[Book Spoilers] EP310 Discussion

Ran

1- WTF have they done to Stannis? He FUCKING LAUGHED.

I knew people would complain about that. He's not Tywin Lannister, he has smiled more than once and even barked a laugh in the 1st Jon chapter is ADwD.

good on them for keeping the Rat Cook story.

But Gilly's baby has a name?? Roose Bolton smiling and japing with Walder Frey? Sansa all carefree with Tyrion? idk. Kind of a hot mess. And Cersei would never say Joffrey was a cruel monster or whatever.

Hot mess? Has somebody been watching Arrested Development?

Well was an episode to put things together for next season, it seems, so that's why so many people were a bit frustrated. I was frustrated as well. I know that it was a long shot to see LS in this season finale, of course it would be great to see her, but I get why she wasn't there. However I expected to see Coldhands in this season as the last chance wad tonight and no luck, so there I got upset. On all the episode my favorite is Arya's scene.

Loved it they needed to end the episode on a high note after last weeks Red Wedding. Also, never thought I would say this, but I love show Yara I fist pumped when she said she's going to march on the Dreadfort.

I loved that scene too. I wish she would have gone on a bit more honestly. Something about the Ironborn being bad asses. The non book crowd needs to understand that the Ironborn don't fuck around.

i thought it was a pretty good episode. however, i'm annoyed that they're making Stannis a total dick. it's like tvStannis doesn't give a shit if Davos lives or dies which makes Davos' devout loyalty to him really weird.

Dany, the snow white Queen, being lifted onto the hands of a bunch of brown folks was a little facepalm inducing, though. Plus, I thought the acting was those extras was a little stale -- did they not feed them lunch so as to go for a more authentic feel?

I mentioned this in one of my posts and I think people are definitely going to comment on this. I already see some people groaning about it on my Facebook newsfeed lol. I am an ardent defender of the show and I feel grateful that D&D have brought my favorite novels to the screen but that scene, if it's NOT a subtle critique of Dany's messiah complex, is the worst scene they've ever done. Laughably bad.

The episode was perfectly fine, it just didn't meet expectations that alot of us had, chiefly Stoneheart (I can't HELP those of you who thought the Purple Wedding was coming LOL)

I mean we got the Rat Cook and RobbWind! Pleasant surprises!

I think the Dragonstone stuff and Jon/Ygritte was fine, you guys are just nitpicking.

and from what reactions I'm reading from non-readers, they LOVED the Tyrion-Cersei stuff. Anything King's Landing or Lannister related is pure GOLD to the audience.

Edited by JonDunn

well i didnt expect the finale to be as crazy as the previous episode and i liked that they set up things perfectly for next season i think the whole yara trying to kill ramsay and bring back theon will be great tv and i kinda hope they have roose tell his son to hunt down bran and rickon or both since they need them dead

other than that only one scene with selyse this whole season? did we really nedd to see shae this episode? why didnt they throw lady starks body in the river so that we can further hate the freys. not a bad episode at all but it was missing something well maybe it was the way it ended with dany that scene was cool in the book but not an interesting way to end the season with if u ask me

Unless the next episode starts right where this left off (unlikely), they're skipping over a ton of reactions to stuff that I would have thought they would have shown (even if, in a lot of cases, we didn't actually "see" them in the books). In King's Landing alone, it didn't look like Jaime or Brienne heard about the Red Wedding, we only got a brief snippet of Sansa's, no reaction from J/B to learning about Sansa's marriage, nothing from anybody but Cersei about Jaime's hand, none of the KL crew's reactions to Brienne's existence, etc.

Edited by Colonel Green

The Westerosi dick in a box was interesting. I'll have to add that song to my Game of Thrones playlist.

Oh my god. I bet that's what they were going for, too.

Ask yourself when have D&D been subtle and you have you answer. Dany=messiah. Straight up.

Exactly. It's not a hint or a commentary, they just like to play it straight. Like Robb the young brave hero king who married for luuuurve.

Looks like they covered about 65% of the book according to my Kindle, though they are behind on Jon's story. The wildlings should have attacked the wall by now and Ygritte should have died. LS was in the end of the book so I didn't expect her to make an appearance. No Coldhands was disappointing. Balon's lack of a death was also disappointing, but I'm sure it will happen. Asha will not get to the Dreadfort, she will turn around when Balon dies.

I love Arya's killing of the Frey guy which reminded us of what they left out in Harrenhal, best part of the episode. RobbWind was quite disturbing, they could have just mentioned it. Ygritte hitting Jon with not one, but three arrows?! Bitch! I dont feel that Stannis was ruined too much but I've only read the books once. He seems close enough to me. I never really shipped him.

Overall sucky season ending. Worst one so far. But it won't stop me from watching.

The episode was perfectly fine, it just didn't meet expectations that alot of us had, chiefly Stoneheart (I can't HELP those of you who thought the Purple Wedding was coming LOL)

I mean we got the Rat Cook and RobbWind! Pleasant surprises!

I think the Dragonstone stuff and Jon/Ygritte was fine, you guys are just nitpicking.

and from what reactions I'm reading from non-readers, they LOVED the Tyrion-Cersei stuff. Anything King's Landing or Lannister related is pure GOLD to the audience.

really? the complaints about Stannis are way more than just a little nitpicking. His character is completely different.