[Book Spoilers] EP310 Discussion

Ran

I may be wrong, but I think he called himself a "natural son" of Roose Bolton. Roose was the one calling him his bastard. Might need a rewatch to confirm.

You are right... " sign by Ramsay Snow, natural son of Roose Bolton, Lord of the Dreadforth and Warden of the North"

Edited by LaroC

excellent episode overall. was a nice bounceback from last week, which i felt the red wedding could have been done better.

there were many compelling takes and glad to see them finally back at castle black. the roose/ frey scene was interesting.

including the rat king story was critical and explained the significance of freys betrayal beyond his actions.

davos is more compelling in the show than in the books, so a+ with anything involving the actor who plays him.

the jaime / cersei reunion was touching

they need to create more scenes with tyrion, tywin, and joffrey in counsel.. just brilliant stuff and i want more of it, even if it isn't in the books, like tonight's was. beyond the material and how the characters are written, these are probably 3 of the best 4 actors on the show...they need to be showcased even more.

even the greyjoy twist i didn't mind so much..one of the weaker threads in the books and needs some activity to make the ironborn compelling.

shae is not a likable character despite the show's efforts...sappy romance angle is really lame, actress is poor.. book tyrion may be a romantic but he doesn't ever presume she feels the same way. i'm worried they may not portray her betrayal the same way...

overall, very strong season.. couple of dud episodes but that is bound to happen.. very excited for next year as it should have the best 'big moments' from the source material to work with.

The Ironborn give zero fucks. It took 12 of them to take Winterfell.

While I do agree that the Ironborn give zero fucks, they took Winterfell with nobody there to defend it. They could have taken it with 1 person if they wanted.

Does nobody else think that attacking the Dreadfort with 50 men is one of the dumbest things you have ever heard? How could one possibly ever think that was a good idea.

Stupid Greyjoys.

....unless she's just going back to Deepwood Motte.

No, it sounds like a filler plot line to give something besides Kings Landing and Wall to show next season.

I'm guessing you are wrong. No Coldhands. He does nothing to advance the plot, adds nothing to the plot and then he disappears. He's not going to be in the show.

I still think they might introduce him next season to give Bran's plot line a bit more of something besides walking through the Snow for two years or whatever its going to be.

I gave it an 8. I liked everything, but didn't agree with their choice of final scene. a.) Dany's already been given a season ending scene before (which was totally in place and epically epic) and b.) Dany's astapor scene was much more epic than the "Mhysa" scene, so it felt underwhelming

Other than that, I enjoyed everything. Bran&Sam, Jon&Ygritte (yes I actually don't mind, maybe I'm biased), the reveal of Ramsey Snow's identity, Davos Davos Davos, Arya Arya Arya, everything at king's landing, everything at the wall, and the Mhysa scene too I think was well done but just wish there was something more powerful after that. Anything really, not necessarily coldhands or LS but anything as epic as the birth of dragons or an army of white walkers.

Edited by The She Wolf

While I do agree that the Ironborn give zero fucks, they took Winterfell with nobody there to defend it. They could have taken it with 1 person if they wanted.

I was joking. It isn't like the Ironborn are known for making good decisions though.

The episode got off to a good start and then fizzled. And the ending, what a laugh. Instead of Dany crowd surfing they could have had the unsullied call her Mysha and then cut to Nymeria pulling Cat's corpse out of the river. They didn't even have to show Beric bringing Cat back to life. Just the shot of Nymeria and Cat's lifeless body. Instead we get rock star Dany. The cheesiest possible ending.

No, it sounds like a filler plot line to give something besides Kings Landing and Wall to show next season.

I still think they might introduce him next season to give Bran's plot line a bit more of something besides walking through the Snow for two years or whatever its going to be.

Agreed on both counts.

I'm not bothered by the lack of UnCat; I've said from the beginning the best time to reveal her is at the end of S5, during Brienne's trial. Let there be two seasons worth of whispers about Mother Merciless, and build it up slowly. Revealing her one episode after her death would only cheapen the effect of the Red Wedding.

Mother Merciless is a more kickass name than Lady Stoneheart. Me likey.

The episode got off to a good start and then fizzled. And the ending, what a laugh. Instead of Dany crowd surfing they could have had the unsullied call her Mysha and then cut to Nymeria pulling Cat's corpse out of the river. They didn't even have to show Beric bringing Cat back to life. Just the shot of Nymeria and Cat's lifeless body. Instead we get rock star Dany. The cheesiest possible ending.

Having a dire wolf pull her body out of the water does nothing for non-readers. It's only important to us because we know what happens. People have to remember that this show isn't made for us.

Stannis is the same character he was in the books.

"I am king. Wants do not enter into it. I have a duty to my daughter. To the realm. Even to Robert. He loved me but little, I know, yet he was my brother. The Lannister woman gave him horns and made a motley fool of him. She may have murdered him as well, as she murdered Jon Arryn and Ned Stark. For such crimes there must be Justice."

I disagree.

agreed/agreed