[Book Spoilers] EP310 Discussion

Ran

Instead of being captured by Stannis I think Asha is going to join him because they have a mutual enemy; Bolton.

Anyone else wondering who was that dude with scar looking at Asha weird on the ship.

I think Cersei and Tyrion are the plotters in Joffery's death. I got that sense when Tyrion asked "How long does it go on" then Cersei says "Until we dealt with all our enemies" and Tyrion replies "Every time we defeat an enemy we create two more" as in the case of Ned Stark's execution.

No Fake Arya I guess

Jaime returning before PW, eh I don't know. I'll see how it plays out

And Stannis, yea buddy the King is coming for the Wall. The moment I been waiting for.

Tywin and Joffery I loved it. It was too funny. Almost made up for the Red Wedding.

From what I see Roose doesn't give a shit about Walder either. See how he stood there and was quiet. Old Frey kept bragging and bragging. Roose is like "Um the Blackfish escaped" Frey's like "So" and Roose is like "Ok whatever don't say I didn't warn you"

But what is it about the show that keeps me loving Roose for some reason, god I hate it. Does anyone else have that problem.

It seems Mel convinced Stannis to go North not Davos, but its cool.

Dany, mhmmm mhmmm hmm that's my one true love.

Man when did Stannis start getting all these delusional fans. Stannis isn't a good person. If GRRM has been consistent with his character description Stannis would have ordered Davos death. But he wasn't consistent with Stannis. Stannis was about the rules except when he wasnt.

Fun fact, the author considers Stannis to be a righteous person.

It wasn't the worst episode. There were some corny parts, and the whole thing seemed a little rushed,

Samwell was good, especially the first scene where he figured out Bran and Summer. I also liked the scene with Maester Aemon. The small counsel scene was pretty good. Arya and Hound were good. Frey and Bolton was OK.

I kinda liked Asha now wanting to save her little eunich brother. Have to see where that goes, though.

Sansa and sheep 'shift' was dumb. Davos was good with Gendry early on, but the escape was kinda rushed. I won't get in to Stannis too much, but I would have expected him to be a bit relieved he didn't have to burn the kid and now he has a new mission in life! But no, he still wants to execute Davos.

None of the Theon and Ramsay scenes seem right to me. They come off as childish. As if a sixteen year old wrote a horror scene. I guess I liked it in the book, where you get it in pieces and hints through flashbacks. The sausage just made it even more childish.

I didn't mind the ending - I was expecting it. The mosh pit was a little dumb, but the final image was cool. Not as good as the first season, though.

I have mixed feelings about unCat. I don't like resurrections in the books, but it would have been cool to see Thoros give her the kiss and her eyes popping open. It is definately too early for lady Stoneheart, though.

Anyone else wondering who was that dude with scar looking at Asha weird on the ship.

Im thinking thats actually Victarion but we shall see.

No Fake Arya I guess

What makes you say that? Were you expecting a set up for that so early? I certainly wasnt.

Yeah this is kinda weird. I dont know where they are going with this...

Instead of being captured by Stannis I think Asha is going to join him because they have a mutual enemy; Bolton.

I think Cersei and Tyrion are the plotters in Joffery's death. I got that sense when Tyrion asked "How long does it go on" then Cersei says "Until we dealt with all our enemies" and Tyrion replies "Every time we defeat an enemy we create two more" as in the case of Ned Stark's execution.

No Fake Arya I guess

And Stannis, yea buddy the King is coming for the Wall. The moment I been waiting for.

Tywin and Joffery I loved it. It was too funny. Almost made up for the Red Wedding.

From what I see Roose doesn't give a shit about Walder either. See how he stood there and was quiet. Old Frey kept bragging and bragging. Roose is like "Um the Blackfish escaped" Frey's like "So" and Roose is like "Ok whatever don't say I didn't warn you"

But what is it about the show that keeps me loving Roose for some reason, god I hate it. Does anyone else have that problem.

It seems Mel convinced Stannis to go North not Davos, but its cool.

Dany, mhmmm mhmmm hmm that's my one true love.

Fake Arya was not necessary until the PW and Sansa's disappearance. With Sansa expected to produce a Stark/Lannister heir, these is no need for fake Arya. So yes, there will be a fake Arya, but it won't come up until after the PW.

Why was the Sansa and sheep 'shift' dumb? Because it wasn't directly advancing the plot and it wasn't actiony? It wasn't a line from the books?

It was showing how for a moment she was getting comfortable right before the news hit about the RW. It also contrasts her situation with the Arya scene we saw right before.

It's characterization.

Man when did Stannis start getting all these delusional fans. Stannis isn't a good person. If GRRM has been consistent with his character description Stannis would have ordered Davos death. But he wasn't consistent with Stannis. Stannis was about the rules except when he wasnt.

