Meanwhile on the Iron Islands (book spoilers)

shimmy

Ooh maybe a way to introduce Victarion. Book purists shoot me but Vic is going to need a little personality tweaking or else he is going to be nothing more than a dull piece of cranky driftwood, since we won't get his amusing inner thoughts.

Ooh maybe a way to introduce Victarion. Book purists shoot me but Vic is going to need a little personality tweaking or else he is going to be nothing more than a dull piece of cranky driftwood, since we won't get his amusing inner thoughts.

Both Mance and Tormund (although Tormund to a lesser degree) got boring'd, I don't know why they'd do the opposite to Vic.

Maybe they don't intend to pursue the whole Kingsmoot storyline in the next season. I mean why the heck cast Balon's actor for a useless scene when he's supposed to be dead long ago? Also I'm not seeing what will be the outcome of this rescue. It must be one 3 choices: They intend to kill Asha, remove her as a candidate for the Kingsmoot or simply to make Balon die right away and then she's forced to return ...but how the hell will she get the news in deep sea? Even with the fastest ship, her mission is going to take a large amount of time.

Even Tyrion's quote of "Kings are dying as flies" was rather unsuitable considering that Balon wasn't dead yet.

50 mean bastard Iron born will go a get my brothers sausage back from that bastard.

Just a small thought what happened to the last raiding party? What lands and castles had Balon Greyjoy taken from the North that he didn't want to yeild? After naming his commander previously in the season to oversee that venture. He will hold then so well from Castle Wyk, 50 men should be able to do that job though.

A stinker for holes this episode.

What's her plan. Does she want to cross Westeros by land or by sea? If she sails of the fever river she can introduce us to Victarion and Moat Caillin. If she goes round Westeros than the only possibility is to skip her involvement in the Kingsmoot entirely. I just can't see her attacking the dreadfort.

What's her plan. Does she want to cross Westeros by land or by sea? If she sails of the fever river she can introduce us to Victarion and Moat Caillin. If she goes round Westeros than the only possibility is to skip her involvement in the Kingsmoot entirely. I just can't see her attacking the dreadfort.

She said she was going to sail up the Narrow Sea. So, basically, all the way around Westeros.

I really liked this change. I am all for Asha/Yara setting out to save her brother. I am wondering if she will be caught in the Narrow Sea by Stannis' forces as they head to the Wall and if that is how she will be captured by Stannis, cutting out the Moat Cailin sequence. She will most likely have to end up with Stannis if she and Theon are part of the battle for Winterfell and he will be fighting against the Bolton forces holding Theon.

I really liked that change and am interested in seeing where HBO takes it. I was cheering for Yara the Warrior!

I liked it in that it declared how Asha feels about her brother, and how she wants him back. It was also great to see Gemma Whelan and Patrick Malahide again, because they're both awesome characters that played no part this year, and are now set up again to appear in the future.

On the subject of the Kingsmoot and Yara not attending, later she wishes to overturn the decision because Theon wasn't present. I believe her not being there would be an adequate enough reason to overturn it too.

I really liked that change and am interested in seeing where HBO takes it. I was cheering for Yara the Warrior!

Definitely this. Asha/Yara has always been a huge favorite of mine so I'm pumped.

I don't know how her actress is so disliked; slap some darker hair on her and she's pretty much exactly how I imagined Asha from her description in the books. Cool, confident, and not traditionally stunning but very rogueishly attractive.

I think that they change this on purpose. Next season will be Mereen take over for danny. Season 5 will probably end with Tyrion getting captured by Jorah or maybe even a littlebit later captured by the slavetraders. So season 6 will be danny leaving and the battle at Mereen where Victorian will enter Mereen. This means that the Kingsmoot need to be in season 5. I think they change it this way. So the battle in the ice can be season 5. And the battle in Mereen season 6.

So probably Balon dies after Joffrey.

I have to say that I actually loved this change. Asha/Yara is my one and only favorite Greyjoy and I just love seeing her have such as bad-ass moment. It was great and I think it will be a good filler storyline for next season before all of the kingsmoot stuff, which shouldn't happen until the end of next season or the start of season 5.

I liked it in that it declared how Asha feels about her brother, and how she wants him back. It was also great to see Gemma Whelan and Patrick Malahide again, because they're both awesome characters that played no part this year, and are now set up again to appear in the future.

On the subject of the Kingsmoot and Yara not attending, later she wishes to overturn the decision because Theon wasn't present. I believe her not being there would be an adequate enough reason to overturn it too.

That's true but I don't know. Such a massive scene with entirely new characters? I thought that Asha would be the show-only viewers way in, they already know her and who she is, and she can give exposition about the other characters if they cut her it would be such a dive into the deep end.

That's true but I don't know. Such a massive scene with entirely new characters? I thought that Asha would be the show-only viewers way in, they already know her and who she is, and she can give exposition about the other characters if they cut her it would be such a dive into the deep end.

No, they just won't have the Kingsmoot.

Balon will die, Euron will seize power and Victarion? I don't know maybe they'll just cut him out and merge his character with Euron. End of problem.

^^ It's been a while since I read AFFC, but I'm pretty sure the only reason the Kingsmoot occurs is because Aeron calls it because there is the question of the throne going to Euron or Asha (direct heirs, depending on whether girls count), and he thinks Euron shouldn't get the throne because 'no godless man may sit on the seastone chair', so it goes to Victarion (Victarion is younger than Euron, right?). If Asha is off rescuing Theon, and they cut Aeron, the throne goes straight to Euron, since Victarion is too dumb to contest the throne himself.

I am a bit confused where they are going with this. The only way I can see it playing out is if Asha learns of Balon's death while besieging the Dreadfort, and she decides to head back.

Not the best idea, but it's all I got.

I think the scene with Asha/Yara declaring that she was going to gather the 50 best killers on the Iron Islands and rescue her brother from the Dreadfort was one of the better GoT moments that wasn't in the books. It was also the first time that I genuinely liked an Ironborn scene and it makes me optimistic for Asha/Yara's future on the show.

That scene and Arya's first man-kill were the only goosebump inducing moments last night for me.

Archived