[Book Spoilers] EP310 Discussion

Ran

So I guess the shae scene was kind of warranted, because now Shae is under the assumption that Tyrion sent Varys to send her away. So I guess they are really giving her "reasons" to testify against him next season.

Is there going to be a positive nitpick thread?

I totally agree with everything and it makes more scense when she flips becaiuse she is hurt.

Cersei is all about appearances. She was so looking forward to a reunion with her perfect brother. The first thing she saw, was a stump.

I disagree. Cersei is definitely shallow and uses Jaime, but I think she genuinely loves him too. When she said, “My brother is worth a hundred of your friend” and various other occasions, she seems genuinely fond of him. Now, in this scene, Cersei shows none of that feeling, so I call it a miss.

Of all the pointless changes made from book to screen sometimes, I don't believe this one is as catastrophic. Jaime will attend Joffrey's wedding and witness his death (and we'll probably get surprising indifference from him, giving a chance to show how little Jaime thought of his own son), and in the chaos, Sansa will slip away. He won't notice, Brienne may not be in attendance, so Littlefinger will get Sansa away. Tyrion will be accused, and everyone will want to go after Sansa. Jaime will send Brienne.

In the show, Cersei hasn't been cheating on Jaime as flagrantly as in the Book (just Lancel, who has vanished) and she'll struggle to screw Kettleblacks whilst Jaime's in KL. Are they dropping that bit of story?

I think that Jaime’s indifference to Joff’s death could be the source of estrangement between the twins, as opposed to Lancel, Kettleblack, and Moonboy. However, I did miss the confrontation with Loras: “I’ll stick it someplace…”

Re: lack of sept scene, there was an interview with Lena Headey recently in which she said they’re deliberately keeping Cersei’s clothes on because when we finally see her naked, it’s against her choice (paraphrase). For that reason, we may not see the sept scene or any of her affairs. Then, the WOS will be more shocking.

I think that Jaime loved Cersei but Cersei only loved the fact that Jaime was her twin and looked as close to her as a man could. The narcissism and vanity that is ingrained within her is made crystal clear in A Feast for Crows. She used him ten ways from Sunday, even convincing him to give up his claim to Casterly Rock and take the white cloak to be at her beck and call.

I think that Jaime loved Cersei but Cersei only loved the fact that Jaime was her twin and looked as close to her as a man could. The narcissism and vanity that is ingrained within her is made crystal clear in A Feast for Crows. She used him ten ways from Sunday, even convincing him to give up his claim to Casterly Rock and take the white cloak to be at her beck and call.

Cersei used Jamie as a coping mechanism for not getting Rhaegar and then later finding out that Robert was a pig, the same way she later used Lancel as a coping mechanism for losing Jamie after he was captured. I think if Cersei would have ended up married to Rhaegar or if Robert would have actually been a good/faithful husband to her, she would have tossed Jamie aside like a bad habit and would not have thought twice about it.......

Edited by Jon Icefyre

!!

seriously, wtf was that. Varys is that good at juggling words, he could've easily gone along

the sympathy track by telling Shae that she was only likely to get under the wheels during the

"game of thrones". They have to prepare her treason, no doubt, but unless Varys wants her

to turn against Tyrion (which is unlikely since it would require major alterations (edit: now am unsure, was varys plotting against tyrion?

fuck, I can't remember..)), this wasn't done well.

Also, why not show dead Catelyn in the river, possibly being found by the Brotherhood?

By only showing them retrieving the body, this wouldn't even be a slight spoiler

I was against a LSH reveal, but I really like this idea with the BWB just fishing Cat's body out of the river. It would get fans to think, but that might actually give her resurrection away since they put so much emphasis on the BWB and Red God revivals with Beric Donadarrion and all...

HDU it's TRU LOVE

lol

LOL.

Unless she is talking about an equivalent of a commando raid and not a full frontal assault yes.

Even so, they would have less than zero chance of successfully raiding the Dreadfort which is full of men and undoubtedly one of the strongest fortresses of the North.

I don't think Asha is stupid enough to think that she could storm the Dreadfort with just 50 men. I think she planned to covertly infiltrate the fortress, probably through the same tunnels that Ramsay used to lead Theon out of, and then back into the castle.

