[Book Spoilers] EP310 Discussion

Ran

So conflicted.

If this were just any other ep I would have loved it! But I came to the table on an empty stomach and left still hungry.

I wanted so much more for the finale. They did s1 and 2 finale's prefectly! This one was meh...

Yara standing up for Theon and going to find him. The way this scene was filmed reminded me so much of the s1 finale when Jeor is giving his speech about going north and they show shots of the brothers getting ready. I liked the compassion she showed for her brother when their father dismissed him the way he did.

The Roose and Walder bit was interesting.

I'm sure there are other things, but this is all I can think of off the top of my mind.

Why does everyone hates Dany so much all of a sudden? I don't get it. In the earlier eps, we were all nerdgasming over her now everyone seems to hate her. I'm the first to say she did not belong in the last ep, but I didn't see anything wrong with her claiming her moment this ep. She'll have plenty of eps to relay what a bad mistake it is to just hang around Slaver's Bay. This book isn't done quite yet!

Seeing Varys doing something, even if it was a pointless convo with Shae the Funny Whore.

Tywin shooting Joffrey daggers. That look he gives just says it all!

Dislikes:

I didn't care for the Robbwind scene. It was just too much, really unnerving.

HATED the random Arya stabbing the Frey men. Because I'm still bitter about S2 killing off the men she was supposed to oh so sweetly kill this season. Was this the replacement? If so, it was a sorry one.

The random girls giggling at Pod's appearance. ARE WE SERIOUSLY STILL ON THIS???!

All the pointless convos. Tyrion and Cersei. Davos and Gendry. Yes I know that the convos lead to something, but they were boring to be in a finale.

No. Lady. Stoneheart. What. The. Fuck. This would have fit in perfectly!! I even stuck around after credits, like how they do in movies sometimes. Disappointed, it would have been a real treat, especially for the Unsullied, who will apparently have to wait an entire year to see LS and get some inkling of consolation from the RW.

There's def more, but like the rest of you, I will rewatch and rehash again! :)

I'm guessing they introduce Coldhands next season. He'll save Bran when they encounter their first Other.

I'm guessing you are wrong. No Coldhands. He does nothing to advance the plot, adds nothing to the plot and then he disappears. He's not going to be in the show.

Dany crowd-surfing like she was Nicki Minaj in a Pepsi commercial was the worst thing I've seen all season. As much as I didn't want Lady Stoneheart this season, I really don't think they could have ended it much worse. They could have ended it with Dolorous Edd farting and I would have enjoyed that exponentially more.

Great, big bag of suck.

relax people... I'm sure we're going to see coldhand and ladystonehart... IMO the Undeads plots are their bet for the nextt season.. since Danny will be lost in her "I want to be Mereenn queen" dream... And the Martells probably aren't gonna get the big space they got in the novels... so.. it left us with Kingslanding plotline and the Undead...

I'd agree that they're probably cutting Coldhands and LS. Coldhands seems more obvious, as because of what was said above, he does little for the plot. Stoneheart, because she wasn't alluded to in EP 10, will probably not appear; it would be stupid because everyone would know that M.F. is filming season 4 if they keep LS in, so there would be no surprise and nothing to be gained from not showing at least something in the finale.

Edited by Humble Hedge Knight

Does nobody else think that attacking the Dreadfort with 50 men is one of the dumbest things you have ever heard? How could one possibly ever think that was a good idea.

Stupid Greyjoys.

....unless she's just going back to Deepwood Motte.

For the massive amount of people that hate UnCat in the books, I cannot fathom how so many people are disappointed with no LSH reveal this episode. And if there was a LSH reveal, you know all these same people would be complaining that it was too early for this reveal and it is so chronologically out of order since it happens in the ASOS epilogue.

There are just as many people who like LS.

Does nobody else think that attacking the Dreadfort with 50 men is one of the dumbest things you have ever heard? How could one possibly ever think that was a good idea.

Stupid Greyjoys.

That was...odd, to say the least.

Stupid Greyjoys.

The Ironborn give zero fucks. It took 12 of them to take Winterfell.

I loved the episode overall (especially Arya), but I have one nitpick here. WHY DID RAMSAY CALL HIMSELF BASTARD! HE WOULD NEVER DO THAT!

I may be wrong, but I think he called himself a "natural son" of Roose Bolton. Roose was the one calling him his bastard. Might need a rewatch to confirm.