[Book Spoilers] EP310 Discussion

Ran

I did and it went over the head of my unsullied viewing partner. It was a fail IMO.

Same here. None of my Unsullied caught it. Then again, I also don't see how so many Unsullied have been missing all the clues leading up to the reveal! I also wish they would have just done the real Ramsay/Reek storyline justice.

I think the show will change Dreadforth for Deepwood Motte and follow her story from there...

I also think we don't actually need her o be in the Iron Islands for the Kingsmoot to happen. The show just not care about the POVs tides in the books.. and her role in the kingsmoot is kind of small...

Surely "the only non-psychopathic candidate at the Kingsmoot" is a significant role. The point was that the Ironborn were presented with three options - Victarion's mindless attempt to continue his brother's stupid policies, Asha's attempt to work constructively towards a positive-sum peace, and Euron's megalomaniacal insanity - and they choose the worst one. If it's just a choice between Victarion and Euron, it doesn't have nearly the same power.

But I've no idea where they're going with the Iron Islands story.

Beginning of episode was great made me want to cry again. The north remembers people. Tyrion was great as usual. Another example of Arya being a total badass! Why isn't Balon dead yet!!!!? And the last scene with Dany reminds me why I hate her for freeing the slaves and why I'm now rooting for Aegon.

I'm not bothered by the lack of UnCat; I've said from the beginning the best time to reveal her is at the end of S5, during Brienne's trial. Let there be two seasons worth of whispers about Mother Merciless, and build it up slowly. Revealing her one episode after her death would only cheapen the effect of the Red Wedding.

I doubt it. There weren't even any mentions of the 'Lightning Lord' causing havoc everywhere with the Lannister forces, and that was brought up several times in ACOK IIRC.

Beginning of episode was great made me want to cry again. The north remembers people. Tyrion was great as usual. Another example of Arya being a total badass! Why isn't Balon dead yet!!!!? And the last scene with Dany reminds me why I hate her for freeing the slaves and why I'm now rooting for Aegon.

Danny is starting to go crazy on her own "mother fantasy"... that scene showed that well.

The look on Jorah's face had "Is she crazy" written all over his forehead...

Iff they develop the crazyness better in the show than GRRM did in the novels, I think I would like her more...

Same here. None of my Unsullied caught it. Then again, I also don't see how so many Unsullied have been missing all the clues leading up to the reveal! I also wish they would have just done the real Ramsay/Reek storyline justice.

Both of my unsullied understood the Ramsey reveal immediately. I mean....they just outright say it. If you've been watching the show every week I don't really see how you couldn't get the reveal.

Decent episode undone partly by the closing scene with Dany and the crowd of reasonably clean slaves....

Oh, and I am by no means a Stannis fan, but all they need to do is give him a waxed handlebar mustache to twirl in his fingers while he MUAHAHAHAHAHAs all over Dragonstone and I think the portrayal they're going for will be complete. :rolleyes:

Edited by Lannes

The first season was great.

Yes, the first season so far has been the best. The way D&D went on and on about how excited they were to do this season, I was expecting much more. But for me this season didn't come close to matching the first. It seems to me the more money they get from HBO the more concerned and invested they get about having bigger sets and more effects to the detriment of character building and good scripts.

I, for one, am quite pleased they didn't include the resurrection of Catelyn. Nothing could have lessened the dramatic impact of her death more than bringing her back to life a week later.

I think people are forgetting that in the books we don't actually see Lady Stoneheart's resurrection. We just see Nymeria pulling Cat's body from the water and then some people from the Brotherhood finding them. It will be more awesome when Stoneheart appears already resurrected, to hang Merrett Frey.

Yes, the first season so far has been the best. The way D&D went on and on about how excited they were to do this season, I was expecting much more. But for me this season didn't come close to matching the first. It seems to me the more money they get from HBO the more concerned and invested they get about having bigger sets and more effects to the detriment of character building and good scripts.

1) Season 1

2) Season 3

27) Season 2

Season 4 possibly has the potential and material to be the best yet, I think.

Edited by ckal

I, for one, am quite pleased they didn't include the resurrection of Catelyn. Nothing could have lessened the dramatic impact of her death more than bringing her back to life a week later.

Yeah you're probably right, though I wish they had something more dramatic than crowd surfing Dany to close it out.

Something minor, but are Grenn and Edd supposed to be dead?

Wolfhead Robb. Wow. I didnt expect them to show that. Holy shit.

Mum was happy with the Ramsay reveal. She realized that he was Roose's bastard, but i kept the name away from her until now. Any scene with Asha in it was good stuff maynard.

Was kinda ehh with the Jon scene but i did like it when he got back to Castle Black.

Davos scenes are always welcome. Shireen was back and thats <3

The Nightfort Horror and the story of the Rat Cook! Yes please.

Does nobody else think that attacking the Dreadfort with 50 men is one of the dumbest things you have ever heard? How could one possibly ever think that was a good idea.

Stupid Greyjoys.

....unless she's just going back to Deepwood Motte.

That shit was retarded.

Yara: "I will take 50 of our best men..."

Me: "Yes...go on"

Yara: "And storm the Dreadfort"

Me: "You have got to be fucking kidding me."

I could see if she was going to infiltrate the Dreadfort...but STORM, the HQ of the now Wardens of the North...who likely have a few THOUSAND swords at their backs. What the fuck?

1) Season 1

2) Season 3

27) Season 2

I know most people feel that way, but I thought this season was much worse and more disjointed overall than last year, to each his own I guess. Some people even say they think this season was better than the first year, which I find impossible to comprehend.

Man when did Stannis start getting all these delusional fans. Stannis isn't a good person. If GRRM has been consistent with his character description Stannis would have ordered Davos death. But he wasn't consistent with Stannis. Stannis was about the rules except when he wasnt.