[Book Spoilers] EP310 Discussion

Ran

But - and I haven't read all the comments yet - am I the first one to mention the BIG REVEAL at the wall? It's HUGE!!!

Jojen tells Sam right out, "The Black Watch can't stop the White Walkers. All the armies of men can't stop them," and it is HEAVILY implied that it will be BRAN to conquer the Others.

Now the question is, is this something that is in sync with D & D's 'special knowledge' of the books' outcome, or is it yet another point where the two media stories diverge?

Does that mean no living men can stop the Others (this time)?

I wrote a post quoting Jon's Winterfell dreams only 2 days ago, and so I remember that the second part, where he got further than normal, featured the opening of graves. Very LotR, maybe even disappointingly so, but it could mean that the old Kings of Winter will be the ones to defeat the Others?

brienne and sansa are both at kings landing

the PW would still be atleast a few days if not more after this.

what would the driving point be behind brienne's search for sansa??

brienne will find out about Catelyn's death and she'll probably meet sansa.

if sansa does escape from KL after the PW what would brienne's motivation be to go after her??

Shae better not go anywhere

Yeah. I really thought that THIS was how they were going to get out of Tyrion killing Shea. Guess my original theory will be right. Tywin does it/has it done.

Writers really dropped the ball on this one. The last scene needs to be a cliffhanger dammit!

The cliff hanger last season went NOWHERE. It was an empty promise. I'd rather NO promise, than a lie.

Worst episode ever......WORST

Not even close. Off the top of my head - I'd suggest the episode from S1 which included LF and Varys discussing the latter's 'gash'. That scene was horrifically bad.

Second best episode of the season. Only outdone by ep 9.

I've got to wait another 4 hours to see this but it's not sounding great- RobbWind (with Arya watching according to a facebook comment), Ramsay eating Theon's private part and no Lady Stoneheart. I hope the Unsullied don't give up on this!

Considering the unsullied know nothing about LS, I don't see the problem.

I must say , exellent season and good ending , as a no book reader this was cool and awesome show .

And i see lot of people talk how this isnt showed , how that is bad , how they did assasination on some character and bla bla bla .....

1st you cant show everything from the books , havent you learned that from Lord of the Rings and like 1000 other book movies?

2nd If you can do it better , please do it .

3rd This Stoneheart lady you keep talking , maybe she will show up in 4th season? , there is 4th season you know ? , her and other characters that will die/do stuff will probably happen in next season . Just because they didint show it now , doesn't mean that they forgotten about it or they wont show it at all. My god some people deserve red weading !

4th Now i'll have to wait for the next season for a long long long time !!

5th again nice show and stop "cry me a river" and enjoy it , if you dont like it please go watch Gossip Girl or smt.

Roose laughing felt even more 'wrong' to me. I cannot imagine Roose EVER laughing.

That he did know, to his relief. “Yes, my … m’lord. You met his mother whilst out riding and were smitten by her beauty.”

“Smitten?” Bolton laughed.

Roose Bolton laughing would seem like an extremely detached sort of laugh, devoid of all happiness and pleasantness.

Edited by Pinkie Baelish

Roose laughing felt even more 'wrong' to me. I cannot imagine Roose EVER laughing.

I know right, and that Dany parade was awful .Clearly they are making out Stannis as the bad guy and Dany as Mother Teresa reborn.Which will be even more amusing when the unsullied find out that she is going to play queen and bed the sellsword for the next three seasons instead of sailing west with her dragons and conquering Westeros.

Edited by That Bloody Raven

Shireen is going to know first hand what a dragon's teeth are like when one of them eats her.

I will literally vomit blood and internal organs in anger if this ever happens

okay no i won't but shireen is so sweet i genuine hope she doesn't meet a horrible end :bawl:

I was actually fine with the Dany ending. Given the massive shock of the RW for those that haven't read the books, it needed to end on an upbeat note so it's not entirely doom and gloom - which is why you didn't see Balon Greyjoy or Ygritte dying in this episode for example.

Given that the Bran storyline and the Stannis storyline were greatly concerned with the threat of the Whitewalkers, it makes sense that you've got Dany on the other end of the spectrum coming to fight them with her ever growing army. Yeah there was a cheesy element to it - Dany, the Great White Hope - and the scene was much too long, but for me, when the camera panned up and you saw the thousands of people following Dany, I felt some hope for Westeros.

Yes the Whitewalkers are coming with their army of undead, but Dany is coming with dragons (magic!) and her vast armies. Maybe that makes her a Messiah-like character, but I don't think that's especially too different from the books. We keep hearing time and again about how powerful dragons are, and she's got three of them.

I do think it could have ended on more of a cliffhanger and I would have loved to have seen UnCat or the Wildlings marching on the wall, but I think after the Red Wedding, the audience needed some hope and that comes in the form of Dany.

NOTE: Sorry if someone has mentioned this before, I didn't have time to read the whole thread.

Edited by Lianne Stark

I will literally vomit blood and internal organs in anger if this ever happens

okay no i won't but shireen is so sweet i genuine hope she doesn't meet a horrible end :bawl:

Ned was 'sweet'. Maester Luwin was 'sweet'. All those babes in Kings Landing were 'sweet', to their moms, at least. Being innocent is no protection.

On the other hand:

For all the talk of how cruel and bold GRRM is, he hasn't seriously harmed any of the important children. Bran is paralyzed, but he has Hodor to carry him and he can warg into the wolves. A pretty good trade off.

I was actually fine with the Dany ending. Given the massive shock of the RW for those that haven't read the books, it needed to end on an upbeat note so it's not entirely doom and gloom - which is why you didn't see Balon Greyjoy or Ygritte dying in this episode for example.

Given that the Bran storyline and the Stannis storyline were greatly concerned with the threat of the Whitewalkers, it makes sense that you've got Dany on the other end of the spectrum coming to fight them with her ever growing army. Yeah there was a cheesy element to it - Dany, the Great White Hope - and the scene was much too long, but for me, when the camera panned up and you saw the thousands of people following Dany, I felt some hope for Westeros.

Yes the Whitewalkers are coming with their army of undead, but Dany is coming with dragons (magic!) and her vast armies. Maybe that makes her a Messiah-like character, but I don't think that's especially too different from the books. We keep hearing time and again about how powerful dragons are, and she's got three of them.

I do think it could have ended on more of a cliffhanger and I would have loved to have seen UnCat or the Wildlings marching on the wall, but I think after the Red Wedding, the audience needed some hope and that comes in the form of Dany.

NOTE: Sorry if someone has mentioned this before, I didn't have time to read the whole thread.

I agree that the Dany scene was to restore some hope for the unsullied. Though her 'army' is puny compared to what any of the great lords in the west could muster.

It is DRAGONS that will defeat the Others - if they are defeated at all. I can easily see them winning.

Edited by ExBruinsFan

After that episode, I'm officially Team Stannis! I don't want Dany as the beacon of hope (D&D and the unsullied are annoying me with continuing to rub 'how awesome' she is in our faces) and I'm not liking how they're portraying Stannis as no friend of the Starks while everyone thinks Dany is going to avenge the Starks- they probably won't add the Usurpers dog comment to her storyline at this rate.

I don't like how Stannis was portrayed in this episode but the 'my enemies have made my Kingdom bleed' speech was done well. Team Stannis!!

Edited by ~DarkHorse~