Stannis was about justice. He knew going through with killing Robert's bastard wasn't justice.

How can you even try to say GRRM was inconsistent with Stannis and that D&D wrote it better? Did you even read the books?

It is the single most significant change from the books (for the worse) and straight-forward character assassination. Bluntly put, it's the biggest fuck-up in the entire show.

Edited by GGTeMpLaR

Okay, where to start? Ah, yes! Tywin Lannister. I knew it! He's the real "king" of the IT, not Joffrey; and never insult Papa Lannister or else, you'll go to bed without having a dinner.

I don't know if I can take the Tyrion whitewashing anymore. Ugh!

It was heartbreaking to see the KiTN paraded headless but with the head of his wolf. But never make a joke about the Red Wedding especially when Arya is around.

Ygritte shooting arrows at Jon Snow - I thought another Stark will be dead. Can't take it anymore after the bloody ep. 9. Jon should know it's not easy to break up with a Wildling gurl.

I'm happy to see Maester Aemon once again, but where is Lysa and SweetRobs (I thought they'll be in this season)?

Sam and Pippin Pyp in Castle Black reunited with Frodo Jon is kinda sweet, but I feel really bad for Gollum Reek - may the Otheys take Ramsay Snow for taking away Theon's last shred of identity.

Roose and Walder getting along. Nice scene but can't help to hate those two at the same time. Grrr!

Mhysa scene is okay but not as great as Dracarys.

Like the Rat Cook story then showing Old Frey eating his meal after ---> something is coming for the Freys. The gods are not happy.

Can't wait for the 4th Season!

Edited by Queen Visenya

Was mostly just happy we got the Rat King story. This ep was fine, mostly I find that I'm still interested to see what they do with the show next season, which is where you're supposed to be, so... good job.

Honestly, you couldn't really have a full-on release in one episode after the Red Wedding. So I was fine with this ep.

Oh please he was going to sacrifice a kid in the book and had to be talked out of it. He wasn't about justice, he was a self righteous prick. Davos defying him like that does not deserve the you were right all along lets be best buds again reaction that people seem to be craving. Show Stannis chose the realm over the boy.

Moments I loved:

story of Rat Cook and explanation of guest right and Grey Wind's Head on Robb's body. The latter will make the eventual revenge all the sweeter! Looking forward to Frey pies!

I loved Arya killing the guy who desecrated Robb's body.

I fistpumped when Yara made her speech about going to get Theon. (Although, technically, I yelled out Go, Asha! because I still call her that.)

Ygritte shooting Jon--I thought that scene was handled well

Sam repeated the oath was awesome.

Lannister conversations are always excellent.

Gendry and Davos's convo was nice add.

I liked the Shae and Varys convo, though it seemed uncharacteristic of Varys and Shae typically annoys me. I like the fact that she thought it was Tyrion trying to get rid of her. Makes the betrayal more logical.

Moments I disliked:

Taking out Sansa's refusal to cry in front of Tyrion and then her sobbing when the door is shut. To me, that was one of the most heartbreaking moments in the book and they just glossed over it.

Cersei and Jaime's lukewarm reunion. I get that they couldn't leave Jaime wamdering along until after the PW, but she could have been at least happy to have him back. I had predicted that they would not do the sept scene, but this was anti-climactic. Wondering if Jaime will help Sansa escape next season...

Enjoyable overall.

Danny is starting to go crazy on her own "mother fantasy"... that scene showed that well.

The look on Jorah's face had "Is she crazy" written all over his forehead...

Iff they develop the crazyness better in the show than GRRM did in the novels, I think I would like her more...

LOL

I totally read a "This girl done lost her mind..." look on Jorah's face

Stannis was about justice. He knew going through with killing Robert's bastard wasn't justice.

How can you even try to say GRRM was inconsistent with Stannis and that D&D wrote it better? Did you even read the books?

It is the single most significant change from the books (for the worse) and straight-forward character assassination. Bluntly put, it's the biggest fuck-up in the entire show.

I absolutely hate it because it robs the televisions audience the chance to love Stannis as much as I do.

I don't see the character assassination myself. Stannis only didn't kill Edric because he was taken out of his hands by Davos. Davos saved Stannis from himself. That was portrayed essentially the same way.

Oh please he was going to sacrifice a kid in the book and had to be talked out of it. He wasn't about justice, he was a self righteous prick. Davos defying him like that does not deserve the you were right all along lets be best buds again reaction that people seem to be craving. Show Stannis chose the realm over the boy.

Book Stannis chose saving the realm (his duty) over pursing his rightful crown. Seems like a good, albeit complicated, man to me.

He had to be talked in to it in the first place. The only way to do that was for Mel to convince him that millions of people would die if he didn't sacrifice the boy.