[Book Spoilers] EP310 Discussion

Ran

I am so upset. Are you fucking kidding? The last 6 minutes is Dany walking around? %@%K@L%K@

I keep telling you they are Dany fanboys.

I thought it was actually a good episode except the Dany stuff completely did not belong and I had convinced myself I was wrong about Michelle Fairely and they would do Lady Stoneheart so that was too bad.

NO UNCAT WHAT? I don't like her like her, but I feel like she serves as necessary function in the book. And I think if you're going to have her, it had to be at the end of this episode... bringing her back next season doesn't work for me in terms of pacing. There's a reason she was at the very end of the third book, and even though I know that is technically the end of next season, I think the point was that you needed her at the end of the "unit" dealing with the RW, which is season 3 in show world. Also, she seems so important to Jaime/Brienne's storyline to me.

Speaking of which, I am following along online til I can watch the episode - did they come back to KL this ep or what?

Too many characters in the last episode, too rushed.

And no LS for the finale. I don't know if I felt dissapointed because I was totally conviced she (LS) would appear at the ending, or because Dany's scene was dull? Perhaps I had too many expectations.

If they leave the GreyJoys out they mise well leave out the Martell.

I don't like what they have done. I felt that Balon should have died this episode and we should have gotten the first rumblings of a kingsmoot. Maybe even a shot of the Silence coming in.

Edited by Tom son of Tom

Wow I was not expecting people to think it sucked so bad. Seriously, I DIED at the council meeting, it was the most beautiful thing ever. My baby Arya seeing GreyRobb broke my heart, and I am not hating Tyrion and Sansa. Almost the cutest thing ever, I... I think I ship them now (only in the show). And Arya finally doing the coin trick, although I don't know why she didn't tell the Hound that she killed the stableboy. The Ygritte scene was SO dumb though, they could have cut it out and just had her turn against him in the first place like they did in the books. It was super out of place. I liked the Rat Cook story.

Yeah the ending was pretty ridiculous and I'm sad about UnCat too, but I wasn't hating this finale. I wonder if Gendry is going to end back up in the Riverlands instead of KL and no idea where they are going with the Yara plot.

I thought the episode would feel rushed, because they brought so many characters into the episode.

However, I was pleasantly surprised. I thought each scene was well done.

Except for the Dany scene, and she's my favorite character. :frown5:

That last scene disturbingly reminded me of some idealized fantasy about what the US fighting with Iraq was about. "Liberating" the people from the evil regime in place and all.

Liked the Arya scene with the Freys- glad they finally worked it in that she herself is capable of murder. Liked the opening with RobbWind- putting him on a horse accentuated the effect. But there were a bunch of things that stuck out that i didn't like at all. The Dany finale was a contrived attempt at a climax that didn't come close to episode 4 and wasn't really worthy of closing the episode-perhaps ending with that plus a LS introduction would have been better. The Jon Ygritte scene was too heavy on the cliche love story. The Sansa/Tyrion scene was way too buddy buddy. The reveal of Ramsay as a Bolton was also understated considering all the time they've wasted on Theon and his dick. Finally, they seem to have at least one "junk" story line in the works for next season with Asha. They'll probably also show Stannis sailing to the wall a lot now that they blew that secret.