether they would include the Battle of Slaver's Bay in season 5. Vic/Euron(I think they might merge the two) setting sail to Meereen in season 5 and still not reaching the city by the end of the season would be a waste of time.

The Season 4 climax will be the fight at Castle Black/Stannis saving everyone. Jon's plotline will end roughly where it did in ASOS, while other characters' plotlines will have likely moved on to AFFC/ADWD.

No idea what's going to happen with Yara. My first thought was she'd find an empty Dreadfort but be unable to pursue further because of the Kingsmoot, but really I have no clue.

IDK about the timing, seems like you need the Kingsmoot earlier for Asha's sake, then slow-roll Victarion somehow.

Have to get Asha caught by Stannis, AFTER the Kingsmoot AFTER he's battling north of the wall, ordering the Night's Watch about, etc. Wouldn't have to be a Deepwood Motte, could just be "on the road."

Need the Wildling amnesty party at Ramsay's wedding, so that has to be after the Watch/Wilding/Stannis battle. Might or might not give the "sliver of Theon remains" action @ Moat Calain in the book.

So those dominos are related to Asha's failure at the Kingsmoot.

But, in terms of Victarion reaching the Valyria / general Slaver's Bay area, we have to get Tyrion's shipwreck on the way to Slaver's bay before that, and you know they aren't going to fast-forward his scenes. So we have to meet Griff et al for a decent amount of time.

Also have to get Prince Doran there (and dead) before that. That you can fast forward, but not a ton unless you unravel the "Sun rises in the West and sets in the East."

Now that I've written it down, I think fairly early Kingsmoot fits better, but agree Shield Islands 0501 or 0502 makes sense.

they really did emphasize on that guy with the scar I was thinking that too..

(null)

He may be a stand-in for Tris Botley. At least in the sense that it's a character noteworthy enough for Asha to speak with, possibly to counsel her WRT Kingsmoot. Probably drop The Reader, maybe give his function to clawed-face guy?

Archived