[Book Spoilers] EP310 Discussion

Ran

And I doubt they will, but if they do cut out the Kingsmoot and Euron I'm done with the show.

A part of me kinda likes the whole Yara rescue mission thing but not at the expense of the Kingsmoot story. If they are going to have Yara turn around before reaching the Dreadfort then why not start the Kingsmoot story this episode with Balon's death?

I also felt the Ramsay and Reek scene was the perfect blend of crazy.

Ramsay seemed totally off his rocker at times, and then when he was face to face with Theon, I was wondering if he was going to kiss or lick his neck or something. They're definitely adding the sexual element to the relationship between Ramsay and Reek now.

Short Nitpick: Yara's mission, or at least her geography, seemed pretty damn off. It sounded like she was implying the Iron Islands were on the other side of the continent. Unless she can sail through the Neck (which she can't), or they just don't care about timing at all, it seems very unlikely we'll see a Kingsmoot next season, at least through her eyes. It was hard for me to care very much about that sideplot while reading AFFC, it'd be even harder with no known characters on the Iron Islands. Might set up Moat Cailin flayin' though. Really felt like Balon should've kicked it this week.

And you know they are playing Shae COMPLETELY straight. Like she's not even a prostitute with a heart of gold anymore, she's practically a saint.

For a second there I actually thought she was going to leave so Tyrion wouldn't have to kill her...

Why are everybody thinking there will be no LadyStonehart?

1- She appears in the end dof book 3 (so.. that would leave her to season 4)

2- Her body has to be in the river for 1 on 2 weeks before Nymeria gets her out...

3- Beric will die when she raises... so if Beric would die now, that would sound rush, and ruin all the time they expend on BWB...

4- for UnCat to make a ruge impact, people have to accept her deat and forget about her...

So.. i'm preeeeetty sure we will still see her in seasn 4!

The Yara stand alone story doesn't strike me as a substitute for the kingsmoot per se; more as a way to fill up time next season since they are actually way more than halfway through and the last third of ASOS is focused on KL and the wall heavily.

For a second there I actually thought she was going to leave so Tyrion wouldn't have to kill her...

Yeah it almost gave me a heart attack. That and the cheesy ygritte/jon scene in close proximity made me think they are trolling book readers hard.

Me too!

Ramsay seemed totally off his rocker at times, and then when he was face to face with Theon, I was wondering if he was going to kiss or lick his neck or something. They're definitely adding the sexual element to the relationship between Ramsay and Reek now.

yeah you know the ramsay/reek shippers were howling through that scene

I loved that scene too. I wish she would have gone on a bit more honestly. Something about the Ironborn being bad asses. The non book crowd needs to understand that the Ironborn don't fuck around.

Marching on the Dreadfort with 50 men....is retarded.

They'll end up being the next Reeks.

Yes...I totally felt that vibe too and I'm glad that the show is "going there" because I have always felt it was a strong undercurrent in their dynamic.

For the massive amount of people that hate UnCat in the books, I cannot fathom how so many people are disappointed with no LSH reveal this episode. And if there was a LSH reveal, you know all these same people would be complaining that it was too early for this reveal and it is so chronologically out of order since it happens in the ASOS epilogue.

Ok.

Horribly shocked and bummed that they did not end with the Lady Stoneheart scene, but otherwise loved the ep; that is, except the Dany ending which was lame by comparison. I just hope this doesn't mean that they are skipping Lady Stoneheart. And where the fuck is Cold Hands? If Cold hands is Benjen then won't that be important? However, I guess he could just meet up with Bran and crew later...

The biggest thing I take away is that I loved the way they have handled Arya's story arch as far as making it something the show watchers cane get behind and believe.

The scene with Arya seeing Grey Wind's head on top of Robb's body was, in my opinion, the most powerful of the episode. And then, when they first have her actually kill someone on purpose it's these Frey assholes making jokes about murdering her brother. After everything she has seen and been through and after everything the audience has been through, not only do we accept such a young girl killing in cold blood but we root for her because shit, somebody's gotta get some righteous motherfucking Stark vengeance! I miss the weasel soup and the kill to escape from Harrnehal but I have to say I really think they have done a great job setting up where Arya's character is going. And I love that they used the coin dropping trick from the aforementioned escape.

I cannot wait for more Arya and the hound next season!

Why are everybody thinking there will be no LadyStonehart?

1- She appears in the end dof book 3 (so.. that would leave her to season 4)

2- Her body has to be in the river for 1 on 2 weeks before Nymeria gets her out...

3- Beric will die when she raises... so if Beric would die now, that would sound rush, and ruin all the time they expend on BWB...

4- for UnCat to make a ruge impact, people have to accept her deat and forget about her...

So.. i'm preeeeetty sure we will still see her in seasn 4!

Timing is irrelevant in the books considering what they have done so far.

Do you really think they are going to devote that many segments to Cat, her getting fished out of the river, and Beric reviving her, considering how little screen time she got when she was ALIVE and that Lady Stoneheart doesn't actually do anything but hang one Frey and then meet up with Brienne.

I guess I see it the opposite, the RW will be forgotten by next year, the time to make an impact on the audience is now.

Marching on the Dreadfort with 50 men....is retarded.

They'll end up being the next Reeks.

I think the show will change Dreadforth for Deepwood Motte and follow her story from there...

I also think we don't actually need her o be in the Iron Islands for the Kingsmoot to happen. The show just not care about the POVs tides in the books.. and her role in the kingsmoot is kind of small...

I'm not going to be one of those people who are trashing the episode, because of the end. But I AM one of those people that wasn't thrilled with the end

The episode was great. So many great scenes. Sam meeting Bran. Sam and then Jon getting back to Castle Black. Arya killing that guy. The small council meeting scene was amazing. Davos and Gendry. Balon and Yara. Walder Frey and Roose Bolton. Even the Mhysa scene was good......just not good enough to end a season on

Three missteps, in this episode though.....

1: They should not have made Stannis' intent to go north known. That's a great surprise, when he shows up in force, beyond The Wall. Now everyone will be expecting it. They could have had Davos read something to himself and then run to show it to Stannis, but not say what it was

2: Could they have made that reunion with Jaime and Cersei any more underwhelming? When that one cut away, I thought that's it?!?!

3: Yes, they should have had Lady Stoneheart at the end. Seeing Berric kneel down to her, breath life into her, then die. Thoros could get choked up, seeing his friend finally pass for good. Then she rises and the Brotherhood all drop to one knee and hold out the swords as the camera pans out, black screen, roll credits. The non-readers would be floored. It would have been PERFECT!!!

Instead, we get Dany in what looks like a Coca Cola commercial. That's not fair. I shouldn't mock the scene, I did like it. It's just not enough of a grand ending. Everyone is caught up in what's happening in Westeros and something more close to there, was what was needed. When that screen went black, I yelled out loud, "wait..n....no...NO!!! That CAN'T be it!!!!"

I was stunned. Damn shame. Oh well. Still the best show there is and a great episode....but......damn....gah