Also, I think most of the Bolton forces are with Roose, south of the Neck. I got the impression that Ramsay was just "holding down the fort" with his Bastard's Boys which couldn't be more than a few dozen soldiers. All of this is conjecture but I'm sure Bolton took the majority of his men with him during the war so the Dreadfort shouldn't be that impregnable.

As did I. They're like, "This guy is hurt bad! Look at all the arrows in his back. Roll him around so we know if he is someone important."

Context this guy on a saddle-less horse in full wildling gear has collapsed. Until they recognised Jon they probably weren't going to do much to help him.

Cringed during the whore scene where Shae actually turned down a bag full of jewels due to love for Tyrion. Ridiculous. Can't wait until the little Lion reminds her he can't slum with her forever; it's strangle time.

There's something really off about the actress. English not being her primary language, poor acting skills, something. For all the hate Ros got, I really liked the actress.

Even so, they would have less than zero chance of successfully raiding the Dreadfort which is full of men and undoubtedly one of the strongest fortresses of the North.

It's totally doable. Roose didn't trust his bastard with thousands of troops, so there's probably just a few dozen men holding the Dreadfort while daddy is off at war. Yarrrra pirate girl slips in through the underground tunnel, takes Theon, then slips back out. Even if Ramsay notices, Yara/Theon will survive a running battle and get away. At the very least both of them need to survive long enough to be captured by Stannis.

Edited by Honey Badger

To be honest, if Yara frees Theon and then they get captured by Stannis, it absolutely destroys Theon's amazing ADWD arc. I hope this isn't the case, especially since D and D named Theon their favourite character. So it makes no sense as to why they would exclude his best arc in the series.

But how long is it going to take Asha/Yara to get to the Dreadfort by sea? Look how long it took the Redwynes to get back from Dragonstone, and that's not nearly as far. The show kind of dispenses with geography when it's convenient...also the fact that most people can't run as fast as a horse (apparently Ygritte can....)

Cringed during the whore scene where Shae actually turned down a bag full of jewels due to love for Tyrion. Ridiculous. Can't wait until the little Lion reminds her he can't slum with her forever; it's strangle time.

Right? How come the whores on this show don't care about money? Shae is in it for twu wuv and turns down a ridiculous amount of jewels, Ros wanted to make more of herself and so she became Hand of the Pimp, 3 (or 4?) whores thought Pod was so amazing in bed that they denied his payment....

Edited by atia-

Right? How come the whores on this show don't care about money? Shae is in it for twu wuv and turns down a ridiculous amount of jewels, Ros wanted to make more of herself and so she became Hand of the Pimp, 3 (or 4?) whores thought Pod was so amazing in bed that they denied his payment....

Well maybe Shae thought she would get more out of Tyrion but then having her die for Sansa? !!!!!

Really poor episode, its the first one ive been dissapointed in all season long.The writing was sloppy almost all over the place, and so was the acting.The only scenes i liked:

-Jamie + Cersey realising that they never really loved each other.Or to be more specific that she never loved him.

-Aria + The Hound badassery.

-Lanister family scene.

Rest was utter crap, like for example when Jon was crying.Also the last scene was retarded, wtf is up with the happy ending bull shit?

-Jamie + Cersey realising that they never really loved each other.Or to be more specific that she never loved him.

I don't understand where did some people see this. In an interview NCW said something along the lines of Cersei and Jaime both having missed each other and loving each, but things have changed for the while they were away. So the way the show is going to go on about it, is by having them loving each other like in a soap opera, and fall apart for other reasons. Not because Cersei is a manipulative liar and a cheat, like in the books. When she saw him she looked shocked and concerned to me, not like she didn't love him.

I'm not fine with this, honestly I'm not fine with all these departures in characterisation. They're quite annoying.

except, Ygritte doesn't have a horse. She just shows up. Teleport?

She runs as fast as a horse, apparently. Or maybe she has a car like Melisandre, who travels across Westeros much faster than other characters.

Edited by Door

I don't think we saw horses with the Wildlings, right?

In the book Mance 'took his fastest horse to ride to Winterfell', but I don't remember seeing them with horses.

How could Ygritte ride at all? Even if a few Wildlings have horses, was she so high up the ranks she was allowed to learn, or however that goes?

I don't know what to say about Jon getting his eyes almost clawed out one day, and the next he doesn't get 1 arrow, but 3 shot into his body (did one hit his leg?) If all 3 were in his back I suppose he's not going to limp around next season, but just moan a lot? :lol: