[No Spoilers] EP310 Discussion

Ran

Spoiler-free discussion of the show goes here, for those who want to discuss the episode without any reference to the books whatsoever or other spoiler material

This topic should open automatically around the start of airing.

I felt bad for this thread since nobody posted, so I thought I would give it one. I didn't think the episode was anything special and the Sam and Bran stuff just bugged me. It was flat, Ramsay comes off as an evil Hobbit, Asha and 50 men vs. the Dreadfort, advantage Dreadfort. The acting was ok, I am a Dany fan but that ending was just blah. The Jon and Yiggy scene was??? I don't know what the hell it is, "I have to go home" How the hell did she catch Jon and why is she alone? Brans off to save the world, hey great his story just changed and of course Sam buys it for no reason and is like yeah go ahead have fun.

i thought it would have been a better season finale if it ended on a cliff hanger,but im glad they dident,lol. overall i enjoyed it.

and i know this is bad but where in the book is this? i want to read the books but im not much of a reader and i get bored reading things when i know what happens next.

i thought it would have been a better season finale if it ended on a cliff hanger,but im glad they dident,lol. overall i enjoyed it.

and i know this is bad but where in the book is this? i want to read the books but im not much of a reader and i get bored reading things when i know what happens next.

This is about 2/3s of A Storm of Swords. Bran's ASOS arc ends with this episode, and his chapters from the following books will feature next season.

Edited by Pinkie Baelish

Good episode , I rly hope Arya kills them all :) . That scene where they put wolfs head on robb was awful for me , rly i feel sick when i remember it :S .

Ending was pretty good , i must say i expected some rly good end , season end . This was a episode ending style not season but ok i can live with that

Long time shall pass untill the next season :)

I thought it was a good show, but an underwhelming ending. Also, I was hoping they would end with something other than Dany. It seems like she is the most important player to the show producers. The other seasons ended with game changers. Season 1, Dany has dragons. Season 2, oh crap giant army of zombies on the march. Season 3, Dany has a bunch of hungry mouths to feed?

Agree with the general consesus in here. The episode was decent, but the ending was too anti climactic/cheerful for a season finale. I personally prefer cliffhangers.

Season two had a clif hanger that was never resolved. A promise of a kick-ass zombie fight at the Fist. Never shown.

I'd rather no promises than empty ones.

Can anyone explain why it took so long for Melisandre to see the White Walker threat? More importantly, how did this somehow slip past the all powerful lord of light? Seems kind of hard to swallow that she never knew this and now Stannis is suddenly willing to throw away his quest for the throne and head up north to fight zombies. Is there an explanation or is this just a plot hole (no spoilers please)?

Edited by stanley

Can anyone explain why it took so long for Melisandre to see the White Walker threat? More importantly, how did this somehow slip past the all powerful lord of light? Seems kind of hard to swallow that she never knew this and now Stannis is suddenly willing to throw away his quest for the throne and head up north to fight zombies. Is there an explanation or is this just a plot hole (no spoilers please)?

Feels like a plot hole to me. The LoL SHOULD HAVE been paying attention to the north. I always got the impression that Stannis becoming king was just a step in the war against the Others.

Edited by ExBruinsFan

It was a decent episode, but felt more like a story-building episode from the 2nd half of a season (e.g. episode 7 or 8), not like a season finale. And in fact it was a story-building episode I guess, setting up lots of potential highlights for season 4. However, it all felt somewhat incomplete - not this positive sort of incomplete as in a cliffhanger ending, but rather just incomplete. Many story lines are sort of in limbo right now and the points at which some of the stories ended this season just seem very awkward. To me it feels as if this season needed another 1-2 episodes to give it a proper ending.

That being said, the upside of this strange constellation is that we'll certainly have a LOT to look forward to in season 4. Now as a non-book-reader I can only guess, but if this final episode did any good, then it was setting the stage for some potentially epic showdowns, meet-ups and confrontations in season 4. Here's what I expect, judging from the allusions and foreshadowing that's been going on in this episode:

• Tywin vs. Joffrey: this seems to lead to a major confrontation, and right now Joffrey seems absolutely lost in this situation. And then all of Cersei's talk about how she loves her children, even Joffrey, and that no one can take that away from her. And from what we've seen so far, such statements are dangerous in the GoT world as they almost always imply that the exact opposite is gonna happen.
  • Cersei and Jamie: while their reunion definitely was among the biggest let-downs in this final episode (besides the actual final scene with Dany), I guess we'll have some amazing dialog-driven scenes to look forward to here. Already in this final episode she realized that he's no longer the same person, that he's definitely changed. And I guess it will be very hard for her to cope with this new Jamie Lannister.
  • "Winter is coming": if even Melisandre says that the War of the Five Kings is less important than the dangers coming from north of the Wall,then this means that things are gonna get truly serious. I don't know what exactly to expect, but it'll sure as hell be mind-blowing.
  • Roose Bolton vs. Walder Frey: now we all know that Roose Bolton is a dangerous man (especially after episode 09), and I couldn't help but notice the way he glanced at Walder Frey. I think the old man's gonna get what he deserves, especially since...
  • ... Bran's story about how the Old Gods punished people who violate guest rights. That however would imply that Bolton as well gets punished, a feat that could only be accomplished by...
  • ... Theon's sister and her elite killer army of 50 people. This is gonna be a very cool showdown, at least I hope so. I love Yara, definitely my favorite member of House Greyjoy.

• "Winter is coming": if even Melisandre says that the War of the Five Kings is less important than the dangers coming from north of the Wall,then this means that things are gonna get truly serious. I don't know what exactly to expect, but it'll sure as hell be mind-blowing.

Yeah, I figure this has to evolve soon, the war is over although the danger from the other side of the narrow sea (Dany) is coming closer albeit no one knows that or believes that. Stannis storyline seems to have gotten nowhere during this season, I assume he's going to be more active soon.

uly serious. I don't know what exactly to expect, but it'll sure as hell be mind-blowing.
  • Roose Bolton vs. Walder Frey: now we all know that Roose Bolton is a dangerous man (especially after episode 09), and I couldn't help but notice the way he glanced at Walder Frey. I think the old man's gonna get what he deserves, especially since...
  • ... Bran's story about how the Old Gods punished people who violate guest rights. That however would imply that Bolton as well gets punished, a feat that could only be accomplished by...
  • ... Theon's sister and her elite killer army of 50 people. This is gonna be a very cool showdown, at least I hope so. I love Yara, definitely my favorite member of House Greyjoy.

I hope youre right and bran's story is probably not meaningless so hopefully there will be some vengance though I fear it wont be from the Starks.

About Arya I assume she now again will be in contact with the faceless men and eventually become one of them herself. That can only be awesome.

If it actually happens, it will, but plans can go astray. It would have been very cool for Robb to plunder Casterly Rock.

About Arya I assume she now again will be in contact with the faceless men and eventually become one of them herself. That can only be awesome.

You're right, this sounds awesome! I wasn't quite sure where Arya's storyline would take her, but that definitely seems to be a likely possibility. Now it also makes sense that the producers reminded us of her "Valor Morghulis" coin in the scene where she stabbed the Frey soldier, so that we'd remember it once she finally meets someone from Braavos.

Now I think the Hound's gonna turn evil again - because let's face it, in his very soul he's still an evil man, let us be deceived by his seemingly nice behavior in the last couple of episodes - and try to sell her to the Lannisters, because that's where he's most likely going to get the best price for her now that Rob and Cat are dead. But she escapes and manages to join the Braavosi Faceless Men. Hey this is truly amazing, I really hope your theory turns out to be true :)

Edited by MockingbirdSpider

and try to sell her to the Lannisters, because that's where he's most likely going to get the best price for her now that Rob and Cat are dead.

Arya has still family left, the blackfish might pay for her or her aunt Lysa or maybe even the Tyrells, the Lannisters aren't the only option.